Perisno 0.99 - The Main Thread (HF18 - 27.Mar.2020)

Users who are viewing this thread

Sarin said:
Roberto3371 said:
And there you have it, if you criticise an aspect eventually someone will bring out the 'it's a war game' line. It's got trading in it dude and quite a lot of emphasis on economy if you weren't bothering about it then get rid of things like losing money if you're some distance from your enterprises. Maybe get less cranky about feedback.

You can run a trade caravan if you want. You'll just need to spend some time scouting the profitable routes. That hasn't changed. But frankly, it's boring.

Tournaments are a way to go. With 150 in every proficiency, which is easily trainable, you can win most tourneys if you have any skill. Some ranged-heavy tournaments are bit about luck so you might avoid those early on.

As old mate said up there it's about role play, I've played most of these things to death as a mercenary captain, a founder of your own faction, a lord etc. Sometimes I like to see if you can just be a merchant and make it work for some that's boring for me it's flavor, clearly someone at some point tried to make trade a more vibrant aspect of this mod with the trade ledger and various economic tweaks. I know that you can just wack together a warband and go looting bandit parties and before you know it you'll be swimming in cash my point was that just like the merchant caravans you see wandering about you wouldn't do that if you were a merchant now would you? Some mods manage a great variety of approaches with ease, some do not. I am not in any way trying to detract from the many and varied strengths that Perisno has.

Roberto3371 said:
Sarin said:
Roberto3371 said:
And there you have it, if you criticise an aspect eventually someone will bring out the 'it's a war game' line. It's got trading in it dude and quite a lot of emphasis on economy if you weren't bothering about it then get rid of things like losing money if you're some distance from your enterprises. Maybe get less cranky about feedback.

You can run a trade caravan if you want. You'll just need to spend some time scouting the profitable routes. That hasn't changed. But frankly, it's boring.

Tournaments are a way to go. With 150 in every proficiency, which is easily trainable, you can win most tourneys if you have any skill. Some ranged-heavy tournaments are bit about luck so you might avoid those early on.

As old mate said up there it's about role play, I've played most of these things to death as a mercenary captain, a founder of your own faction, a lord etc. Sometimes I like to see if you can just be a merchant and make it work for some that's boring for me it's flavor, clearly someone at some point tried to make trade a more vibrant aspect of this mod with the trade ledger and various economic tweaks. I know that you can just wack together a warband and go looting bandit parties and before you know it you'll be swimming in cash my point was that just like the merchant caravans you see wandering about you wouldn't do that if you were a merchant now would you? Some mods manage a great variety of approaches with ease, some do not. I am not in any way trying to detract from the many and varied strengths that Perisno has.

Warband doesn't really provide proper platform for trading campaign, and there are limited ways for modders to improve it. Persino doesn't really cut out any vanilla trade options, but it doesn't build on them either. But modding the game to the degree where you could have fulfilling, long economic game...I do not even know if it is possible.

Sarin said:
Roberto3371 said:
Sarin said:
Roberto3371 said:

Warband doesn't really provide proper platform for trading campaign, and there are limited ways for modders to improve it. Persino doesn't really cut out any vanilla trade options, but it doesn't build on them either. But modding the game to the degree where you could have fulfilling, long economic game...I do not even know if it is possible.

I'm not sure about the others but I hardly ever touched trading in Perisno. There was always something else to work on that I felt was more important. It could be somewhat possible but I doubt anyone will work on it in the coming months.

Roberto3371 said:
Maybe get less cranky about feedback.
Maybe provide less vague&rude feedback and I'll be less "cranky" about it.
I'm never "cranky" when people show me screenshots, facts and numbers.
Not when I just swap some towns' specializations and they go all "Oh no, my old trade route doesn't work, you've broken everything, it's the end of the word, #literallyunplayable'.

P.S. I see that while I buffed production in some cities I didn't buff production in villages that much, I'll change that.

"Not when I just swap some towns' specializations and they go all "Oh no, my old trade route doesn't work, you've broken everything, it's the end of the word, #literallyunplayable'."

Didn't say that at all, stop being such a drama queen.

A few examples would be there used to be plentiful supplies of salt in Hakkon, now there isn't, there used to be plentiful supplies of iron in the dwarven lands and it was cheaper now that's no longer the case. Many towns/factions still don't seem to have any specialization at all in what they produce the Tolranians for instance don't seem to have any particular theme for what their villages produce and their towns manufacture.

I don't mind that a lot of this is a complexity that will never be implemented because the main focus is the 'war' aspect of the game. If you want a feedback suggestion on it though then find a way to greatly reduce trade good pricing in the buy and sell option based on trade skill and make certain goods more abundant in places where it makes sense for a caravan doing a long haul. I get that it needs to be balanced for looting purposes.

