1.1 Changelog & future version to-do list.

Users who are viewing this thread

-Peter-

Master Knight
Old Guard
1.1 Changelog

- Fixed the misplaced text bug.
- Changes to the dialogues, especially the companions.
- England and Scotland should be at war permanently.
- +1 party limit for every 10 renown instead of 25.
- Morale bonus per leadership skill point increased.
- Lords' parties are larger.
- The amount of troops you can recruit from a village almost doubled.

Britain 1297 next version to-do list:-

- New models in general - In progress
- Battlefield banners - Done.
- Heraldic war horses for each of the factions. - In progress
- Major change to the dialogues. In progress
- Re-do the majority of the banners. - Not started
- Edit the tournaments (different equipment, more stages etc.) - Not started.
- Expand the troops trees. Not started
- Improve the map. In progress
- Decrease the amount of Independent Wales towns etc and increase the English's territory in Wales. Not started
- Get rid of the English army, Kingdom of England will own their towns etc. Not started
- A lot of new equipment for Wales and Ireland. In progress
- New scenes. In progress

If you wish to suggestion any changes or additions, please use this thread.

DaveDaDude said:
Remember to fix the companions who seem confused about there sexuality  :lol:

That should be fixed in 1.1 :S Doesn't matter anyway, I'll be going through the dialogue files in depth before the next version is out so they'll all have new stories, complaints and random bits of useless information to talk to you about.

I'm really enjoying this mod at the moment. I can't wait to see any future bits you may add  :smile:

Mabey have names for the tartans? In the item editor, It's hard to know which is which since they are all (except 2) named the same thing. Kind of like the Dougless tartan.

Differentiated tartans might be good, but I'd only be interested in seeing them named if said names were descriptive only, not clan-specific. As stated in another thread, the tartans are out of place to begin with. In addition, most clans didn't have a particular tartan assigned to them until the 1800s, in honor of King George's visit to Edinburgh. While a nice Clan Graham green would look nice, it wouldn't fit the time period particularly well.

So I suppose it depends on what the modder is going for vis a vis Hollywood versus authenticity. As we're seeing a Roman invasion in the works, I think he'll prefer making it look like Braveheart rather than anything true to life.  :wink:

- Updated the list. Hoping to get a lot more work done in the coming weeks.

attackrat said:
So I suppose it depends on what the modder is going for vis a vis Hollywood versus authenticity. As we're seeing a Roman invasion in the works, I think he'll prefer making it look like Braveheart rather than anything true to life.  :wink:

Lol, the Romans will NOT be in Britain 1297, it's a totally different mod. And as I've stated before, I've went for the Hollywood look Scots due to the mod being based on personal preference and what I wanted as a mod. However, in the next  version the Scot troop tree is going to be expanded so after Scottish_Farmer there will be a choice of a Lowland unit or Highland, the Highland unit will be more Hollywood and the Lowland more historically accurate so you can choose depending on your preference or mix and match.

I cant wait for the heraldic horses to be implemented. I may just have to switch to the english when that happens.
I KNOW this is a big tabu..    but...  do you have any eta on the next update?  :grin:

Couched said:
I cant wait for the heraldic horses to be implemented. I may just have to switch to the english when that happens.
I KNOW this is a big tabu..    but...  do you have any eta on the next update?  :grin:

It's gonna be a while yet because at the moment I'm in a bit of a ****ter with rl at the moment meaning I don't have a lot of time to spend on modding. I'm still working on it but not at the pace I was before the release. I started working on some new scenes such as a execution spot behind a village at the weekend though to make things more interesting. I'll probably start over again with the scripting though as it's a bit tits up at the moment and I made a lot of mistakes early on that'll be a pain to find. I'm hoping to get it released around March, maybe February if I pick up the pace a bit, but I really couldn't give an exact date. It should be worth the wait though, I've already put a lot of effort into the Welsh and Irish faction to make them more unique and the Scots will have both a historically accurate option and Hollywood so...in theory it should be more fun, and a lot more complete than the current release, especially considering the dialogues are being re-done with a lot more thought.

That sounds absolutely fantastic! Looking forward to a late-March or early-April release. The scenes, warhorses, and banners should really make the mod look even more like Britain. Keep it up Peter!

Back
Top Bottom