SP Native The Peasants Are Revolting v0.2 Released for 0.960

Users who are viewing this thread

Wraithcat

Sergeant
Now available at: https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=9&id=788

DESCRIPTION:
The peasants are in revolt! Hundreds of them are rampaging over the countryside! Not only that, but the rebellious Rhodoks have are fighting with a new weapon, the "Pistol", 
which has a devastating effect against all enemies. By what magics these weapons arose, nobody knows, but certain adventurers have also recently obtained them, although they 
have yet to learn how to use the new weapons properly. Also, Rhodok infantry have taken on new heart and while still dressed in rags have begun to fight with the strength of 
demons!!

INSTALLATION: Just unzip the folder "TPAR v0.2" into your Mount&Blade/Modules directory and access the module through the dropdown box on the first gamescreen.

FEATURES:

* Peasant Uprisings range between 75 to 300 members.
* Several new types of pistol are available for purchase from the Merchants (no new meshes yet), including a "Sandgun" which, while inaccurate and slow, does considerable
Blunt damage.
* A bag of Cartridges now hold 20 rounds. (They are after all made from large bits of lead (50cal+) and primitive black powder, which weighs a bit!)
* Two new Companions (Haggitha and Percy Rose) that everyone else just loves to hate! New dialog for all companions to reflect the new companions feelings. All original 
sixteen companions now get along fine.
*  Rhodok faction revamped with spear wielding troops having increased skills and abilites, iorn skin, power strike, and athletics .
* Rhodok crossbowmen are now called "handgunners" and equipped with pistols and have higher skill levels & abilities as well.
* Rhodok armour stays the same, reflecting their peasant origins.
* Companions all start with a pistol and ammo, but no skill in firearms. They'll start of bad, but can easily overwhelm enemies by themselves later on.
* Pistol accuracy has been increased except for the "Sand Gun", which requires great skill to use effectively.
* Companions all start at level 1, although with same stats and skills as previously.
* Party size and prisoner capacity have been greatly increased (Note: more troops and companions equals less loot, as others take their share).
* XP awarded is now increased slightly and time speed on the overland map in has been increased.

*** Note: Guns will only reload on the World Map. They will NOT replenish between bouts of the same battle. Accordingly it is advised that players carry reloads of ammo in their 
inventory and obtain large bags of ammo (which are fairly cheap). I believe that this is fair, as the gun using player has greater flexibility than a crossbow using player (ie 
can reload on a horse and carry a shield) and doesn't need to put any points into Power Draw, or strength to use the weapons. Accordingly, the potential need for putting points 
into increasing the inventory is a fair trade off.

HINTS:

Because the looter parties are now huge "Peasant Rebellions", it can be quite hard to start, especially if you don't have a horse and are on foot, as you'll just get mobbed.
Try this: 1. Take the merchant opening options, as this will give you stuff to sell and a horse and a staff that can be used as a lance.
2. Use the stuff you sell to buy a flintlock pistol and some ammo, or to hire some companions and then take their gun & ammo and armour.
3. Attack peasant groups, or non missile using infantry parties, such as Rhodok Spearmen in order to build up experience and wear them down and eventually get loot to sell. Despite their size peasant rebellions can't really hurt you much if you stay mobile.

SPECIAL THANKS to Winter for writing the guns reloading script and to all the people on the forums who kindly helped when I got confused with the modding process.

Enjoy!! :smile:

Note: This is a total reworking of the original mod.

EDIT

Sounds really nice, especially because of the guns.
I gotta try this, I'll report later how I liked it.

This mod is amazing, I raised an army of all gunhandlers or whatever they are called and took on an army of like 150 peasants. They were ALL slaughtered before even one of them got within 30 feet of my soldiers.  :smile:

I'd get this mod if it wasn't for the pistol. I just don't think something like that belongs in Native unless it was in a more modern setting.

Phatorax said:
Hmm.. Its a good mod, and if you don't like guns, then don't fight agains rhodocks..

The peasants often have guns too, not that they ever hit anything......

The 2 "new" companions don't get along with the other 16, is this intended?

After playing with the guns for a while, I now play without them.  They do give the Rhodoks a bit more bite, especially when defending castles/towns.  Personally I like the boost to map speed (makes foot troops a bit more viable for "hunting"), and the improved prisoner capacity.  I'll use the improved party size when I start taking castles/towns as it'll make stocking them much faster.

Rey~

Wraithcat said:
Several new types of pistol are available for purchase from the Merchants (no new meshes yet)

Why don't you use the Firearms mod meshes? It's got quite a few, ranging from wheel-lock (labeled ottoman), revolver, pepperbox and lorenzoni.

Engima said:
I dont have a modules folder...
Why not? i tried putting this in native, no luck.
help.
Really? You don't know that your "native" folder is IN your modules folder?
Your modules folder is Mount&blade\Modules
On topic, seems like a long download... hope it comes with the source, i'll need that script to replenish my gun ammo!

But kayne, i've put T.P.A.R. in that modules folder, (before you told me that that WAS the modules folder, and it dident work.

thank you for this mod! To slaughter looters is so much more fun, and despite protest from others, i gladly download any gun mods i can find.

Engima said:
But kayne, i've put T.P.A.R. in that modules folder, (before you told me that that WAS the modules folder, and it dident work.
really?
Just to make sure, you've clicked on the 'current module' thing and it doens't appear on the list?
On topic, i think maybe new gun models will be good. Even if they're the over-used models in modplosion and stuff, new gun models (maybe more guns toO!  :twisted: ) would be nice.
BTW, how'd you get winters script working? it always give me errors about 'Usage of unassigned variable: max_ammo_level'.  :???:

Kayne said:
Engima said:
really?
Just to make sure, you've clicked on the 'current module' thing and it doens't appear on the list?
On topic, i think maybe new gun models will be good. Even if they're the over-used models in modplosion and stuff, new gun models (maybe more guns toO!  :twisted: ) would be nice.
BTW, how'd you get winters script working? it always give me errors about 'Usage of unassigned variable: max_ammo_level'.  :???:
Current module? All i have is Mydocuments/Mount and blade savegames, i open that, then it shows native. thats it. I put craftmod by native and it worked fine, but when i tried TPAR, it dident work.i extracted it too, and there wasent anything that when i double clicked it started to ''run''. Help, i would like to play this mod.  :sad:

Back
Top Bottom