You folks should really ask the Fantasy Mod team if you could use their assets

Users who are viewing this thread

Sibilance

Knight at Arms
One of my big gripes with the otherwise nicely-developing fantasy world of Talera is that it uses the same old boring Native gear arsenal we've been killing each other with since the days when Calradia only had two kings, and one was a zombie. It's awesome that you have Elvenbow to do your modeling, but fleshing out that side of things is a big job. So, seein' as the Fantasy Mod devs don't plan on porting to 1.0, I think you should consider approaching them about using some of the wonderful models and scenes they had.

I don't recall if they did those themselves, or if some of it came from some weapons pack or other, but I think Chronicles of Talera would make a worthy heir apparent to all of the flavorful fantastical goodness that Fantasy Mod brought to the table. They had tree-cities and awesome troll faces and fancy elf armors and such which would fit right in, and I'd really love to re-experience some of those wonderful things if you'd care to do the overhaul. Please give it some consideration :smile:

Hey Sibilance.

The Fantasy mod was a great creation. All the models were done by HighElf, I believe, as he even has tutorials.

Highelf is a pretty awesome guy, but I believe that his models should stay in his mod. We already have 2 modellers making great models, and that aspect will come as an overhaul soon. I've taken a lot of inspiration from his mod, but one of my biggest flaws is that I don't like to intrude on other people's work. If he offers to help, then by all means I'll use them. Until then, just sit back and wait for the next, model-packed release.

By the way, we've made at least 10 models already. More will come.

After playing as a Flame swordsman in RPG Mod (Still love that mod), I was wondering for that main sword that you have to find, if you could use a particle effect, and it creates flames following the blade's path....

Tis just a thought.

Fair 'nuff. Elvenbow and Cookie Eating Huskarl (sorry for not crediting ya) have a lot of work ahead of them, but I respect the decision to strike out on your own path, and I can't wait to see what you create. :mrgreen:

The thing that makes me a little wistful, though, is slowly seeing all of the work that the old modders did getting shelved and mothballed as an .808 historical exhibit. I'm going to go pour out a fotie and mourn a little for Schattenländer and Pirates! now :cry:

Back
Top Bottom