Recovery of my village from looting

Users who are viewing this thread

conquerant

Recruit
How long does it take for a village to recover from being looted?  I don't mean going from deserted where you can't eneter the village, but once it's no longer looted, for awhile it's super poor and has a burned-out village icon on the map.  When I joined the Nords, the village I received was in this state, and it still is.  I even did a quest to bring them grain, but after at least a month, maybe two, its prosperity has never improved and it still has the burned-out icon.  I  assumed that it should recover to at least a normal prosperity level on it's own, and go back to a normal icon, am I wrong?

The burned out look seems to stick around a long time.  And increasing prosperity takes a while.  Make sure the villagers that go to and from the nearest town aren't attacked, as they slowly increase the prosperity as well.

kaeldragor said:
The burned out look seems to stick around a long time.  And increasing prosperity takes a while.  Make sure the villagers that go to and from the nearest town aren't attacked, as they slowly increase the prosperity as well.

Ok, my thinking was--and this was purely conjecture--that the burned out look meant it was in a special recently-looted state, and that the prosperity wouldn't really improve until it became normal again.

um yea your own village get richer so slooowww.... (90-100 day when I get mine and it's still avengard.. >.> and I build building wich give 5% faster..)

Cattle are a big factor in making it more prosperous, and if all else fails you can pump money into the village by buying and selling something expensive again and again. I think each 3000 dinars boosts prosperity by 1 on a 1-100 scale.

Packrat said:
Cattle are a big factor in making it more prosperous, and if all else fails you can pump money into the village by buying and selling something expensive again and again. I think each 3000 dinars boosts prosperity by 1 on a 1-100 scale.

Seconded on the cattle. They arent cheap, but make sure not to turn down any quests for cattle. It increases the loyalty (always a bonus) and it will eventually make the money back from the amount of taxes on prosperity.

Cattle can be cheap if you steal them from other (enemy) villages. It's just a pain in the ass to guide them through hostile trerrain.

but you can give cattle only if you got quest from village :sad: nothing liike "here take this cvattle as a gift" or something...

Thanks all for the advice, although my question wasn't really about prosperity in general.  It was to do with the fact that my village still had the burned out icon from being looted, and when it wouldn't have the icon any more and if I would recover from a status of "just been looted."  I was thinking that as long as I had the burned out icon I wouldn't imprve in prosperity.

That's odd.  In my game villages usually recover fairly quickly - maybe a week or so, tops.  What version are you using?

About the cattle quests: I always turned them down cause it was such a pain to track down a village with a supply of cattle, not to mention herding them back to village you took the quest from.  Didn't seem like something worth doing in the middle of a campaign.  I guess I'll have to find time to do them from now on.

Iodine said:
That's odd.  In my game villages usually recover fairly quickly - maybe a week or so, tops.  What version are you using?

latest one--6.0.  It's been at least three months now, still burned out icon, still poor.  I wonder if it's a bug, that when you get it as a fief in that condition in doesn't change

I believe there is a bug where if you interrupt a raid at the point where the village icon is looking all burnt, it never returns to normal as it would if the village had been entirely looted.

Packrat said:
I believe there is a bug where if you interrupt a raid at the point where the village icon is looking all burnt, it never returns to normal as it would if the village had been entirely looted.
Sounds like the villagers are caught in an indeterminate quantum state.  I had no idea the game physics were so advanced!

...or, you could report it in the bug forum.  Never happened to me.

Packrat said:
I guess this was never fixed? I seem to be having this problem. Map is covered with burned out villages. :/

Back
Top Bottom