Fiction Persia of Calradia

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello good people of Internet!

As title states, I was wondering if there is a faction that represents Sassanid Iranian times. From major or minor ones. And if there is not, what is your thoughts about it. Should there be one?

I personally think that since they were a major competitor against ERE(Southern Empire) it would be nice to have them. We would have a culture that is still eastern but far from that whole desert theme of arabs/aserai/sarranids.

Thanks for reading and have a great day!

There are certainly some Persian influences noticeable on Aserai ( at least judging by the concept art ), there seems to be a forerunner to the persian Khulan Khud helmet. Anyways, in this time period of Bannerlord (historical 8-11th centuries), in my opinion Sassanid Empire just doesen`t have enough visual difference from the Umayyad or Rashidun Caliphates, which are partialy represented.

All things concidered, there is no logic LORE-wise, the factions of Calradia all have the story, genesis and descendant factions, and if you were to pick earlier of later Persian states, that DO have visual difference from Arab ones, they just don`t have their place in the story of this game.

Piconi said:
There are certainly some Persian influences noticeable on Aserai ( at least judging by the concept art ), there seems to be a forerunner to the persian Khulan Khud helmet. Anyways, in this time period of Bannerlord (historical 8-11th centuries), in my opinion Sassanid Empire just doesen`t have enough visual difference from the Umayyad or Rashidun Caliphates, which are partialy represented.

All things concidered, there is no logic LORE-wise, the factions of Calradia all have the story, genesis and descendant factions, and if you were to pick earlier of later Persian states, that DO have visual difference from Arab ones, they just don`t have their place in the story of this game.

Thanks a lot for the answer. I mean if Aserai represent 8-11th centuries then of course Persia was gone and was part of the caliphate. But there is this on taleworlds blog.

Aserai are based on the real life Arab tribes that existed before the Islamic conquests in the seventh century

Would this not mean they are based on desert tribes of before Islam rather than their empire period? So without Persia.

karasis65 said:
[...]

Aserai are based on the real life Arab tribes that existed before the Islamic conquests in the seventh century

Would this not mean they are based on desert tribes of before Islam rather than their empire period? So without Persia.

By that quote they mainly meant to describe the Aserai's political situation, mostly tribal rather than unified in a sultanate or similar. It doesn't mean that all other circumstances are as they were historically, nor that the aesthetic of the Aserai is an exact copy of Arabs of that time. So Persian influences and styles could still occur with the Aserai.

(Dev blog for reference: Aserai)

As far as troops go, the Aserai definiitely come closest to the mix  light infantry and powerful cavalry. Culturally, there doesn't seem to be a Persian faction in the game, which is a shame because Persian culture is fascinating.

But then again, the Empire factions combined make up around half the map, so having a large, Sassanid-like nemesis for them would require a pretty massive map extension. Perhaps the DLC or modders can take that up. The Khuzait blog did reference a possible rising threat from the east and causing the Khuzait to migrate. Imagine if that threat wasn't a Hun/Mongol copy, but a Persia-like empire on the rise, ready to take the Calradic empire's place in  sun.

As far as troops go, the Aserai definiitely come closest to the mix light infantry and powerful cavalry. Culturally, there doesn't seem to be a Persian faction in the game, which is a shame because Persian culture is fascinating.

But then again, the Empire factions combined make up around half the map, so having a large, Sassanid-like nemesis for them would require a pretty massive map extension. Perhaps the DLC or modders can take that up. The Khuzait blog did reference a possible rising threat from the east and causing the Khuzait to migrate. Imagine if that threat wasn't a Hun/Mongol copy, but a Persia-like empire on the rise, ready to take the Calradic empire's place in sun.

I am sure modders will do this kind of a work on Bannerlord but it would be also nice to have in base game. I found it quite fitting.for time period.

But no elephants, no persian. With huge upkeep and maybe with more population space they could include them.

Elephants would be amazing!

Back
Top Bottom