Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 36522 times)

Elvenbow123

• Regular
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
Re: Suggestions
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2008, 03:21:51 PM »
Hey ellen, ur modder tried our ported mod for the first time yesterday, really good!

But kinda one thing.... The planewalkers (lords?) is Purple! :P

Kojiro Sasaki

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2008, 10:08:18 PM »
Don't ask me why, but Ellen wanted purple Elves for some reason. It's on purpose.

Aleczacool

• Master Knight
  • For the craftworld!
    • View Profile
    • My website!
  • Faction: Neutral
  • MP nick: Aleczacool
  • M&BWBWF&S
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2008, 11:03:05 PM »
I think they're either more like Drow/ Dark Elves, or they're just....Whatever..

It IS Elenmare's mod, so he can have all the races/people he wants in it.

Calodine

• Southern Poof
  • Baron
  • A boar, a scorpion and a badass walk into a bar...
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: irc://Calodine
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2008, 10:42:25 PM »
Replace the banners ingame (All of em ^^) with more Fantasyish ones.

Tedious yet easy work, I know. Which is why ill do 'em for you, if you want ^^
im digging it. I'd hit that hard man. In fact I'd hit that so hard i'd probably puncture something, and you'd start bleeding internally and ****, and i'd still be **** you right up until your dead. Then I'd make a protein shake, drink that ****, have a smoke, come back and continue **** your corpse, and i'd keep **** it until your ghost had babies.

spokerider

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2008, 12:21:57 AM »
Wow man, from everything I've seen in M&B CoT rocks, keep up the good work :lol: :lol: :lol:
But may i make a suggestion ? Whatt about making a new topic giving 1-2 hints/puzzles about the secret tow and the sword ?
Also, what are Gilnaes guards supposed to say ? their conversations are untabbable (new word:P)!

Kardiophylax

• "Yes, I'm still retired. My apologies."
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2008, 03:38:42 AM »
Do you have any plans to implement unique mounts like the Tiger mounts used in Fantasy mod for instance?  I really enjoy the light speeder mount in the Star Wars mod, and think I'd like some creature mounts even more then that.

Also, are you still implementing new quest ideas?  If so, I'll see if I can contribute some... once I think of some decent ones anyway. 

Cookie Eating Huskarl

• Marquis
  • Intentionally creepy.
    • View Profile
  • WBVC
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2008, 03:48:43 AM »
they could be tiger mounts i guess (if the mount skeleton can support them) then unless we add new sounds... its gonna sound like a horse :shock:

Kardiophylax

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2008, 03:55:01 AM »
Hmm, I would think we could find a tiger running sound and roar somewhere on the internet.  The jump sound could probably stay the same.  It doesn't have to be tigers specifically (though they are a very nice looking animal to use), but I thought a unique mount, especially for the Feron who are getting a new face lift, would be a nice feature in the future.  Some type of boar or wolf is generally used in most games for orcish type mounts, but a unique choice would be cool as well.

I believe as long at the mount stays close to the same size of a horse it could work, based on what I've seen.  A Zebra seems like it would be an easy to add mount since it is close to a horse.  Perhaps adding a unique mount for the non-human factions could be a future goal of the mod.  In the Fantasy mod they had lizard, bear, and rhino mounts as well. 

Thanks for the quick response and comments!   

Cookie Eating Huskarl

• Marquis
  • Intentionally creepy.
    • View Profile
  • WBVC
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2008, 03:58:56 AM »
a boar or wolf would be perfect.... watching an orc ride a horse elegantly would be a priceless scene though.... i suggest all high level tier troops for ferons be black orcs... their warchief and chieftains too

MasacruTheArcher

• Squire
  • M&B Multiplayer
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
  • MP nick: MasacruAlex
  • M&BWBNW
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2008, 06:23:32 AM »
This is a "faction" or mini faction suggestion.Like some kind of creatures if not humans living in the RAINY AREA of the map.Like when you get in their territories and join a fight or go in one of their towns (IT RAINS and perhaps it will sometimes be foggy too)So they will be like "Storm Preyers" just an idea :P

Cookie Eating Huskarl

• Marquis
  • Intentionally creepy.
    • View Profile
  • WBVC
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2008, 02:15:04 PM »
i juz got the most simplistic idea... add a horn to the horse's head, make the horse white (or pink... well whatever makes u happy :wink:) and make the horn look a little like a drill... and behold... the little girl's fantasy... no... i'm not joking...but make it white pls... and all this time i was thinking about pegasus

Kardiophylax

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2008, 03:24:41 AM »
i juz got the most simplistic idea... add a horn to the horse's head, make the horse white (or pink... well whatever makes u happy :wink:) and make the horn look a little like a drill... and behold... the little girl's fantasy... no... i'm not joking...but make it white pls... and all this time i was thinking about pegasus

I've seen one before... here is an  old thread with a unicorn.

I'd probably pass on the Pegasus since it wouldn't be able to fly, but a Unicorn could be cool.  I think a Zebra would be a pretty interesting and easy to make retexture of the horse model I think.  It wouldn't necessarily be black and white either.  Custom mounts to differentiate the different kingdoms would be great, but unfortunately I just don't have the modeling/texturing talent to do it. 

I've seen some mounts created back in .808 days, shown here on the fantasy mod thread:  Fantasy mod :  They look pretty good given the quality of the other models at the time.  The native models have improved a ton since then though.  I really noticed this when I downloaded the old version and tried the models out.  The horses looked no where near as good as they do now.

I'm sure some different ones would also work as long as they were roughly around the size of the horse, for hit box and clipping purposes.  Ultimately though, several things would have to happen for these to be implemented.  First someone would have to be able to create good looking models, and second Elenmmare would have to decide if he wanted to use them or not.

Ideally, I could see alternative mounts as a very distinguishing feature of each faction.  I have some ideas for faction mounts, but they can't go anywhere except my own head without someone to model them.

Cookie Eating Huskarl

• Marquis
  • Intentionally creepy.
    • View Profile
  • WBVC
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2008, 10:15:24 AM »
try suggesting some... there might be a day when my modelling skills could do it... since now i have more time to myself

adila

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2008, 04:55:24 PM »
add fire and lightning swords :O

just like with effect if possible, doesnt have to do fire and lightning dmg...

oh and dont ask me how ^^

Kardiophylax

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2008, 04:21:42 AM »
try suggesting some... there might be a day when my modelling skills could do it... since now i have more time to myself

Well, keeping in mind I'd want them to be the same relative size as the native horse, my rough ideas would be something like:

Feron - Something savage.  A savage looking black panther, worg/wolf, boar, or bull.  Only their lords have mounts currently. 

Blighted Plague - Something evil or undead.  A dreadsteed (Black horse with red eyes or something evil looking), or skeletal horse (or something else unique that I can't think of right now).  Only their lords have mounts currently.

The Planelords - Tiger, Zebra, Unicorn, a male deer with antlers, really any creature found in the nearby woods that could be tamed.  Only their lords have mounts currently. 

Illoriaon / Asaleth - Horses.  Perhaps a Unicorn or Zebra style horse as an option (faction leader mounts?), but the native horses are also fine if the other factions got new mounts.

I would give the faction leaders a slightly modified version with better stats and probably some armor or a unique saddle.  New mounts wouldn't change the gameplay significantly, except perhaps to increase the strength of the faction leaders and lords if they have faster, stronger mounts then the player.  I would make the unique mounts available to the player/companions under two circumstances.  One, they earn their factions unique mount through extended service to their cause and completion of specific quests.  Two, by defeating the enemy and having a chance to loot if the lord/ruler is captured.