The Chronicles of Talera- Ported! ([Old Thread]

Which one of these Features would you like most? (Underlying themes, merely pointers, doesn't mean t

• A Changing Land; Snows settle in and the icy chill (Ice Age) engulfs the world

Votes: 29 19.2%
  • Don't Tread On Me- The downtrodden peoples of Talera rise.

Votes: 11 7.3%
  • Liberty & Consequence; The fight for Independence in a New Land.

Votes: 19 12.6%
  • Grueling Trench Warfare as the war grinds on.

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • The Conquest of Demons; Shadows claim the land, the common man rises to fight them.

Votes: 48 31.8%
  • Utter Chaos; The lands of Talera are torn apart by strife and new orders rise.

Votes: 14 9.3%
  • None of the Above. Specify please.

Votes: 4 2.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a  good sword. One must perservere. Ah. Wait. I think I get it. A mistake. The game is actually tipped around, so it's supposed to be south of Sentinel... Ah...

I think you should have two seperate stories if you can.

For example, you can play the character that releases hell on earth, and conquers the world, or a person who tries to stop him.

I don't know if its been mentioned, but the two unique faces don't retain the style if you age them, the skull face turns into a green man and the bluish face turns into a normal mans face. 

Rey~

Tamuli said:
In the place with the sword, I walked right into Constable H and Zendar Co.

Ah, well done. I knew some wascly wabbit would find a way.

BloodskullMannoroth said:
I like this mod a lot, but it could really use some more unit types imo. Seems like each faction has 3 units. And what's with the green face men?

I don't really understand. Every faction has a line of infantry and archers, except for the kingdom of Asaleth which has a seperate faction of Hill-folk.

Not to mention there are mercenaries lying around- in other words, exactly the same as Native. I personally don't like to have too many different troops, as I believe what makes a troop is not his weapon or name but how you use him. I like to keep units general such as a "Illoriaon Levy" because I use mine for many different task- defend, skirmish, even scout (leading a party out to scout..)

The GreenFace men you could say are orcs. They're implemented and made available to the player because a) I'm a lazy dinoboar, b) People might want to be a Vegeboar.

Realistically, most of the Feron troops have suitably orc-ish faces that I made, just as you have the option to make a suitably orc-ish character.

Reymar said:
I don't know if its been mentioned, but the two unique faces don't retain the style if you age them, the skull face turns into a green man and the bluish face turns into a normal mans face. 

Rey~

Yep, those are mainly because I needed them for giving races faces (wah, I could make some rap wid dat rythm11!11!). Again, seeing as the player nor troops age, I basically wanted to pack in as much options as possible. Sorry for those who wanted to play a middle aged 3rd option  human- you're stuck wid teh rotting Feron!

QuailLover said:
I think you should have two seperate stories if you can.

For example, you can play the character that releases hell on earth, and conquers the world, or a person who tries to stop him.

But of course... I'm planning (well, ok, dreaming of) on making the story have a trigger, where, once getting the sword, a massive horde of hell-monstas start rampaging. Use the sword to gain control, or use it to rid the world of them...

Lol Ownt. Photobucket decided to screw with me. Anyone know a better image-hosting site?

Can you try uploading to another site? The repository ****s upon itself every time I try to download your mod from it, but works fine with other mods. Filefront maybe, since they're free aswell.

Well if that is how you feel about it, but could you then add new bandits? I like those Orgrin guys or however they're spelled, but it would be great to have more fantasy related monsters to fight, is it possible to borrow from that old fantasy mod? Maybe replace the green face men with the orc faces they made?

Also, you might be able to borrow the Moral system from Chel, he would probly agree, that is of course if you would like to.

But yeah, it is a good mod and I hope to see it for Mount&blade 1.0!

BloodskullMannoroth said:
Well if that is how you feel about it, but could you then add new bandits? I like those Orgrin guys or however they're spelled, but it would be great to have more fantasy related monsters to fight, is it possible to borrow from that old fantasy mod? Maybe replace the green face men with the orc faces they made?

Also, you might be able to borrow the Moral system from Chel, he would probly agree, that is of course if you would like to.

But yeah, it is a good mod and I hope to see it for Mount&blade 1.0!

Yeh, it probably would. Unfortunately, I don't like borrowing from other mods unless offered, as I believe redundancy doesn't help the forum but having everyone make original content does.

I've already said, the problem with the green face men is that you view them as green face men. I could make an elvish looking orc using Highelf's excellent mod, it'll still look like a swamp-elf. Thanks for the suggestions though, I am looking to change the faces once i learn.. well.. how.

This is a really fun mod, though I've run into a few errors:
  • If I talk to anyone in Gilnaes I am unable to exit the conversation (requiring me to close the game completely).
  • The mage in the ruined mage town sells food and goods instead of saying anything about the ruins (which are really awesome looking, by the way.
  • I was expecting to meet up with an epic boss fight in the ruins of Serathos, but all I encountered was an invisible Xerina. She threatened me, but nothing came of it.
  • The Plague crossbowmen rarely have crossbows. Sometimes they have rocks, other times they just have swords. Coupled with the fact that they are at war with themselves, they have little impact on the game world. Also, I've seen them fight themselves. No, I mean they literally fight themselves. The Dread Sovereign was fighting himself and eventually defeated himself (how does that work?). I fear the error I might get if one of them were to take himself prisoner...
  • I get a lot of error messages, typically referring to invalid troop IDs. (If you'd like, I can try to snag a screen shot the next time I play.)

