Age of Machinery 0.503 *stable* REDOWNLOAD please, file was messed up

Users who are viewing this thread

Highlander

Marquis
Beta Release 0.503:

0.503 savegames are compatible with 0.502 and 0.501 as long as you use the same MaB version for all of them!

Download link:
https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=7&id=933
Mirrors:
http://rapidshare.com/files/161007508/Age_of_Machinery.zip

Trailer by Moff Taka:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqQ8W1GWPoo

Changelog 0.503:
  • Fixes on the kingdom leader feature: Lords are now always available in the list; 3rd, 6th, etc. fief can now be given to lords.
  • Minor spelling corrections.
  • 5 instead of 4 siege engines useable on the field.
  • New castles that support artillery: Jelbegi Castle, Gunwalder Castle.
  • Support of debug mode: People can now edit castle scenes.

Features of the current release:

• Expanded kingdom leading feature
    If you create an own kingdom without a claimant...
    • Recruit lords (available in the camp menu)
    • Give your kingdom's terrirory to lords as fiefs(available in the camp menu)
    • Cooler Rebel faction names!
  • Artillery
    • field artillery
      Options for building are in the camp menu, you need engeneers for catapults.
      Engeneers are new upgrades of "swadian crossbowmen", "vaegir archers", "rhodok trained crossbowmen" and "watchmen".
      Use backspace in battle to access the artillery GUI.

• siege artillery
      WARNING: unfinished.
      Due lack of scene building, the only castle that features artillery is Ismirala Castle.

• Hunting
    Herds can be found in forests.
    • Deer Hunting
    • Boar Hunting
  • Morale Script
    <Made by Chel>
    Self explaining. Troops morale added to the battles. Troops might flee.

Mod source (module system):
The module system is included in the download. Before releasing any mod with it to public:
Send me a message asking for it.
telling me what mod you want to use it in.
Give me credit.

Old First Post:

Age of Machinery is a mod quite similar to native with a few tweaks which I missed there.
Aim is not to lose the native feeling.

Most of the features are already done (some stuff I made from time to time and now combined into one mod).

Features:
-Highlander's artillery
-Highlander's hunting
-Chell's battle morale

Artillery:
Probably most characteristic for this mod and therefore name giving.

Field Artillery:
This mod is contains a large variety here. Artillery can be build from different engineers of the factions. The numbers of siege engines in battle is limited to 4 per team.

The factions:

Swadians:
Swadian engineers are the best ones in Calradia. With their advanced technology, they are frightened by their enemies.
They are famous for their trebuchets.
Vaegirs:
Vaegir craftsmen are building mangonels.
Rhodoks:
Rhodoks are quite similar to Vaegirs. Averange engineers. Using mangonels mostly.
Nords and Khergits:
Weak artillery. Those factions use mercenary engineers in their armies who build onagers.

The artillery:

Trebuchets:
Very effective. Longest reach and largest destruction. Long reloading time and big map speed penalty.

Mangonels:
Long reach and good destruction. Averange reloading time and big map speed penality.

Onager:
Averange reach and destruction. Fast reloading and small map speed penality.

The projectiles:

Rocks:
The standard ammonition. Round rocks.
Advantage:
As the rock continues to bounce near the ground after hitting it, it can fly through multiple rows of enemies.
Disadvantage:
Quite small area damaged.

burning tar/pitch:
Barrels of thermal weapons.
Advantage:
Area damage. Big causalities, if a close formation is hit.
Disadvantage:
Quite inaccurate and likely to miss the target.

Swadian fire:
Balls of cloth in burning, liquid substance. Greek fire in reality.
Effect is similar to burning tar/pitch, but more destructive. A secret weapon of the Swadians only.

Control:
Artillery is controlled using a modified battle interface.

Siege Artillery:

Not yet done and not sure if they will be.
Problems:
All castle scenes would have to be modified.
Defenders have usually little space for those big engines.
A collision system would have to be created
Building destruction is hard to make. I don't really think a R:TW system would fit well (the wall receives 200 damage and then suddenly disappears).

If you have useable ideas, I might consider doing this.

Chel's Battle Morale:

I'm fascinated by this feature and it fits very well to the artillery.

Hunting:

Information can be found here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,39335.0.html

Misc.:

I'm planning to implement some stuff like lord recruitment when being a king as well, as this is the most needed feature in my opinion.

Nice! Finally I'll get to use those artillery machines I've seen in your pictures ingame :grin:
The hunting feature looks cool aswell, any information on the Battle Morale though?

If you have useable ideas, I might consider doing this.

Perhaps have a separate round for sieges? I.e. after some bombardment you get a menu and then go back into battle? It would allow you to switch a piece of wall and the defenders to take casualties. I've heard Mirathei's latest mod allows you to knock down the gate in battle, which isn't as nice as knocking a hole in the wall but would at least keep it within battle, although I don't think the gateways are wide enough to give any benefit over just attacking the walls.

Maybe someone can make a battering ram with roof on you know (protecting agiainst those annoying arrows) and then it's slowly moving towards the gate like the siege tower does against the wall? :razz: I dunno how ugly it would look breaking the gate though..

