Mount and blade 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope mount and blade 2 will make use of light cavalry / infantry. I know most you just want 'badass knights' .. but
light infantry played a major role in any army due to mobility.

Pls give light infantry the usefulness that it should have, harassing the heavy knights (which are too swift in WB).
Oh and while you're at it, make throwingspears and pillas disable shields.

Swyter said:
After seeing news, videos and info leaks all over the place...

I'm with the guy that some pages ago said that they should tell something to the community.
At least disclose some generalities about what we can expect.

Sincerely, I'm a bit worried that they just keep updating and updating the engine, rehashing mechanics and polishing minimally from game to game.
The effort is important, even if I understand that is just easier to avoid risks and add just enough features to sell it standalone.

Let's see, I hope to be wrong. I wasn't with my prediction about WFaS. Plus the lack of modding nailed it.

I don't think its wrong to keep polishing and updating same engine , they can't make a new engine for every game. see HL2 engine is used by (all?) valve games and its working wonders and from 15 years they're just polishing and improving on it!

ThunderonCZ said:
OK. At least M&B would have very small community, because in singleplayer games most(not all) players get bored after short time(even M&B SP have long gameplay).

Ive got 671 hours of gameplay in steam games (from 2010 on to this day) and from that tops 1 hour is on MP, rest is on SP. And that’s just my steam games. From non-steam games ive recently played some heavy hours on Batman AA and AC and they don’t even have MP. Sometimes I just cant but wonder how ignorant some people can be towards SP..

Swyter said:
I'm with the guy that some pages ago said that they should tell something to the community.

Oh that will be me. To me it just looks so incredibly stupid that there is an interview on the internet about them working on M&B2, but they just keep their mouths totally shut to the community, even tough they first agreed to share some images about M&B2 to somebody else during an interview. Its like first they gave these images of M&B2 being developed during an interview to somebody, and then afterwards they started to regret ever giving any info to anyone and just decided to forget that there ever was any interview with images about M&B2 in the first place. I mean that is like saying: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yR7LZxp-IU

Einarinari said:
there is an interview on the internet about them working on M&B2, but they just keep their mouths totally shut to the community, even tough they first agreed to share some images about M&B2 to somebody else during an interview. Its like first they gave these images of M&B2 being developed during an interview to somebody, and then afterwards they started to regret ever giving any info to anyone and just decided to forget that there ever was any interview with images about M&B2 in the first place.
This again? Ok I'll try to put some emphasis maybe you guys get it this time:
Esthet said:
That horse is out of the barn several year now - that's what I meant by "we don't need it". Anyone interested enough to browse this forum a little doesn't need a Captain Obvious type announcement "we are working on M&B2"... AFAIK the only media coverage is by a local non game related source about M&B and Armağan - not a word about sequel or number 2. To anyone that didn't play M&B - that's just it. You are getting all worked up because some fan got this insider joke/fan treat/leaked on purpose material and posted it in youtube as M&B 2 alpha :smile:. I'm sure there will be an announcement as soon as they prepare something to show.

See/read subs for yourselves: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyrapuOLwjU&context=C3b9f802ADOEgsToPDskKvWHCosDsA40d3P1AfafJL

Swyter said:
After seeing news, videos and info leaks all over the place...
This thread seams very appropriate to share all that... links please?

HardCode said:
M&B was more fun before the focus on multiplayer.
As in, more unbalanced-god-mode-like (AI doesn't whine if the weapons/armors/skills you use are OP  :lol: ) gameplay with dumb bots (not a critique BTW, bots will never be as smart/interesting opponents as humans in the foreseeable future). I'll take more fun/original fights with human players any day over that :razz:

Not you again.. Well you know what, I don’t care (well I bet nobody does) what do you think about this thing. The point is that they have said in a video clip that they are working on M&B2 and we also have video footage of a game that CANNOT be anything else than M&B2 (unless you are an idiot of course). No official announcement in web page or anything, just those two video clips. And that’s a s****y way of treating the community, just give us something tangible or shut up, don’t half-do stuff.

Einarinari said:
they have said in a video clip that they are working on M&B2
You mean you actually needed confirmation that they will not stop developing Armağan's dream project since school, their most successful and actually the only game series they have?  :lol:

Einarinari said:
and we also have video footage of a game that CANNOT be anything else than M&B2
Can you point me to the precise mins:seconds where anybody mentions M&B2 in that video? You know that video contains footage of M&B2 in development cos you have played M&B and want moar!naow! as do we all :smile: Be grateful for the fan-treat, smile, wink back or whatever.

Einarinari said:
No official announcement in web page or anything, just those two video clips
IMHO I suppose they didn't prepared anything official to show us just yet. Do I like that uncertainty? Nope. Do I have a real reason to get the self-righteous over-entitled whinny attitude on as if they actually promised something on multiple occasions but than silently/openly backed down? Nope.