Those errors aside, I'm having a blast with this. Great job. ^_^

Shatari said:
This is a really fun mod, though I've run into a few errors:
  • If I talk to anyone in Gilnaes I am unable to exit the conversation (requiring me to close the game completely).
  • The mage in the ruined mage town sells food and goods instead of saying anything about the ruins (which are really awesome looking, by the way.
  • I was expecting to meet up with an epic boss fight in the ruins of Serathos, but all I encountered was an invisible Xerina. She threatened me, but nothing came of it.
  • The Plague crossbowmen rarely have crossbows. Sometimes they have rocks, other times they just have swords. Coupled with the fact that they are at war with themselves, they have little impact on the game world. Also, I've seen them fight themselves. No, I mean they literally fight themselves. The Dread Sovereign was fighting himself and eventually defeated himself (how does that work?). I fear the error I might get if one of them were to take himself prisoner...
  • I get a lot of error messages, typically referring to invalid troop IDs. (If you'd like, I can try to snag a screen shot the next time I play.)

Those errors aside, I'm having a blast with this. Great job. ^_^

Ah, I've heard about the Gilnaes problem before. Working on it.

You have a good idea about the boss fight, I will add a boss into the Serathor town center.

I'll fix the Plague crossbowman.

About the Mage in the ruins, I'm still working on his merchandise. I'm thinking about giving him a secret, sixth scroll which warns you to NEVER go to the ruins. It will also give some bonuses.

I'm working on the plague, I think I know the problem.

Thanks for the feedback, glad you like it!

Wow, just downloaded this and played a bit.
I suppose you wanted something more original than Gothic this time  :smile:
It looks really good. I like your style of scene making: Simple but effective.
I like how you open up the space - by removing town walls e.g -
although I expect a problem explaining sieges, when there are no town walls  :smile:

Scenes like this are nice to run into (made a spoiler if someone wants to be surprised):

(Why do I look so small?  :neutral: )

I hope you'll keep developing this. Excellent work!

Wow, are those my scenes?

Mount&Blade sure does a good job on graphics if you're using dx9 and actually playing  :smile:

Thanks for the screens heh.

About the town scenes for sieges, I actually wanted to create an originality amongst fortresses. Sure, Eaglewatch may be out of the way, but its better than the completely undefended Palace Ruins. What I'm really trying to say is that certain cities should have completely different strengths, all because of their scenes.

That's what I love about M&B- so many balance-related issues can be changed without even coding.

Elenmmare said:
... certain cities should have completely different strengths, all because of their scenes.
That's an excellent idea. I still miss the open fortresses from Battle for Sicily, even though the AI had trouble navigating.
It would be fun a with a little change to sieges, instead of all the 'wall climbing'.

Tearing down walls has its 'backsides' though  :grin:

(I think it's the same town as the one with giant swords in front of it)

I'm off - gotta find those scrolls  :razz:

About Released-mods Sub-forum

I'm a bit confused. I've released 3 mods, but I only really think of this as one worth mentioning. If anyone noticed, I like to sneak attack people with my releases, and I
don't even announce the mod before its done. Because of this, my threads have less posts than your average fail-bound-mod does, because we all know that people would rather
interrogate than give feedback  :smile:

I remember hearing a rule about over 15 pages or something, but its kinda feels like people who get the work done and then release are usually at a disadvantage over other mods.

"1. Requirements for a Sub forum

* A playable version of the Mod must be available for download
    * Sufficient activity in the initial mod thread must exist for the mod to be considered. Generally speaking, around 15 pages or so would be the minimum
    * The content of the mod should be such that it justifies having it's own board
    * The mod must be compatible with the latest stable version of Mount & Blade
    * For legal reasons, mods utilising third party IP (for example, those based on a licenced world) cannot be considered for a subforum"

I understand that making a sub-forum for a post every once in a while isn't a good idea. Regardless, who do I ask if I want to apply for this to simply be moved to the Released mods forum to get a thread there?

Thanks.

P.S. I read the rules but they only applied to sub-forums...

Elenmmare said:
I remember hearing a rule about over 15 pages or something,
Well then, let's get started  :smile:

Just kidding. I will report some bugs/'issues':

Although a desert there should apparently have been some scene objects  :smile:

An island I can't reach. Is there a point - or is it just for show?
I tried teleporting myself to it, but I can't even enter the village.

Fellow lords fighting eachother. I think it's a fine feature but don't know if it's intended.

And there are a few 'holes' in the map (you can see the sky in a little crack):
One, if you go far to the West of Dread Lair - and another one right next to Ferontar.
And a third on the hillside North of Glistening Monastery (in the woods).

Thanks for the bug-finding Adorno, I don't think the desert-error has anything to do with my mod- probably an issue with the game, as Native currently has no desert scenes so its probably still under work.

About the island, I'll fix it the next time I'm on Windows.

About the lord's fighting each other, I think I know the problem. Again, I haven't made any progress because I'm in the habit of going onto mac more than usual...

Mac, oh dear...

Anyway, about these scrolls (I'll make a spoiler here):
The scrolls say that Serathar is north of Sentinel. But according to the compass it's to the south. Just small thing, I know.
And I can only find 5 scrolls, but I guess there are no more.

Another thing. Serathar is made of the old zendar and Xerina is standing right on the other side of the wall
in the room with the chest. You see her name and can talk to her.

I can also jump up and out of the confined space and talk to the trainer and arena master. Pretty weird  :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom