Difficulty

Users who are viewing this thread

Ikaruga

Sergeant
Hi,

Fisrt, I would like to say that your mod is really impressive :grin:

It adds a lot to the game.

However, I think that the beggining is very very hard : I started as a planewalker and there are mounted bandits, keepers of the scroll everywhere :O  Make three steps and 2 or 3 parties will be on your arse. (OK, they are not so hard to kill but with the few troops and low equipment you have at the beggining ...)

dun go near those... seriously.. the keepers are okay to solo if ur mounted... but the bandits will slaughter u... gather recruits and dun let them fight first until u gain the superiority of numbers... planewalker recruits should be better ... they can support u with ranged attacks... juz ask them to hold position on somewhere elevated and u go solo. kill more looters... they drop pretty good items for the beginning of the game... i even got a blanced bastard sword and a lordly flat topped helm... juz keep fighting looters till ur fully armed and ready with a small band of warriors

Thanks Ika.

I agree on the difficulty. The next release will feature recruits costing only 20 denars, and you will start with more men.

Cookie Eating Huskarl said:
dun go near those... seriously.. the keepers are okay to solo if ur mounted... but the bandits will slaughter u... gather recruits and dun let them fight first until u gain the superiority of numbers... planewalker recruits should be better ... they can support u with ranged attacks... juz ask them to hold position on somewhere elevated and u go solo. kill more looters... they drop pretty good items for the beginning of the game... i even got a blanced bastard sword and a lordly flat topped helm... juz keep fighting looters till ur fully armed and ready with a small band of warriors

ARRGH.  :shock:

Cookie Eating Huskarl said:

Only one issue with that... Looters (Weakest enemy in game) shouldn't HAVE a Lordly Helm and decent Bastard Sword. They are meant to have crap, because they're only purpose is to level Recruits.

That's the kind of attitude I try to steer away from. I'd prefer to not have "levelled" gameplay. You're thrown into the world, and if you encounter a horde of barbarians, then tough luck.. The whole levelling system is a bit too "MMO"-ish for me. Besides, they're adventurers.

elenmmare... can u change the party ids for the adventurers and the friendly adventurers so no one confuses them with looters any more... they are darn unlikely to be juz looters

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm personally fine with having non level-specific creeps. Thing is, it's rather hard to efficiently level your recruits when the starting enemy is equivilant to a 2nd or 3rd tier troop. I've had them outnumbered like 3 to 1 with Recruits and still all my recruits got owned. By the weakest enemy. Just saying is all.

its accualy not that tough... yes advanturers are ownage lol they kick recruits anytime but hey... im playing on 101% difficulty from beggining. and its just fine. if nothing you can still get to the plague villages and take some recruits (they own) of course i figured it out too late xD now im tryin to upgrade some orcs... kinda hard considering im so into helping those 2 lords in my nation that seem to have problems dealing with 5xx barbarians, of course when i join those 2 lords we still have 219 units. so far i managed to solo kill 29. then i get owned, then my army gets owned, then i become a prisoner.... good thing i didint go on hardcore difficulty with no saving without exiting lol

Kojiro Sasaki said:
Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm personally fine with having non level-specific creeps. Thing is, it's rather hard to efficiently level your recruits when the starting enemy is equivilant to a 2nd or 3rd tier troop. I've had them outnumbered like 3 to 1 with Recruits and still all my recruits got owned. By the weakest enemy. Just saying is all.

Are you playing the most recent version? My character started with 5 Taleran Adventurers in the party, and they were able to destroy the small groups of adventurers with my assistance.  I had some recruits but they mainly stood around and got experience while the Taleran adventurers and I mopped them up.  Once they got a battle or two under their belts, they became more useful as members of my party.

Yep, I added the adventurers to address this issue. It should help a lot.

Those bastards can still knock me and all of my adventurers down with one hit wielding a wooden stick. Meh, perhaps things will look better after I've gotten some sleep. I'm dead tired but I'm too lazy to get up and go to bed and I really want to try out some modding. Anyone else get like this or just me?

Bellum said:
Those bastards can still knock me and all of my adventurers down with one hit wielding a wooden stick. Meh, perhaps things will look better after I've gotten some sleep. I'm dead tired but I'm too lazy to get up and go to bed and I really want to try out some modding. Anyone else get like this or just me?

Yeh, I know. Some of the staffs + looters= pwnage.

I've fixed that. You sure you have the latest version?

First of all I want to say that this mod looks VERY promising! :grin: About to start it..
Secondly, I totally agree about loot etc:
Elenmmare said:
That's the kind of attitude I try to steer away from. I'd prefer to not have "levelled" gameplay. You're thrown into the world, and if you encounter a horde of barbarians, then tough luck.. The whole levelling system is a bit too "MMO"-ish for me. Besides, they're adventurers.

Thanks, hopefully the next release, which Khandrak, Elvenbow, Huskarl and Kardio are all to blame for, will be a huge improvement  :smile:.

Elenmmare said:
Bellum said:

Yeh, I know. Some of the staffs + looters= pwnage.

I've fixed that. You sure you have the latest version?

Oh, sorry. No, I'm not positive. The file says "CoT1.251.rar". I didn't really play for long, though, and it was very early in the morning (kind of like right now). I haven't had time to play since then, with school and getting sick and family stuff. It looks like a good mod, though, and I'll be sure to play it again and give some feedback.

I'm still getting the adventurers with Killer Staffs of +10 Badass.  I mean, really, I started with an alright set of armor and they still do 50+ damage per hit.  Not to mention that they are so heavily armored, I either have to be really lucky, fight very well (hard to do against a group of them, especially since I prefer using a two-handed sword), or I have to kite them with my crossbow going for headshots.  Seems a bit strange to me, since, logically, the Adventurers are the lowest enemy rank aside from low-leveled deserters.

I will say this in their favor, at least - they drop ridiculously good loot.  Best stuff so far is a helmet that had 43 protection and a Tempered Sword worth a bit over 1,000 at full price.

As a sidenote, I only just downloaded the mod from the download thread.  Aside from the kickass Adventurers I have to face, it's quite a good mod thus far.

Back
Top Bottom