Dev Blog 05/12/19

Users who are viewing this thread

6ba40c0e1ec85b110b319a58955d975bbdc72835.jpg

Medieval kingdoms were fraught with internal power struggles, and in many instances, the most powerful people in a realm didn’t sit directly on the throne. Instead, they wielded their influence to shape the kingdom in their image or changed the course of history completely by throwing their weight behind sweeping changes that eroded the power of those above them.

Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/132

Last edited by a moderator:
LeChat said:
FBohler said:
LeChat said:
FBohler said:
AmateurHetman said:
I do hope Bannerlord’s diplomacy surpasses the warband mod, as it would be a missed opportunity.

I think this phrase summarize the overall perception by the hardcore fanbase.

If I were TW I would pretty much look for every successful mod in Warband and try to put them as some sort of the native content.
I hope so !

And... cattle must follow the player !!!

Or maybe now we can get some neat Swadian Shepherd dogs to get the job done  :lol:
Yeah ! And we can train them. They would have skills and proficiencies, they would level up, get perks. We can also use them at war, so they would need armours, weapons, ... ahem...
And we could also buy skins for them, like white with black dots, all grey and.....oh wait... :facepalm:
:wink:

A game's soundtrack is an omnipresent but often overlooked asset that is crucial when setting the mood throughout the game. I would say Bannerlord has many flaws right now, but its music is not one of them.

Orion said:
A game's soundtrack is an omnipresent but often overlooked asset that is crucial when setting the mood throughout the game. I would say Bannerlord has many flaws right now, but its music is not one of them.
Do not try to change the subject !

Orion said:

I was aiming at the devblog lack of content and relevance, not at the feature covered by it.

I really hope sound effects and musical score is top notch, because it's very important to the overall atmosphere.

FBohler said:
Orion said:

I was aiming at the devblog lack of content and relevance, not at the feature covered by it.

I really hope sound effects and musical score is top notch, because it's very important to the overall atmosphere.
I agree. Oftentimes the music/sound effects are that extra 5% that makes a game great that nobody really notices. It's that "x factor", the "there's just something about it".

As this is a feudal kingdom political system and not democracy, as so stated, I imagine that you should always be able to overturn any decisions. In fact, even if you cannot out-weigh the majority's vote, you should be able to still enact whichever decision you desire. You are the ruler, after all. Perhaps a severe penalty should take place, affecting all those who opposed you. I am sure this would not only make more sense in the end, but also provide a deeper level of immersion.

Can I get a second in agreeance here  :fruity:

+1

Also, I wonder if this decision system means we won't see the slew of deteriorating relations with most of the lords after giving a dude with no land a worthless village.

JustinTime49 said:
+1

Also, I wonder if this decision system means we won't see the slew of deteriorating relations with most of the lords after giving a dude with no land a worthless village.
I hope not, that’s one of the few things in this franchise that makes sense  :wink:

1BreathTaken said:
As this is a feudal kingdom political system and not democracy, as so stated, I imagine that you should always be able to overturn any decisions. In fact, even if you cannot out-weigh the majority's vote, you should be able to still enact whichever decision you desire. You are the ruler, after all. Perhaps a severe penalty should take place, affecting all those who opposed you. I am sure this would not only make more sense in the end, but also provide a deeper level of immersion.

Can I get a second in agreeance here  :fruity:

There are many kinds of Monarchy. Uk has a Monarch, but she has no say. Even though you have a point but this is also a fantasy world. We don't know their laws. And the lore creators are free to design the world however they want because there are no Real World limits. It is their world. It is their fantasy.

An example from Lotr: Gondor was ruled by a steward but in real world, generals/lorda would most likely rebel and get independence or get the throne for themselves. Even the steward would claim the throne after 10 years of ruling. They wouldn't wait for the king to return but they did because it is Tolkiens fantasy. He wanted it that way so we have no say in it. We cant say it doesnt make sense, because it is his dream. He decided how their laws, culture, dreams and hopes are.

Look at the game as a fantasy game not as a 11th century real world medieval game.

Kutsalkadavra said:
An example from Lotr: Gondor was ruled by a steward but in real world, generals/lorda would most likely rebel and get independence or get the throne for themselves. Even the steward would claim the throne after 10 years of ruling. They wouldn't wait for the king to return but they did because it is Tolkiens fantasy. He wanted it that way so we have no say in it. We cant say it doesnt make sense, because it is his dream. He decided how their laws, culture, dreams and hopes are.

The stewards of Gondor believed the line of kings had died out, giving them dynastic control of the throne and its full powers without the need to proclaim themselves kings.

History is just as strange: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayor_of_the_Palace

Back
Top Bottom