(BI) Barbarian Invasion (Version .15) 3 NEW QUESTS Warband (1.34)

Should the Arena quest include:

• A fight with Titus Pullo to win the Rudius?

Votes: 69 18.8%
  • A slave execution

Votes: 71 19.3%
  • Animals

Votes: 78 21.3%
  • Player vs multiple Gladiators?

Votes: 73 19.9%
  • Fight against captured enemies of Rome? (ie: toss some barbs in the area to see how they fair)

Votes: 76 20.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

SPQR

Master Knight
Barbarian Invasion:  (Version .15)

Team:
Ealabor- Chief Advisor
SPQR- Team Leader

This mod is not tied to a specific historical timeframe, but instead gives you a glimpse back into ancient times when the Power of Rome was beginning to struggle with new enemies  threatening her borders and the very existence of Rome herself. You as the player are thrown into a critical moment with all  factions: Dacians, Britons and the Parthians at war with Rome.  Rome is alone and fighting off attackers from every direction, her very survival is at stake.  Peace is not an option nor will it ever be offered.  The player has 3 options: attempt to save Rome, create your own faction, or join one of the Barbarian factions and add to the slaughter. The fight is on and Rome must not falter, but now soft whispers are heard throughout the lands that in a years time a new threat will emerge and the Marcomanii Confederation will begin a massive invasion over the weakened Empire of Rome. They will show no mercy. Prepare yourself.

Version .1 Download link:

http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2647&posted=true#c_15020

Video made by xGHOST4000x: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GugACzr5eLY

Factions:

Rome:

Banners:
LEGXIII.jpg
SPQRii.jpg
Untitled.jpg
romeredbanner.jpg
romepurplebanner.jpg
romanbanner4finished.jpg

Roman Troop Tree:
romantrooptreepicture.jpg

Dacia: 
dacianbanner.jpg
dacianbannerfinished.jpg

Dacian Tribesman:
DacianTribesman.jpg

Dacian Footman:
DacianFootman1.jpg

Dacian Trained Footman:
DacianVeteran2.jpg
DacianVeteran1.jpg

Dacian Falxman:
HAT8069Box.jpg

DacianFalxman2.jpg

DacianFalxman1.jpg

Dacian Warrior: Working
DacianWarriors.jpg

Dacian Mounted Warrior: Working

Dacian Huntsman: Working

Dacian Archer: Working

Dacian Veteran Archer: Working

Briton:

briton2copy.jpg
briton3copy.jpg
briton1copy.jpg

Briton Tribesman:
BritonTribesman1.jpg

Briton Spearman:
BritonSpearman1.jpg

Parthia:
parthia2.jpg
ParthianBanner2.jpg
parthianbanner3finished.jpg

German:

Barbarian Invasion version .1 features include:
- "Invasion" feature (Courtesy of Vondismont) (currently not implemented)

Progress Report: Currently not implemented
- Stonehenge:
sthenge2.jpg
- Briton locations (villages and hillforts) refined
- 5 New Briton Skins (will be posted soon)
- New troop tree for Romans
- 2 x Level one factions quests added
- Gladiator Arena Fight quest level one added
- Germania village/town/hillfort locations (next focus)

Note: Recommend playing on difficulty 135 or higher
This is still a work in progress and many items and such have not been incorporated. 

Credits:

PuuKKo - Original source (since refined)
Llew2 - Models (Roman/Gaul)
Lord Kosmos - Mod selection art. Additional textures to caped cuirass, Squamata, Scutum, and Clipeus shields
Stelious - 95% of helmet models, and textures for them. Retexture to muscle cuirass models. Kataphract elephant helmet model
Merlkir - Iberian shield models and textures. Pectoral texture. Roman shield models and textures. Retexture to Thureos
Tiberius - Faction banners
Merritt- Faction banners
Cool Guy - Syrian Scale texture. Woad and dye body and face textures
Alxcruel - New Scythian and Sarmatian armour and helmet models. New armoured horse models.
vonmistont- Invasion and tax scripts
Highlander- Kingdom scripts
Talon- Fantastic armor/weapon models
Johnny Shumate - Art
Mirathei - Formations script
LCJr - Faction renouncement script
Kolba- stonehenge and assist with quests
MageLord- Tax Collection by visit of single village
Fisheye- Autoloot (Original Source)
Rubik- Improved Autoloot
Caba'Drin: Skirmish code

i thoroughly enjoyed Hegemony 268 b.c. mod and i'm sure i'll enjoy this one too. but i think i'll wait till you port it to 1.0.
in the meantime, could you please reveal a bit more information on factions and units. screenshots would be appreciated also.

Looks good!!!

Although I must ask! Are the romans going to be walking around with the lorica segmentata or the later era gear, like the long round shields instead of the scutum!

Version one is here YEAH!!!!

les get some screenies ay? but neways i have seen previous hegemony mods, nd they pretty kik ass, nd accurate as all hell. tryin this diesel soundin mod, good luck wit ne future mods

Shifty said:
Looks good!!!

Although I must ask! Are the romans going to be walking around with the lorica segmentata or the later era gear, like the long round shields instead of the scutum!

Version one is here YEAH!!!!