I fully understand that this is not a critical thing to focus on.

Hello everybody :3

I'm here to ask about dragons. will they return to perisno? Please?

nvW6fsm.jpg

yay new version! :party:
Still sad about the removal of dragons, but happy on the addition of a lot of other things, especially the new buildings, those are gorgeous!
I think you can include hidden stashes with unique things (like the one in Fountain Hall) in some of the buildings/cities so people will have more incentive to walk around and see those nice designs.

I saw a new NPC for Lymbard knights spawned, are there new quests on rebuilding Lymbard?
Is there any new questline in the first place?

Also, is Khivachis in the lore supposed to ride on black bear instead of black wyvern? (I haven't done her quest yet, saw her at the unit reference)

P.S : Is there no option to have the inventory box at the battle map again? It helped a lot when I wanted to do solo runs, so I would love to have it again.
(I only see it in Galwe Library scene (non battle) so far in my game)

All in all, looking forward to conquering Perisno again  :grin: :grin:

willyflare said:
I think you can include hidden stashes with unique things (like the one in Fountain Hall) in some of the buildings/cities so people will have more incentive to walk around and see those nice designs.
Oh, hell no. There was already a Russian submod to PoP like that, and it's like hiding a needle in a haystack. Impossible to find without some "reverse engineering" or a guide, basically free gifts with a guide.

willyflare said:
are there new quests on rebuilding Lymbard?
No.

willyflare said:
Is there any new questline in the first place?
Smth smth TTL Aurora. Maybe.
I don't know.

willyflare said:
Also, is Khivachis in the lore supposed to ride on black bear instead of black wyvern?
You overestimate the depth of Perisno lore.
She's just good with animals, so it's her Fluffy.

willyflare said:
P.S : Is there no option to have the inventory box at the battle map again?
Custom maps => no box. Random Native maps => box. Can be changed in mod settings.

Leonion said:
No, they won't and there are multiple reasons for that: legal, technical, lore.

The mini hover-dragons were hilarious tho  :razz: crashing into trees and boulders like complete idiots  :razz:

I was thinking about enabling some of the unused items and giving them balanced stats using Morgh's, so I can buy them at the merchant and use them on companions and such. Is there any problematic issues with them?

FloraButterySpread said:
I was thinking about enabling some of the unused items
Like which ones? If you mean those that were shoved in between heavy and very heavy body armor, they're either just some crappy multi-meshes or some lame experimental stuff or something I didn't find use for (and was planning on maybe using them later just for some particular NPC or something like that).

Hello, I have played Perisno for a long time, and for a long time I have had the issue of the formations AI dancing around in circles instead of attacking. Is there a fix to this? I have the charge setting on but I am getting tired of all battles consisting of the enemy charging in.

Leonion said:
FloraButterySpread said:
I was thinking about enabling some of the unused items
Like which ones? If you mean those that were shoved in between heavy and very heavy body armor, they're either just some crappy multi-meshes or some lame experimental stuff or something I didn't find use for (and was planning on maybe using them later just for some particular NPC or something like that).

Yes, a few of the viking styled armours, as well as the two-handed viking sword and the unused horse.

willwillman11 said:
Hello, I have played Perisno for a long time, and for a long time I have had the issue of the formations AI dancing around in circles instead of attacking. Is there a fix to this? I have the charge setting on but I am getting tired of all battles consisting of the enemy charging in.

In the camp options there's a box that disables it when checked. I remember it being related to a defensive formation AI's could use.

Leonion said:
Frankly, some of those options haven't been checked in years. I pretty sure about a half of them does nothing.

More like 60%, but it still makes me feel good to press buttons.

Leonion said:
You overestimate the depth of Perisno lore.
She's just good with animals, so it's her Fluffy.
ohh.... Fluffy eh... nice lore.

Leonion said:
Custom maps => no box. Random Native maps => box. Can be changed in mod settings.
Alright got it! thanks! Now off to hunt those divine aethlings. and finding that aurora thing.

I am absolutely loving this update so far, the aesthetic improvements are great, and the changes to trading make playing as a merchant a little more enjoyable, and it is still very profitable. I like how the village and town production has been changed so that it makes sense- villages by lakes produce fish, while villages on the plains produce dairy.

I do have a few minor issues-
-The chance of bandit ambush used to be too low (almost never happened) but now it is too high and becomes an annoyance imo. The bounty hunters seem to be too high leveled for my character as well.

-I'm not sure about having some of the dwarf lords ride war horses rather than goats, they are too small for the horses and their little legs tend to clip inside the horse's body. :razz:

-I would increase the size of npc parties and garrisons, this would delay the end-game though, as the player would have to be higher level to take on these npcs. Personally I would prefer the realism and increased difficulty.

Back
Top Bottom