The Modelling Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Damnit you guys are great.

Huskarl, are you planning on making your own weapon kit..? I have no issues adding you to the team you know  :smile:

Great texture on that sword, by the way.

Cookie Eating Huskarl said:
I'll love to be one the team... but i still need a few more days to finish my exams 1st... den i'll be good to go

Great. I've got my exams to worry about too. Well, the Canadian equivalents.

Elenmmare said:
I'll love to be one the team... but i still need a few more days to finish my exams 1st... den i'll be good to go

Great. I've got my exams to worry about too. Well, the Canadian equivalents.

year 12 exams... my uni future is riding on this... hahahaha

edit : juz screwed up my calculus today... the joy!!

hey elven... is it possible to make a new head mesh to be put in game?? like adding little horns or fangs to ppl

That would be no problem, import a head mesh just ectrude and scale, and u name it....and there yah go :razz:

Thedemonss.jpg

Wow! Elvenbow your a pro! (It rhymes, doesnt it)
Man~ I wanna have those skills thank you

Elvenbow123 said:
That would be no problem, import a head mesh just ectrude and scale, and u name it....and there yah go :razz:

[snip!]

ooo....  but to make it in game usable??.... i 'll try to make something today... got the the whole afternoon to myself

Have you thought of using a helm slot model and texture to represent the non-human factions?  I noticed your horns model and it loosely reminded me of the way the Star Wars Calradia mod works.  That mod uses helmets for all its alien heads and it turned out really sleek looking.  It would allow you to make your fantasy factions look a lot more out of the ordinary.  Anyway, just a thought. 

Kardiophylax said:
Have you thought of using a helm slot model and texture to represent the non-human factions?  I noticed your horns model and it loosely reminded me of the way the Star Wars Calradia mod works.  That mod uses helmets for all its alien heads and it turned out really sleek looking.  It would allow you to make your fantasy factions look a lot more out of the ordinary.  Anyway, just a thought. 

I've done that already. The undead are simply wearing helmets. Deep down they're just like you and I... :roll:

Still, a Feron head would be much appreciated. Elvenbow or Huskarl, would you mind making a head model with Orcish features? Take a look at any Warcraft 2, 3, or Warhammer orcs for inspiration. Thanks!

but if u make a feron head?? wun they have no variations at wat helm they are using?? well... unless u put native skull caps and stuff on top of the mesh and make a few variation

Elenmmare said:
Kardiophylax said:

I've done that already. The undead are simply wearing helmets. Deep down they're just like you and I... :roll:

Still, a Feron head would be much appreciated. Elvenbow or Huskarl, would you mind making a head model with Orcish features? Take a look at any Warcraft 2, 3, or Warhammer orcs for inspiration. Thanks!

My apologies, I need to take a closer look at those undead.  Admittedly, your mod takes a little time to get going due to the initial difficulty (got chased down and beaten a lot when starting new characters), so I've not had a good size army to fight the undead with yet.  I had some Feron in my party, so I had mainly been referring to them.  Sorry about that, I meant no offense.  :smile:  I hope to have more time to test mods out this weekend, so I will definitely check them out.

but if u make a feron head?? wun they have no variations at wat helm they are using?? well... unless u put native skull caps and stuff on top of the mesh and make a few variation

Yes, their would have to be different "helm heads" with the face changes and different helmets attached to the model.  Once the base model was made I don't think it'd be that hard to add some variety.

Yep, you're right about the helmet variations. Could be a problem..

another hour of retexturing what i made earlier.... and i present u my first model made... a bloodseeker (600 poly :C) too much poly i think... but it almost doubled after i triangulated it... heard m&b only supports triangulated

its not perfect but i hope it can come to some use to me... at least...
tell me what u think about it...

elenmmare... i'll start with the feron head tonight... need sleep now...and one question... an orc has a large jaw... wun that create some clipping issues??  :smile:

elvenbow... giv me ur email or something so its easier to send u stuff

Nice.

The clipping issues won't be too severe if the head isn't. Don't exaggerate it too much, just enough to get the point across. Thanks.

So i thought of an idea of a miniquest... if it isn't too much for to script in... remember the story of the sword in the stone??

Make something like if u win a tournament in every faction (except the plagued of cox... since they are naturally hostile to u) u will get a sword... which is rumored to be supposedly some legendary sword of some sort and is said that there is a spell to unlock it to its full potential except it is in pieces and are with some tough ppl of some order carrying it around in a band of 60 ppl to guard the spell fragment...

they will constantly be traveling around the kingdoms and are hostile to players ...

supposedly if the prize for this quest is a blood thirsty sword... that heals u a bit for every kill u make (ask 暗暗十分... the modder of heart of mercy if u find adding that a problem... i think u have to make a trigger for that skill like if ur using the blood thirsty sword http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,46979.0.html )

but i think that using crusaders of the dawn for that purpose would be nice... make an larger part of them to guard spell fragments

like their aim is to destroy the world's evil and keep the world's evil ppls' dirty hands from the ultimate spell to revive a sword that would supposedly turn its wielder into a somewhat invincible...

here the other texture i made for the sword...

one on the left is the sealed version and the one on the right is after u unsealed it... will try to make unsealed look cooler... :grin:

anyway its juz another random suggestion from me

Back
Top Bottom