The Modelling Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

so finished rigging ( some small issues persist) and so the infantry armor (1420 tris) is done here are some screeens

note : side equipments in screens are inquisitor visor, mail chauses, chain mittens
screen1-30.jpg

screen2-15.jpg

screen3-11.jpg

And a reminder why talera will always pwn native  :mrgreen:
screen5-3.jpg

Why.so.seriousa? said:
Sexy Texture, nice armour too, i was wondering if you could do the shinyness to the other armours too...

Yes i can, Yes i can... :grin:

And for second things, the infantry helm 1st design (586 tris)

WARNING - models are yet to be hardened and therefore might appear to be akin to cotton candy to the hungry

helm1-2.jpg

helm2-2.jpg

and a helm that might need to be either lord only or player unique, i call it the snail helm (or helm on steroids - 988 tris)
helm3-1.jpg

helm4.jpg

I most likely scrap the second one due to poly fear, tell me what u think...

The bottom helmet might fight the head inquisitor or the head general guy, or it could be a "reward item"

I can't wait to strut around in the armor by the way.

hot damn !!!
last time I've seen those golden-trimmed gears, I felt they made of paper, now all of those looked so awesome  :mrgreen:
They are just C00L

Okay i fixed the helm, made it more balance in looks and with more things now at less tris, infantry helm ver2 (572 tris)

helm1-3.jpg

helm2-3.jpg

helm3-2.jpg

so now instead of a barbute design, i gave them a bucket helm like helm for the base, couple of platings, a blinder, and a couple of iron wings on the side. Guess the vindictors will have REAL wings.

edit : so the complete set might look like this

armorset1.jpg

like it?

edit 2 : made some of the helm smoother, so some flaws u see in the earlier shots are gone.

edit 3 : btw, elen, can i give the recruits buckets for helmets? :lol:

edit 4 : Painted texture done, somehow it looks like an item from warcraft :lol:

helm1-4.jpg

helm2-4.jpg

helm3-3.jpg

Now for ingame screens :grin:

okay, after ingame shading it looks like this, however, one problem regarding the floating head persist (got the armor too low during rigging).
A full head helm would work fine without this problem though, might add a new piece to cover the front if people mind bout this.

screen1-31.jpg

screen2-16.jpg

screen3-12.jpg

Firstly, thanks for the kind compliments

okay guys, i thought about it quite long, and the vindictor helm will be full face.

This helm i will either modify when i got time or i'll juz make a new one and that could be the new inquisitor helm (last one was ****, planning to scrap both armor and helm and remake)

after the vindictor helm will be the gloves and boots

that's why i wanna change it :grin:

As for the previous helm, it will be coupled up with the new inquisitor armor i'm making in a few days

edit : Another version of infantry helm (full helm)

screen3-13.jpg

screen2-17.jpg

screen1-32.jpg

screen5-4.jpg

screen4-9.jpg

Beautiful.

Also, buckets-for-helmets... hmm. Sure, but I wouldn't give it to all of them. Just a rare few. Actually, any kind of improvised helmet would be awesome.

These look like a major upgrade from the Version 3 armors. Those were nice and all but they looked somewhat dull, and a bit pixelated up close. I might actually consider rejoining the Illorians if this armor is available for them in the next release. :grin:

sorry for the delay on models, still churning out designs in my head...

Edit : so i finished making conceptual arts on new inquisitor armor and started making a V1 of it. Thought it is decently high in tri count :neutral: (1834 tris to date without everything i planned inside it, perhaps the uber version would be for the grand inquisitor)

So I want you guys to see how it it first.

armor2-4.jpg

armor3-3.jpg

It's basically a metal corselet with shoulder guards, arm guards, leg guards, knee guards and a loin cloth in front. The bracer and the knee guard  (if i decide to keep them) would require me to texture in instead of making a model for it

So what do you think? :grin:

Late reply, but heh. I like the armour. We can certainly get creative with the texture to add some fancy flair to it, but for the actual model, it looks great.

How many tris is it?

1834 tris

Sorry juz got back from the neighboring country. Haven got my strength back to texture it... been f-ing busy. O... and happy birthday to me.... :neutral:

edit : gotta delay on modding...... again. Family problems and needing a supplementary exam for one of my subjects don't help at all... anyone volunteer to take my uni course for me?

These attending like a above advancement from the Version 3 armors. Those were nice and all but they looked somewhat dull, and a bit pixelated up close. I ability in fact accede rejoining the Illorians if this armor is accessible for them in the next release.

Hi guys!  :smile:
I'm downloading your mod atm. Hope to play it soon.
I used to be rookie modeler, but had to stop doing it 'cause of exams. If you like some of my models, feel free to contact me at [email protected].
I'll send them in .rar and you can do whatever you want with them. Most of them need a bit of tweaking :smile:

P.S. I forgot to make sharp and soft edges on some of the models...  :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom