Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i juz got the most simplistic idea... add a horn to the horse's head, make the horse white (or pink... well whatever makes u happy :wink:) and make the horn look a little like a drill... and behold... the little girl's fantasy... no... i'm not joking...but make it white pls... and all this time i was thinking about pegasus

Cookie Eating Huskarl said:
i juz got the most simplistic idea... add a horn to the horse's head, make the horse white (or pink... well whatever makes u happy :wink:) and make the horn look a little like a drill... and behold... the little girl's fantasy... no... i'm not joking...but make it white pls... and all this time i was thinking about pegasus

I've seen one before... here is an  old thread with a unicorn.

I'd probably pass on the Pegasus since it wouldn't be able to fly, but a Unicorn could be cool.  I think a Zebra would be a pretty interesting and easy to make retexture of the horse model I think.  It wouldn't necessarily be black and white either.  Custom mounts to differentiate the different kingdoms would be great, but unfortunately I just don't have the modeling/texturing talent to do it. 

I've seen some mounts created back in .808 days, shown here on the fantasy mod thread:  Fantasy mod :  They look pretty good given the quality of the other models at the time.  The native models have improved a ton since then though.  I really noticed this when I downloaded the old version and tried the models out.  The horses looked no where near as good as they do now.

I'm sure some different ones would also work as long as they were roughly around the size of the horse, for hit box and clipping purposes.  Ultimately though, several things would have to happen for these to be implemented.  First someone would have to be able to create good looking models, and second Elenmmare would have to decide if he wanted to use them or not.

Ideally, I could see alternative mounts as a very distinguishing feature of each faction.  I have some ideas for faction mounts, but they can't go anywhere except my own head without someone to model them.

add fire and lightning swords :O

just like with effect if possible, doesnt have to do fire and lightning dmg...

oh and dont ask me how ^^

try suggesting some... there might be a day when my modelling skills could do it... since now i have more time to myself

Well, keeping in mind I'd want them to be the same relative size as the native horse, my rough ideas would be something like:

Feron - Something savage.  A savage looking black panther, worg/wolf, boar, or bull.  Only their lords have mounts currently. 

Blighted Plague - Something evil or undead.  A dreadsteed (Black horse with red eyes or something evil looking), or skeletal horse (or something else unique that I can't think of right now).  Only their lords have mounts currently.

The Planelords - Tiger, Zebra, Unicorn, a male deer with antlers, really any creature found in the nearby woods that could be tamed.  Only their lords have mounts currently. 

Illoriaon / Asaleth - Horses.  Perhaps a Unicorn or Zebra style horse as an option (faction leader mounts?), but the native horses are also fine if the other factions got new mounts.

I would give the faction leaders a slightly modified version with better stats and probably some armor or a unique saddle.  New mounts wouldn't change the gameplay significantly, except perhaps to increase the strength of the faction leaders and lords if they have faster, stronger mounts then the player.  I would make the unique mounts available to the player/companions under two circumstances.  One, they earn their factions unique mount through extended service to their cause and completion of specific quests.  Two, by defeating the enemy and having a chance to loot if the lord/ruler is captured.   

Good suggestions. The priorities are really the following:

New Quests
New Armours
New Mounts
New Towns, Cities..etc.

@Kardiophylax, I like the faction mount ideas. The bulls for the Feron sound pretty great.

Yeah, a bull would be awesome to charge into battle on.  I thought about it a little bit, and thought of another possible Feron option.  A bison.  It looks primitive, savage, and dirty all at the same time.  Once other higher priority issues are taken care of, adding either would be great.  As well as the other faction mounts of course.

A couple of examples of the type I'm talking about

buffalo-bison_304.jpg
bison-standing.jpg

Suggestion i thought after i read the new thread that says about expanding the mod.

This idea came from an old mod that died , it was called Age of Mythology.
What i suggest is to add new "Creepy /fantasy" unit types.

