Band of Warriors (Expanded) v1.3 Released

Users who are viewing this thread

"....much has changed, friends... the chaos that is Calradia grows worse with each passing day. Starvation is upon those who can no longer fend for themselves. Greedy lords plunder the hearts and homes of innocents to fund their ever growing warmachines.
Families are torn apart, sons and fathers forced to take up arms and march against the enemy. No one is left untuched by the madness of the war.
It seems the only life in Calradia is now that of preying upon others. The only fact of which I am certain, is this war will only get worse, though in my heart, I cannot fathom how...

You all know that Zendar has since its destruction been rebuilt. Their hearts now bitter, zendarians look to their leaders to mobilize and gather a new army for the defence of Zendar and its people. Thus there will be yet another actor in this godforsaken war.

Reports from all over the land tells of ever increasing banditry. These lawless cutthroats and villains now pose a serious threat that can no longer be ignored.
To make matters worse, the invaders from the far east seem to have gained an iron grip on the snowy plains to the east. They terrorize the land and are said to be a match for any army.

My friends,
we have all lost good comrades to the war, but in coming together, we have gained new ones. You come here from all parts of Calradia, some even beyond the borders. Yet we are gathered here in friendship and with common goals.
I humbly thank you all, you honour me with your bravery.

Now, let us eat and drink in friendship! Let this be a merry evening! For we kow not what awaits us tomorrow... us...we...we, band of warriors..."

Band of Warriors (Expanded)

1. Uses Band of Warriors v903a100 as a base
2. Starting Class Expansion (96 starting classes to choose from)
3. Arena Expansion
4. Yet new firearms
5. Upgraded bandit parties (River Pirates, Sea Raiders, Steppe Bandits, Forest Bandits, Mountain Bandits and a reclused tribe of Natives)
6. New faction - Mercenary Company, Zendar Troops, Mountain Tribe
7. The rise of Zendar has begun
8. New sounds
9. New horses for all factions, all horse stats revised
10. New mounted faction troops
11. New banking system
12. New wounding system
13. Spears and polearms revised as per 0.960
14. Mercenaries upgraded and revised as per 0.960
15. Tons of new items, merchandise, armours, weapons
16. Lots of new visitable scenes
17. New shops and merchants selling specialized gear
18. New NPC heroes, heroes revised
19. Deserters from every faction roam the land
20. New configuration of troops in parties
21. Hire yourself out as a mercenary
22. Hunting implemented

The Team:
NCrawler - Lead developer, scripting, forum moderator
Gilrain - Co-developer, beta test coordinator, forum moderator
Branko - Developer, scene editor, graphics
Zathan - Developer, troops, texturing
Corvus - Beta tester
Lancer63 - Beta tester
Lucern - Beta tester
Rlg85 - Beta tester

Credits:
fisheye, HardCode, etc for the Band of Warriors mod
BoW Credits: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,25786.0.html
Winter for his modified operations
Chel for some horses and his Wound Script
Dablade for some sound fx
Janus for the original arena mod
Kon_Air for the original starting class expansion
Talak for (i think they are his) horses
stoned_dude for some weapon meshes/textures
Yoshiboy for some pirate equipment meshes/textures and ketch & frigate models
Dain Ironfoot for the pirate equipment
rejenorst for the vocals soundpack
James for some meshes/textures from his weapons pack v2
Mirathei for some meshes/textures from his Pirates of Calradia mod
Matheus for some armor textures
Gluck for his excellent maces!
The Tripartition Mod for many, many meshes/textures (the Eastern Invaders thank you!)
Oddball_E8 for firearms tweaks
luigi for some shields from Dukes and Mercenaries mod
Raz for some meshes from the Holy War mod
Seff for his Town Siege fix
fujiwara for some meshes from the Onin No Ran mod
Zaitenko for his Reinforcement Script
Mirathei for his original Formations Script

Download:
Repository: https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=7&id=614  (Note: Uninstall previous version before installing this one)
Mirror (Rapidshare):

this is so sweet, ive been waiting for this for a long time. Good job to all of you that worked hard on the mod!

Amazing... simply amazing. Zendar is a thing of beauty!

Just a question: the first time I left the city though, I got the message "The Zendar Alliance has been defeated!" is that supposed to happen?

Ah... thanks.

LOVE the new companion recruitment dialogs!

Edit: Hmmm... anybody find the Zendar Slaver yet? I'm assuming he'll sell me my slaver pass, but I can't seem to find the bugger.

Further edit: Ah. He's on the other side o' tha mountains he is. Got him.

Schmea said:
Ah... thanks.

LOVE the new companion recruitment dialogs!

Edit: Hmmm... anybody find the Zendar Slaver yet? I'm assuming he'll sell me my slaver pass, but I can't seem to find the bugger.

Further edit: Ah. He's on the other side o' tha mountains he is. Got him.

Don't forget to pay a visit to Corvus at the new Merc. stronghold. I think you'll like what you see, and get, there.  :wink:

Cheers!

Okay, something weird is happening...I've got a few changes, but not much is added. I've got big translucent white question marks floating around in Zendar, I got a massive amount of errors regarding sea raider axes and spears...are there supposed to be new towns and such? Do I have something weird going on?

Winslow said:
Okay, something weird is happening...I've got a few changes, but not much is added. I've got big translucent white question marks floating around in Zendar, I got a massive amount of errors regarding sea raider axes and spears...are there supposed to be new towns and such? Do I have something weird going on?

Uninstall, manually delete the "Mount&Blade\Modules\Band of Warriors (Expanded)" directory and then reinstall.

NC

Okay, I tried all that, but I may have messed up on deleting the directory. I'm using Vista, might that make a difference?

Could be, I don't have it so I really can't say, but a search on the forum for Vista could help.
I'd say uninstall the whole 0.903 version from the control panel, reinstall M&B, and reinstall the mod, that way you start with a clean slate at least.

Zathan

Looks awesome! But I have hit a major problem  :???:

Make a female character. Go somewhere that you can swing your weapon (a town or something). Swing your weapon a few times until you hear some of the attack sounds that characters make when they attack sometimes. It is horrible. She says "ARRRgghghEEEIEIEEhhghGGAAAUIOGhaiiiiaaaaaaaghhhgh!!" or something similarly exaggerated and long every other time she swings a weapon.

This is really bad. It sounds awful..

I looked through the sound files but didn't see any female sound files. Is the female character using the mountain bandit sounds? How can I change this back to the regular female sounds? Please help, I can't bear to play the game like this  :cry:

linehand said:
Looks awesome! But I have hit a major problem  :???:

Make a female character. Go somewhere that you can swing your weapon (a town or something). Swing your weapon a few times until you hear some of the attack sounds that characters make when they attack sometimes. It is horrible. She says "ARRRgghghEEEIEIEEhhghGGAAAUIOGhaiiiiaaaaaaaghhhgh!!" or something similarly exaggerated and long every other time she swings a weapon.

This is really bad. It sounds awful..

I looked through the sound files but didn't see any female sound files. Is the female character using the mountain bandit sounds? How can I change this back to the regular female sounds? Please help, I can't bear to play the game like this  :cry:

Lol, me too. WE DEMAND REAL WOMEN! Not men in dresses.

Oh, and do the injuries stack? I've got 3 major wounds, head, leg and arms and a minor wound to torso, do I wait for 21 days to regain ALL my stats?

Branko said:
Only the last received wound will heal completely,prior wounds will stay permanent.

Ouch, harsh, even River Pirates can put you permanently out of business with a lucky headshot.

And I have bad luck...

Edit: Wounds can be turned off right?

G36E said:

No, but high strength and charisma significantly lower the chance of being wounded.
Also if you dislike the feature just use char export/import, or just disable it in the source.

Branko said:
G36E said:

No, but high strength and charisma significantly lower the chance of being wounded.
Also if you dislike the feature just use char export/import, or just disable it in the source.

Yes I dislike the feature, I think I'll disable it. Thanks for the info.

Edit: And exactly WHAT are the copper, iron, coal etc. mines for? Is it a soon to be implemented craftmod feature?

G36E said:
Wounds can be turned off right?

To clarify,
you choose to either play with wounds or not when starting up a new game. It can't however, be toggled on/off after you have started your new character.

Zathan

Back
Top Bottom