Khuzait Lords

Users who are viewing this thread

This might just be me, but I was a little unimpressed with some of the lords seen in Gamescom footage compared to what was shown in devblog releases. The look a lot less intimidating. And frankly some of them don't even look like Khuzait. One of them is blonde! I get that its a fantasy world and everything and that this is obviously not the biggest deal but it is a bit immersion breaking for me if the lords are randomly generated rather than having some character design based on lore.

I mean just compare the two. This is and old image I found in forums.

https://imgur.com/gallery/4PoXWzM

And this is the footage at gamescom. There is a clear difference imo

https://imgur.com/gallery/heeixXa

Thats natural, some people naturalize their names to fit with the culture, think parents when they move to america even if they come from some place like russia or arabia or china they name their kids John or Matt instead of their language names so they don't get bullied in school and they fit in with other kids.

It probably has to do with marriage, clans, etc as Tellcools mentions. The latest demo characters were apparently mid-late game meaning there has been time for people to switch sides or have kids with foreign people. And the blonde people in that picture were women (I think) meaning they could be foreigners who married Khuzait lords.

It does look odd though. Maybe something can be done to have the starting lords be more likely to marry women of their own faction.

I think if they put on the helmets of their faction it'd go a long way towards making it look more "correct."
I'm not sure if it's showing the civilian attire of some (eg Tulag), but the military of others (eg Bagai) depending on their location, but if it is, maybe make it so it just shows military here, given it's a military context?
Edit: Also why does the GUI look so much more ...washed out in the newer image? Colors are all overly-white. Even the details on the window (the cracks, lines...) are more smudgey. Hope that is just some capture-method problem.

Yana simply looks like Sturgian who defected to the Khuzait with huge rounded shield her back and wtih that blonde hair. Chaghan also looks like a Knight who seeking for his princess. I wanna see same unity as in MB and MBWarband, at leats for native lords.

Make Khuzait great again.

maybe the blonde is a lord from the border sturgian province?i like some mix of cultures.
Yana's father, a sturgian, and mom is a Kuzaits

CKyHC said:
maybe the blonde is a lord from the border sturgian province?i like some mix of cultures.
So thinking to Warband period dynasty we had It seems like a mass ethnic cleansing will made by Khergits  :cool:

CKyHC said:

Well this is interesting. Her father does look like a Sturgian extract, which would explain her hair color, and it is cool that they thought of this level of detail. Perhaps the earlier image was merely a design still rather than actual game play.

1. Racist much?!
2. Who says Khuzaits weren't naturally blonde? Maybe they mixed with black-haired people afterwards?
3. If Turkic people are the inspiration here, blonde hair' are right at home as black hair' are.

pfff please dude im turkish trust me im not being racist towards khuzaits.

the only reason turks have blonde hair is because theye been intermixing with ethnic groups in europe and anatolia for like a thousand years. the khuzait migration happened like two generations ago. there's not enough time for that kind of transition. look at central asian people's today. I can gaurantee they'res not alot of blondes over there.

obvsly this is fantasy so they can theoretically be a blonde ppl. though i dont personally think that's the case in the lore. if you find eveidence otherwise go ahead and show it.

Inappropriate behavior
pfff please dude im turkish trust me im not being racist towards khuzaits.

the only reason turks have blonde hair is because theye been intermixing with ethnic groups in europe and anatolia for like a thousand years. the khuzait migration happened like two generations ago. there's not enough time for that kind of transition. look at central asian people's today. I can gaurantee they'res not alot of blondes over there.

obvsly this is fantasy so they can theoretically be a blonde ppl. though i dont personally think that's the case in the lore. if you find eveidence otherwise go ahead and show it.

Don't even bother answering the guy above you, he's a completely *********. As if it's possible to be racist against imaginary people in a video game...

As for your first complain, I totally agree with you, Kuzhaits should look like Khuzaits, it's totally immersion-breaking to see Khuzaits with caucasian models. Especially lords.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably the answer for these mixes is that the khuzaits nomadic peoples and nomadic peoples mixing with peoples live near to their influence by assimilating them. Yana is sounds slavic and his brother Bagui also looks like slavic but he got more khuzait'esque name to fit into the culture more. Also the rest is okay because in the real world there are many variations and cultures.

Don't even bother answering the guy above you, he's a completely retarded SJW. As if it's possible to be racist against imaginary people in a video game...

As for your first complain, I totally agree with you, Kuzhaits should look like Khuzaits, it's totally immersion-breaking to see Khuzaits with caucasian models. Especially lords.
lol well im a bit of a ******** myself but i appreciate the support regardless. make the khuzait khanate khuzait again

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom