excuse me.. 9.60?

Users who are viewing this thread

Bunduqdari

Sergeant Knight
you know what I'm asking  :lol:

will it be ported?

I don't mind waiting for the 1.0 if it will be too much of a trouble ..

Well, the .960 codetree is out, so that can start.  It's going to be a more difficult port, because some of the structure of things has changed - but it's possible now. 

I've been playing .96 vanilla so that I can familiarize myself with the gameplay and look for issues.

The devs have added a mercenary mode, which seems to work reasonably well.  I think it's missing a few critical things such as credit for bounty and the pay is miserable.  Noone would ever pay a merc less than it costs to hold their own troops.

There's still issues with troop replenishment, and maximum unit size.  In the straight game now around level 20 you hit this fairly miserable cap where you are grinding giant battles to level anymore, and the NPCs all have 100 guys and your max cap is ~60.    That makes for a very slow and cumbersome mid-game.  Also, the default code still requires the player to travel to his villages to collect taxes which breaks down completely in the end-game.

Anyhow, either ashes or myself will update you all shortly on what is going to commence.

(i know that it has been one month for the last post but anyway)

cool!! please make the version for 960 fast, i really want to start playing this mod!!

Heh I think it's really cool how the entire forum seems to hold its breath waiting for the 23rd to arrive... I for one am really anxious to see the release after having followed and played almost every version to date. Breeds a bond of sorts eh, despite the fact that the changed won't be anything revolutionary for most of us :wink:

Probably when the man has some spare time on his hands heh... I understand what you mean though, I keep checking the boards every day for this mod to be ported, but honestly... when I try to imagine what it would be like if I had made this mod and had to update it according to the wishes of the entire M&B loving community aside from my job, social life, day to day stuff AND filling the gaps in said timetable with some actual gaming, I don't think I would have made it past the first release tbh ^^
I look up to people who donate their spare time for the betterment of the modding community, bloody modern-day samaritans... so I guess the answer to the question would have to be "whenever the modder feels like it". In the meantime, I just keep the spirit alive by being my own rebel faction in native (and generally getting my ass handed to me, but it's the thought that counts).

Well it looks like when the release the mod tools for 1.003 we'll have a stable platform to play with.  That way me and nox won't have to keep trying to hit a moving target, which is really annoying.  I was also having trouble with the engine not providing a couple of things it should, and part of me was waiting for it to fix itself.  With a finalized release I know it is or won't get implemented, and therefore can't procrastinate.

Also, they havn't realeased the modder tools for 1.003 yet, so we can't really touch it.

Hey Ashes, have you been told when the 1.0 module system will be released?
My guess is around 1 month - 3 months from now.

Hi Have read some/most of your latest posts but most interested in the porting and your question about finance, historically has been covered pretty much correctly, but a few things missed  the "gifting" of land always had strings/obligations. at every level the receiver owed something back .. yes from the rose to product the best systems had the "taxes" based on the lands production. and the best lands had their lords investing in them to raise their production rather than forcing the serfs or freemen to "just work harder". increasing the facilities (granery, barns, tools, draft animals etc) in the best cases serfs were given their "own" garden plots" to use for their own benefit with usually 10% returned to the lord (whatever his rank) the smart lord allowed/encouraged his standing army "to lend a hand" when they weren't training/patrolling etc  and the farmers/crafters tipped them with the days meals for their work (direct benefit on several levels for the lord and formed bonds between the common folk and warriors as well as opening paths for warriors upon retirement if they got that old or injured.
    The summoning of men/vassels was universal  leave a small holding force (usually the retired injured and millitia. and go to your overlord's call.
    Knight's were given a "boon and spurs" upon being raised to Knighthood ANYONE could become a Knight through the process: squire to Knight But rarely did Knight's become an Aristocrat, 98%you had to be born into it  and yes it was expected (a mistake often) that all male aristocrats become Knights, most lacked the understanding that person risk of life and limb was the job's standard. and most looked down on the very men that kept them alive and in their seats of power, sometimes at their folly
    I happen to be an actual Knight  yes as in RL Christened and tilts and joust, everything , and no I don't Jest .. even before being Knighted I had this "hobby" of learning the historical and acurrate facts not just the trappings and legends.
    Anyway the Boon was the Knight's choice, it could be anything reasonable except land. marriage a horse etc  but usually the Knight already HAd his horse of choice and having spent several years training did not often ask for that (although they did ask for brood mares for his to get a "quick" start at wealth ( a Knight that could Train a dependable and talented war horse was a rare thing and was in great demand, m"My kingdom for a Horse" was not just a slogan/catch phrase.
    what I would like to see added would be ways and means to improve product/wealth from fiefs and castles and towns  invest some cash into building a industry (sorta like craft mod where you can build/develope mines, smelters/blacksmiths to make/repair or upgrade gear (such as loot froma battle field  better armor would be turned over to a blacksmith to repair and re-size it for a fee etc. more farm additions like grain fields would cost an investment of plow or horse upgrade regular to draft for production increase as well as barn and granery building and monthly/yearly upkeep
    also a way to control or set up caravans with guards  in one game I had a pop up screen asking something about some caravans but it didn't seem to matter where I clicked (no way to select an option or town or product.  and also be great to be able to start NEW villages when the starter village reached a maximum state, enabling another fief to be created/grown/protected  a money/investment sink for a while but then would show returns if you could protect it well etc.
    castles were the heart of local industry back then goods of all kinds made in a secure area and the towns in here and historically were trading centers as well as the more luxury items to be made linen in this case BUT cotton could be added in wet river basin areas too.  cattle/pig in low-lands and goats/sheep in hill/mountain regions just some ideas :wink:
    I know I read you saying you aren't a content guy, and that's fine,  maybe you could get a buddy to help?  I am downloading a mod tutorial this weekend so I can have a look to see if i could learn it well enough, until then I will have to stick to being a suggestion guy altho trying no to be a pain in the neck as I do it :wink:  thanks for reading this if you made it this far :wink:

Not a content guy means I don't make weapons or items or graphics.  It's features vs content, we make features.  Everything you described is features, and on the whole the ideas about improvements to structures(villages castles) is a long-term goal of ours.  The history lesson also was appreciated.  Good luck learning to mod.

Back
Top Bottom