-Add some more "Dead ones" to the Pleagued ones.Like a guy with a horse head , rynocher head and so on.
IN a few words : Combine some of them with animals to make them look even more creepy.

If i am not wrong the Pleagued Ones are made of GOBLINS and humans right ?

this mod would be great if you could add a "darker" feel to it... like replacing some of the textures, maybe make the Plagued a little more scarier, and some other stuff like that.

Oh, and maybe, could you ask some modellers to make some scene props? :grin:

thanks

hey... i wanna know if u giv the plane walkers one or two bags of arrow... thx

Erm, not sure if you can do that. I think currently they've only got one. Do they ever run out of ammo when fighting with you?

It wouldn't be hard to create a new item with a higher maximum ammo if it is needed.  Unless you have some other reason for asking about two bags of arrows?

i'm thinking of making a dagger for shield for the higher tiers... it would have weak resistance... about 200 of shield hit points and a size of 1... it would not be a defense against arrows... but juz a 'shield' for melees... since they die off too quickly once the melee starts... almost all other races high tiers have a big shield... which makes shooting them not effective

Well I've seen other mods use a weapon model for a shield effect, allowing blocking incoming melee attacks with it at least.  The lightsaber in the Star Wars mod for instance.

What might work better is to increase the speed of the melee troops if they don't have shields and are lightly armored.  I view the Planelords as more of a light infantry then say Asaleth and Illoriaon with their heavy mounted troops.  This would allow them to engage faster.  Other counters would be ranged troops of your own, or mounted troops of your own, perhaps of a mercenary variety.

I've not had enough time to look into the balance issues though, and haven't examined the troop files much at all in my work so far,  so Elenmmare or some other individuals may have a more informed opinion.  I don't plan to balance the troops much with the work I'm doing.  I might add some elite speciality troops for the kings/claimants and increase the power of those individuals, but that's all I plan to touch as of now.  That is of course, subject to change further down the road.

Kardiophylax said:
Well I've seen other mods use a weapon model for a shield effect, allowing blocking incoming melee attacks with it at least.  The lightsaber in the Star Wars mod for instance.

What might work better is to increase the speed of the melee troops if they don't have shields and are lightly armored.  I view the Planelords as more of a light infantry then say Asaleth and Illoriaon with their heavy mounted troops.  This would allow them to engage faster.  Other counters would be ranged troops of your own, or mounted troops of your own, perhaps of a mercenary variety.

I've not had enough time to look into the balance issues though, and haven't examined the troop files much at all in my work so far,  so Elenmmare or some other individuals may have a more informed opinion.  I don't plan to balance the troops much with the work I'm doing.  I might add some elite speciality troops for the kings/claimants and increase the power of those individuals, but that's all I plan to touch as of now.  That is of course, subject to change further down the road.

This mod has sword-shields as well. In the module system you'll find something called "Claws of the Sovereign". Undead lords use them.

Elenmmare said:
This mod has sword-shields as well. In the module system you'll find something called "Claws of the Sovereign". Undead lords use them.

I see that now, hadn't looked at the items files too deeply.  Thanks.

Bit late, but for the mounts, youcould always see if you could borrow a couple from Fantasy Mod. No idea if Highelf and co are still around, but you never know. (Or at least, I dont)

hey... i juz read someone's post that says the new brf supports custom skeleton... what does that mean??

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,33337.0.html

read 1st post...

hey... i juz read someone's post that says the new brf supports custom skeleton... what does that mean??

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,33337.0.html

read 1st post...

I believe that means you can design any kind of creature you want now.  Before units and NPCs were limited to using the human skeleton skeleton or the horse skeleton(for new mounts and such).

Nope, it doesn't. You can make whatever model you want, but the hitboxes are wrong.

That mod has been around for a long time. They assumed that version 1 would support it, but no news has been revealed. The mod was posted in 2007, so it was all speculation.

Of course, some minor changes to models won't make too much of a difference. For example, a bull wouldn't be too off if you made it in the general shape of a horse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom