The Library - Feedback / Requests

Users who are viewing this thread

Archonsod

An old salt from the mainland
Marquis
This is for those of you who actually use The Library prior to posting questions etc.

The purpose of this thread is

a) To provide feedback on the existing articles. If you think an article could do with rewording to make it simpler, or if you spot a mistake you think should be corrected or similar post it here

b) Requests - if there's something you'd like to see explained or a thread you found helpful that you think should go in the library you can do so here. With requests, bear in mind the more specific you are in what you'd like covered the more chance there is of something appearing in there that covers it. When recommending a thread, make sure to give the reasons you think it should go in there (i.e. what you found particularly helpful or what you thought it explained). Sometimes it's not feasible to copy an entire thread in wholesale, and pointing out the most useful aspects means they're more likely to get in the library in one form or another.

No spam please.

Llew's screenshot guide should be updated to include the new feature:

Ctrl + ins(ert)

The screenshot will then be saved in a mount&blade screenshot folder under 'documents'.
Otherwise a good guide.

The 'M&B default controls' guide does not include:

Ctrl + F12 (pausing the game)
or
Ctrl + F9 (slowmotion)

And there's of course the edit mode (Ctrl + E) and the subsequent controls, but perhaps that's a for a guide specifically for Edit Mode 

Otherwise great guides. Especially the 'Dodging Technique by TheHybrid' has saved me many times  :razz:

IIRC Slowmo is technically a cheat, and edit mode only works if you enable it in the game options. The default controls are intended more for people trying to play an honest game :wink:

Fair enough, I see your point.
And you already have it in your cheats guide. Sorry  :oops:

Although:
"Control + F5 in battle: switch player to AI control (AI takes over)"
isn't really a cheat. Unless the AI is smarter than you (in which case: kill yourself)  :smile:

langezek said:
umm so were do i buy the mod :?:
All modifications are free of charge. All you have to do is download them.
Try visiting the www.mbrepository.com and search mods (alphabetically).
If you're looking for guns I can recommend 'The Peasants Are Revolting v0.2':
https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=9&id=788
or the 'Calradia Musketeers':
https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=9&id=795

And one last thing. This thread is for posting ideas to the FAQ's.
You should just have made a new thread in the Apprentice Guild and not this subsection.

soz 4 the wrong place but how do i use the the code :?:

thanks!!

I noticed in your adventurers guide that you mention strength as increasing a persons base attack damage in melee. And Agility you describe as increasing a persons mobility. Neither of these descriptions are mentioned in the in-game descriptions of these attributes so I'm curious where you learned this. And if it is infact this way, by how much does strength increase damage and by how much does agility increase ones mobility?

Experimentation. Edit a character to have ridiculously high strength and you'll be tearing apart Swadian knights with your fists. Similarly, up Agility to silly levels and you can outrun steppe horses.

For a normal character the difference isn't that huge, you'll notice a difference between a stat of say 10 and 20, but it's not a huge one (pre-buff you were looking at an extra point or two of damage using fists). Skill investment tends to give a bigger pay off.

Archonsod said:
IIRC Slowmo is technically a cheat, and edit mode only works if you enable it in the game options. The default controls are intended more for people trying to play an honest game :wink:

whats the fun of playing a honest game ? it's all about kicking Nord ass  :evil:

I really dont know where to put this but i gotta say guys im in love with this game! The thing i want most from you guys now is some kind of online play, even if i have to pay some kind of fee to keep a server up and running i would and i think others feel the same way. Think you could maybe talk it over and SEE? It wouldnt even have to change or nothing just online play where i can see other people/lords playing on the same battlefield, i would really like to c this happen plz plz plz plz PLZ talk it over!!!!

Sorry if i may be in the wrong section, but i was wondering in what programming language is the game made?

hello.
what are system requrements for the game?

on wikipedia it is written
Minimum: Pentium 766 MHz or Compatible Processor; Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/Vista; Direct3D 3D accelerator

i have
celeron at 2533mhz, 1 gb of ram and nvidia geforce fx 5200 (256mb)

but the game is so slow that is UNPLAYABLE!

change your config from directix 9 to directix 7 and that will do the trick. You may also want to play with shader and detail level.

Back
Top Bottom