Could you add more ladders (or atleast the ability to build more) for sieges? I think more of them would be better and more realistic ;P

Savage said:
Maybe someone can make a battering ram with roof on you know (protecting agiainst those annoying arrows) and then it's slowly moving towards the gate like the siege tower does against the wall? :razz: I dunno how ugly it would look breaking the gate though..

Could you add more ladders (or atleast the ability to build more) for sieges? I think more of them would be better and more realistic ;P

Maybe it would work to spawn 5-6 men in the ram and make like an invisible wall around it, so that they are stuck in the ram, or maybe just make them following it, then when the gates are broken the invisible wall would disappear so that they can move again, something like that. Anything else might be too hard I think, like making them hold the ram and walking with it etc.

You know how like 5-6 soldies always follow the flanks of that self-moving siege tower? Same thing here.

Savage said:
You know how like 5-6 soldies always follow the flanks of that self-moving siege tower? Same thing here.

Yeah that's right, you'd have to get them a bit closer though, so they're actually inside the battering ram, sometimes the ones who follow the tower break positions and run to the wall instead.

Thats a lot of work you got to do!
Man I have waited for this...
Hopefully you'll get the problems fix'd and release this
Your not doing this all alone?  :eek:

EDIT: Castle destruction would be almost impossible to make, is that really necessary?

I´m not familiar with the engine and it´s collision boxes, but would it be doable to hide broken walls (with extra collision meshs) inside the wall. So you would first attack the first mesh, then it disappears and you see the next step, a mesh with a bit of destruction, and inside this mesh is the next mesh with more destruction and so on. This way the wall wouldn´t suddenly disappear.

Or another solution would be to have the wall consist of several parts, which are destructable.

Oh and I really can´t wait to test your first release. :smile:

Nice ideas, Zaro and Bommel. These would be worth trying.

For now I've put them in game without any castle destruction, like SellSword suggested, and that's probably the best thing. Sticking to siege towers and ledders for castle attacking and catapults only against the troops.

I don't remember having said anything about implementing battering rams. Most castles just don't fit for that, because the gate is too far away from the ledders.

SellSword said:
Your not doing this all alone?  :eek:
Wow, of course not! The battle morale is made by Chel.

Sorkenlol said:
Nice! Finally I'll get to use those artillery machines I've seen in your pictures ingame :grin:
The hunting feature looks cool aswell, any information on the Battle Morale though?
There is a thread about Chel's morale script somewhere in the Forge.

( edited ) ( I screwed up my post, idk what to say )

This looks awesome though!

Sticking to siege towers and ledders for castle attacking and catapults only against the troops.

Sounds fine, I don't mind ladders apart from there only being one. I'm not a fan of the siege towers though (they're meant to provide protection, but instead leave you more vulnerable).

I can just imagine your machines in this scene:

mb750.jpg

How's the trajectory for non-explosive ammo? I'd imagine the defenders are pretty hard to hit on the walls.

Zaro said:
Sticking to siege towers and ledders for castle attacking and catapults only against the troops.

Sounds fine, I don't mind ladders apart from there only being one. I'm not a fan of the siege towers though (they're meant to provide protection, but instead leave you more vulnerable).
Yeah, I have to do something about this ladder-siege tower issue. Siege towers have to be made more effective than ladders. Not sure what do do though. Anyone with a good idea is welcome to post it. I'm not planning to add more ladders though. It would be a lot of scene building work which I'm not really interested it.  :razz:
Zaro said:
I can just imagine your machines in this scene:

<pic>b
What's this from? MaB Realism? Really impressive look.
Zaro said:
How's the trajectory for non-explosive ammo? I'd imagine the defenders are pretty hard to hit on the walls.
I have no idea how accurate those siege engines have been in real life, but indeed I can't make them too accurate.
When hitting a wall I'll give them a certain area damage: When it hits the wall, I trigger a particle sytem with some rocks flying around and if it hits at the top of the wall with the merlons near it, near agents will receive damage which would be caused by those stones maybe in real life.

Highlander said:
Anyone with a good idea is welcome to post it.
Make them more like they really were. Make it so that troops can either A; ride in them up to the walls and be safe from arrows, thereby allowing a large force to attach at once without being weakened by arrows as usual, or if that didn't work for some reason, B; make the towers in such a way that while attacking across the bridge, troops are shielded from arrows from the sides. Maybe with a kind of light rawhide/wood wall on the sides of the bridge.

Both would require a remodeling of the siege tower, but that isn't to big, I don't think.

Llew2 said:
Highlander said:
Anyone with a good idea is welcome to post it.
Make them more like they really were. Make it so that troops can either A; ride in them up to the walls and be safe from arrows, thereby allowing a large force to attach at once without being weakened by arrows as usual, or if that didn't work for some reason, B; make the towers in such a way that while attacking across the bridge, troops are shielded from arrows from the sides. Maybe with a kind of light rawhide/wood wall on the sides of the bridge.

Both would require a remodeling of the siege tower, but that isn't to big, I don't think.

Good ideas both I think. Since it would be difficult to path AI into the tower (i think, maybe not) I think the latter idea may be best with the guard rails, since there seems to be an issue with AI clogging (however upon retrospect, it would be really unfortunate if the AI got stuck too.)

Back
Top Bottom