Taleworlds delivered the best mod-friendly medieval combat game to date and added an amazing 200+ (let me know if you find any other action-packed game besides ArmA series that can achieve these awesome numbers) multiplayer to it waaay ahead of schedule (they said they will try to include the multiplayer in M&B2 not in an expansion a couple of years later) to have fun for many more years to come... could you have the decency to cut them some slack?

Esthet said:
You mean you actually needed confirmation that they will not stop developing Armağan's dream project since school, their most successful and actually the only game series they have?

Nope, I just stated that this is a bad way of treating their fans.

Esthet said:
Can you point me to the precise mins:seconds where anybody mentions M&B2 in that video?

Lets turn it another way around: What game do you think that it might be in that video?

Esthet said:
Do I like that uncertainty? Nope.

And thats what I also said, I dont like it. I dont like the way they are handling this. It has been you who has made a topic out of this thing by trying to justify their methods. But you should propably realize pretty soon that nobody seem to agree with you, well maybe the marketing guys at Talworlds (or whoever is pulling the strings) might share your view about that we should be perfectly happy with this kind of half-done announcements.

Einarinari said:
Lets turn it another way around: What game do you think that it might be in that video?
:lol: As I've said 3 times already: I (and anyone who has played M&B) think the game footage in that video is M&B2 in some development stage. But you are still missing the point and asking the wrong question. The right question is: what this video contains? (as in what it is about, what the interviewer and the interviewee talked about). And the answer to that question it's not - the official anouncement and game footage of M&B2.

Einarinari said:
I dont like the way they are handling this ... that we should be perfectly happy with this kind of half-done announcements.
Developers talking (as they have been doing for years now and recently on an interview on the other video) about working on a sequel and an official announcement with media coverage/concept arts/in-game screenshots/videos and approximate release dates are not the same thing.

Wait for the official announcement. Do I like waiting? Nope. Would I like one right now with all the above and a "pre-order now get into beta immediately"? Shut-up-and-take-my-money-will-finish-reading-the-announcement-while-it's-downloading! :grin: But do I really have to whine about "bad way of treating fans", because I bought their previous game so now they owe me? Nope - but apparently you do.

You are just trying to make it look like that im just being impatient here, and I can see why you are doing that. Since impatience is not exactly a virtue, its vice versa, so simply you are just trying to make me look bad here (wich isnt very nice thing to do but it also most certainly isnt the only time you have tried to do it). But that’s not the case here, im not impatient. But listen, I have already told you what I don’t like about this thing, if you still don’t get it (or for some reason refuse to understand it) then there is little point for me to continue this “conversation”.

for XBOX and PS3 (if the rumors are true that they are releasing it for those systems), maybe they could purchase the top 10 most favourite mods for the price of an indie game for xbox, or a cheap game for ps3? (mods are 80 micro. points, or $2 for ps3, or 160 micro. points, and 4 $ ps3)

Einarinari said:
You are just trying to make it look like that im just being impatient
I don't have to - you are doing it pretty well yourself :smile:

Lord Cheesecake said:
for XBOX and PS3 (if the rumors are true that they are releasing it for those systems)
M&B system requirements are really low, and they could actually waste precious resourses on making sure M&B2 runs on the crappy vendor-locked PCs of M$ & $ony... but I bet they'll focus on things fans asked for - like graphics, campaign, gameplay & modding improvements.

Bold Count Graveth said:
War of the Roses was a big disappointment, so I'm hoping MB2 will be a true next gen warband
It's easy to get disappointed if you start with false expectations. WotR was never meant to be "a true next gen warband".

Esthet said:
I bet they'll focus on things fans asked for - like graphics, campaign, gameplay & modding improvements.
Lol, warband fans were really asking for graphics and campaign foremost? I personally need just better combat system, rest is peripheral.

Tork789 said:
Lol, warband fans were really asking for graphics and campaign foremost?
Yeap, just browse the forum and other gaming sites a little.

Tork789 said:
I personally need just better combat system, rest is peripheral.
Isn't the combat system a core component of the gameplay? :wink:

IMHO the 3 most needed things in M&B are CLANG's weapon control system, Chivalry:MW's teamwork focused objective-driven maps and even more people on an ongoing multiplayer campaign or at least an ArmA2 Warfare style mode :grin:

All they've given us is the title and a vague paragraph that sounds quite similar to the first game...I must say I'm dying of thirst for knowledge...

eyeeatpoopie said:
Would be awsome if Mount and blade 2 had a MP feature. Taleworlds Could ask for "help" from others such as... EA Atari and others. Just to make it alot cooler

And Lord Sami? I fear it might always be considered a wish =(

But if everyone nags ´bout it they gotta give in and make a M&B 2 right?

if ea becomes involved in this game i will trash all current copys and not even bother with any future relaeases 
I HATE EA WITH A PASSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom