In Zendar, among friends...

Users who are viewing this thread

Flaming Eyes

Sergeant
Once upon a time, in a forgotten land, in forgotten time, a place called Zendar once existed. Now is a mith, a leyend, a tale for kids who never met it. But still exist, for those who look for it, in their hearts...

The weather was rainy, and Zendar's Inn was filled with people... The hall was crowded with all Calradian fighters... suddenly, the door was opened, and a man dressed in black robe, with long brown hair, some shadow beard and deep flaming eyes entered, and went to the bar, and sited down on a bank and asked for a cup of water. Xerina, who was near saw him with scorn, but the man saw her into her eyes, and the flame of his eyes became cold blue, and Xerina was filled with sake and admiration for that strange man.

A somewhat fat man approached friendly to the man, and said: "These are dangerous days, sir. I would help any adventurer... for some coins...". The black robed man asked for another cup of water, and gave it to him, and said: "Come, sit down, I invite you some water".

-My name is Marnid, if you want to know, and I was...- said the invited man.

-Call me Flaming Eyes -said the black robed man, interrupting Marnid-. A lot men have come to this lands to fight, kill, bleed and die. Many of them can only think in battles, money, power and glory. They can only mount and blade.

Marnid was silent...

-The bow and arrow are in their minds. But lad, this land is more than battles, sieges, factions... no, for me, Calradia is a taleworld, a world of freedom, where a man can be whatever he wishes, as long as he fight for it. And is not necessary to kill to make your way through it.

-What do you mean?

Flaming Eyes drank the last sip of his cup, and said:

-For me, Calradia is a place full opportunities, a land in which I can rest from my travels through other worlds, a place I can exercise myself -he smiled-, have my own castles, rise nations, or just sit here, and enjoy the moment.

Flaming Eyes saw Marnid to his face, and a golden light glow through his eyes, and said: "What is Calradia for you?". Marnid did not answer. Flaming Eyes rose up, and saw everybody, and said a loud:

-Friends of mine, what means Mount and Blade for you?

Edit: Editions of spelling, grammar, etc.

Back
Top Bottom