Hex editing PS4 saves

Users who are viewing this thread

wyshteah

Recruit
So, I sincerely hope I'm not going to get into trouble for starting such a topic but I'm stuck and there is a serious lack of help online regarding ps4 save hex editing in regards to M&B.

I should probably start by saying I'm not at all versed in Hex and could quite possibly be confused entirely. However, I can decrypt a PS4 save of M&B and have it in Hex form for editing; The addition of cheats etc Is possible as I have max XP and 99999999 Denars In three saves on PS4.

What I'm hoping to have a conversation about is more the specifics of Hex editing, maybe more specifically tailored towards M&B save files. I wish to manually alter the number of things such as skill points, Denars and Village reputation if possible.

Maybe humorously, earlier today I installed a pc M&B save editor in order to try load my decrypted PS4 Hex save into it to alter specific values, an attempt in vain as one could imagine.

My only option is to acquire some know how on locating specific bytes within the Hex code which correspond to what I wish to change and any help achieving that would be most appreciated, although, any helpful discussion including help in understanding anything regarding this that I might not have considered will also be received graciously.

A mess of text I'm sure, so apologies and thanks in advance to any response.

Edit: I have been reading more on Hex editing etc and I think I wrapped my head around it slightly better. Im now taking more time searching through the code in an attempt to narrow down values I know to exist near to places I feel logical within the Hex code and not to necessarily alter said value but just to in fact find it and potentially gain some amount of experience in finding specific things.
For example, I'm searching specifically for the reputation value of a given village to the player, in this case nomar; In the Ascii portion of the code the names of each village are written as "p_village_4....Nomar.D" numerical values and letters ofcourse differ for each individual one. This is where I'm searching around for the value of the reputation the village has for the player, is this reasonable?

Back
Top Bottom