They are supposed to walk around with chainmail or scalemail,but most likely they didn't change the units much.I hope they make a detailed late rome mod for 1.0 because that would be very interesting to see Roman Clibanarii and the Lanciarii in action.

LOL.. True.True..  It is still a work in progress and has lots of things that need to be changed and updated.  It was just a chance for everyone to kick around until 1.0 was available.  I guess I should have been more in tune with current events, since it was release just a couple hours after BI. Now that 1.0 is out, I hope we can start porting soon. :wink:

SPQR said:
Barbarian Invasion:

This mod is not tied to a specific historical timeframe, but instead gives you a glimpse back into ancient times when the Power of Rome was beginning to fade with countless Barbarian tribes threatening her borders and the very existence of Rome herself. You as the player are thrown into a critical moment with all Barbarian factions: Visigoths, Gauls, Britons and the Huns at war with Rome.  Rome is alone and fighting off attackers from every direction, her very survival is at stake.  Peace is not an option nor will it ever be offered.  The player has the choice in “attempting” to save Rome or the player may join one of the Barbarian factions and add to the slaughter.
Current Changes:
- Town, Village and Fort locations (Hegemony land map is the same)
- Initial phase of items from Hegemony introduced
- All Barbarian Factions against Rome
- No Peace options available
- Leaders unable to escape Prison Towers (Must be liberated or purchased)
- Barbarian War parties (150-400 strong) will spawn once a month

Note: Recommend playing on difficulty 135 or higher
This is still a work in progress and many items and such have not been incorporated.  This is just to allow players to have a little fun until 1.0 comes out on the forum. :wink:   

Things to Do:  A lot

Link:    https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=10&id=880

Known Problems:  Movement in and around the Islands of Briton.  (Being worked)

Well,I could help with research at least,I do not know any modeling or skinning or any of that stuff.I could help by bring some pictures of late roman stuff and aiding you on the creation of units.

Can I have a gladius? or maybe some javelins capable of killing a human being?

Sorry, that sounded harsh. I got accustomed to playing with some javelins, an aspis, an overhand bronze doru, and a tempered xiphos, Achilles style. I had always thought it would be a cool idea to have the ancient stuff from Hegemony mixed in with the old classic M and B gear. Could you put in the rest of the hegemony equipment, if only for player use? No armies have to use it, I would just like to be able to be decked out like a good greek.

Once agian, the concept is brilliant. It does need some touching up, but you don't need me to tell you that.

Xenophon said:

Sorry, that sounded harsh. I got accustomed to playing with some javelins, an aspis, an overhand bronze doru, and a tempered xiphos, Achilles style. I had always thought it would be a cool idea to have the ancient stuff from Hegemony mixed in with the old classic M and B gear. Could you put in the rest of the hegemony equipment, if only for player use? No armies have to use it, I would just like to be able to be decked out like a good greek.

Once agian, the concept is brilliant. It does need some touching up, but you don't need me to tell you that.

Other then looking out of place with equipment that is 500 or more years older then its used date,I don't see why the creator of this mod should throw away these items.No I'am not being sarcastic,the user should be able to use what he wants to.

Xenophon said:

I had always thought it would be a cool idea to have the ancient stuff from Hegemony mixed in with the old classic M and B gear.

Yeah thats called Timeless Kingdoms  :wink:

warrior1.jpg

When/if I get a chance, i'd like to help BI along with making some new equipment for it. Some while ago Lord Kosmos made some items for a later Roman army, which could be added to the mod so that should help it along.

BI will have a nice identity of it's own in time.

Emperor_Danny said:
There is no Byzantine faction {eastern roman} , also most of the cities remain with the same name!

Can you stop being obsessed with Byzantine for three seconds?
Just wondering.

lol at Danny.

I am looking forward to timeless kingdoms, where Greeks can fight opponents of all ages as only Greeks can.

But Javelins in Barbarian invasion ( at least for now) are as useless as the ones in vanilla. The Greek/heavy javelins or pila would add some punch to the average infantrymen. I know the Romans weren't the classic legions they once were by this point, but they were still some javelin-chucking fiends.

Gangsta4Life said:
Emperor_Danny said:
There is no Byzantine faction {eastern roman} , also most of the cities remain with the same name!

Can you stop being obsessed with Byzantine for three seconds?
Just wondering.

I am not obsesed. I like many other medieval factions from europe, like the Holy Roman Empire, England and Denmark... But do you think that not including the eastern empire is historically acurate?

Emperor_Danny said:
I am not obsesed. I like many other medieval factions from europe, like the Holy Roman Empire, England and Denmark... But do you think that not including the eastern empire is historically acurate?

*This mod is not tied to a specific historical timeframe*

first read, then think and after you thought about what you want to post, just don't.

Lord Kosmos: Thanks for helping me to clarify the established time setting for some folks. :wink: 

NewRomans: Not yet my friend.  We are all waiting for the new module system to be published.  Once that happens..it shouldn't be too long.

SPQR said:
Lord Kosmos: Thanks for helping me to clarify the established time setting for some folks. :wink: 

NewRomans: Not yet my friend.  We are all waiting for the new module system to be published.  Once that happens..it shouldn't be too long.

Ok so that is an inacurate mod... Too pity  :lol: that sounded promising, now it died for me!  :neutral:

Back
Top Bottom