Screenshots

Users who are viewing this thread

from what i see... the feron armor (leather one with belts around it) in one of the pics got a rigging issue... and y is krug barebacked?? or is that a placeholder armor?

and in some pics... the feron's neck jumped out of position (another rigging problem?)

and the weapons would need a darker wood texture. right now it looks lacquered in game.

sry if i sound whinny but i'm juz pointing out some obvious things i see. otherwise... great models. full feron army here i come.

Cookie Eating Huskarl said:
from what i see... the feron armor (leather one with belts around it) in one of the pics got a rigging issue... and y is krug barebacked?? or is that a placeholder armor?

and in some pics... the feron's neck jumped out of position (another rigging problem?)

and the weapons would need a darker wood texture. right now it looks lacquered in game.

sry if i sound whinny but i'm juz pointing out some obvious things i see. otherwise... great models. full feron army here i come.

Krug is not barebacked.  If you recall the look of the back of the armor when Khandrak showed it, his skin is almost the same color as the black texture used on his armor.  That armor doesn't have sleeves and almost looks like it does due to his dark skin coloration.  You also have to realize in that picture he is in the shadow of a tree, which amplies the effect.  Personally I think he looks good in game and just needs his face brightened up a little in the eyes, paint.  Right now when looking at him head on it is very hard to see his face.  This is true of both the mid and high tier Feron though.  Khandrak was working on that aspect of them last I heard.

I'm not that concerned with the rigging.  It is not noticeable in battle.  To be honest, we need to move on or we'll never get all of this done. 

Yeah, the rigging isn't perfect, but I don't think I'm going to be able to get it incredibly better. That one thing that you were talking about was the result of the torso being twisted waaay to the side. If you look at the native models, you'll notice some abstractness when they twist and move to the extremes at times, so some of it is the result of problems with the animations.

The problem with that model is the belt type thing with the daggers. If I rig it into the turning it will cause problems with the daggers and make them deform and clip when he turns his torso. It's a difficult problem to solve, but like Kardio said, it's not something you're going to be staring at in game. The torso isn't twisted to that extent for any extended period of time.

Khandrak said:
Is it just me, or do I see a throwing axe flying at the back of Krug's head? lol

lol, I see what you mean. It's actually on the belt of one of the guys behind him.  Like I mentioned in another post, I've been using that same throwing axe model as the top tier 1 handed axe model until I get another one to replace it with.

Khandrak said:
Ah, I see now. It looked like one of the orcs was trying to assassinate Krug, lol.

Wouldn't he be a sorry fellow once Krug turned around.  :grin:  That Bone Cleaver can do some damage! 

Krug's problem is he is tends to get a little overconfident and try to take on the whole enemy army by himself.

Kardiophylax said:
Krug's problem is he is tends to get a little overconfident and try to take on the whole enemy army by himself.
That's because he's so badass. That's what I would do. Hell, that's what I do do in just about every game. I'm the guy that charges in first, gets annihilated, and doesn't give a **** afterwards.

im the guy that ussualy charges in first becouse i had to stand ground my army so scroll keepers dont massacre my low IQ troops >.< i ussualy win...

but i rarely charge in first if my enemy are planelords artilliery xD

Heres sea haven.. it was meant to look like the Grey havens, but i just can't get rid of the snow in the background without editing some files

Wow, that looks amazing - and it saves me from having to replace the scene file with a default. Do you want to test it in sieges or should I?

I know now how to change that snow surrounding Sea Haven to something else.  I can fix this once I have the scenes .obj file.  If it will be in this edition I will go ahead and change it now, just let me know.  I don't know if Elenmmare has received the file yet.

Kardiophylax said:
I know now how to change that snow surrounding Sea Haven to something else.  I can fix this once I have the scenes .obj file.  If it will be in this edition I will go ahead and change it now, just let me know.  I don't know if Elenmmare has received the file yet.

if you could do that it would save me a lot of frustration, i've sent him the file by the way

Why.so.seriousa? said:
Kardiophylax said:

if you could do that it would save me a lot of frustration, i've sent him the file by the way

Why.So.Serious?a, do you know which scenes you've actually changed? The problem is, we already have some scenes that look quite - can you tell me which you haven't touched so I can just drag in those? Have you only touched the major cities? If so, then its no problem.

alright, let me think

basically, all the scenes i've changed are

-Gerontaria
-Sea haven
-Asaleth city
-Crags rest
-i've "fixed" a little of Urlintar
-Illoarion
-Eaglewatch
-Gilaes
-Serathar

i think that pretty much sums it up

Damnit. I forgot to replace the Gilaes scene, I think. I added the rest. I'll see what I can do about that.

Back
Top Bottom