Dev Blog 05/12/19

Users who are viewing this thread

6ba40c0e1ec85b110b319a58955d975bbdc72835.jpg

Medieval kingdoms were fraught with internal power struggles, and in many instances, the most powerful people in a realm didn’t sit directly on the throne. Instead, they wielded their influence to shape the kingdom in their image or changed the course of history completely by throwing their weight behind sweeping changes that eroded the power of those above them.

Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/132

Last edited by a moderator:
NPC99 said:
Kutsalkadavra said:
An example from Lotr: Gondor was ruled by a steward but in real world, generals/lorda would most likely rebel and get independence or get the throne for themselves. Even the steward would claim the throne after 10 years of ruling. They wouldn't wait for the king to return but they did because it is Tolkiens fantasy. He wanted it that way so we have no say in it. We cant say it doesnt make sense, because it is his dream. He decided how their laws, culture, dreams and hopes are.

The stewards of Gondor believed the line of kings had died out, giving them dynastic control of the throne and its full powers without the need to proclaim themselves kings.

History is just as strange: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayor_of_the_Palace
A regent also has the full power of the realm or at least has the last say. And the stewerd of Gondor is basically a regent. A regent called a regent if there is one ruler who would overpower him.  Gondor hand none. But still Stewards didnt claim the throne but kept themselves the title of Steward instead of the King. In real world, nobles would come together and argue about the rulership. Who should get the throne, who should be called the king. They wouldnt let a steward rule over them. Because, well, a steward is a steward. And a king is believed to be divine-chosen ruler among men.
But the Gondorians just let the stewards rule over them. And the throne of the gondor stood emptry because it is a Fantasy World

If Tolkien wanted the Elves to have some gunpower, he would have let it. Because it is his fantasy. There are no technological or religious or politic logic in a fantasy world. If you want to create a fantasy world that exists arount 16th century in north america ( natives resisting the west with their own advanced guns) you are allowed to do it. We all are able to create our own fantasy.

And Calradia is Taleworlds fantasy. And if they want flying dolphins in it or something else, we have no say in it.

Kutsalkadavra said:
Look at the game as a fantasy game not as a 11th century real world medieval game.

Wait for a "year re-cap" devblog where they will redound on the beta mp and what little is left to harvest in March.
A paragraph ending with a Merry Christmas, see you next year in the new forum (I bet it's not finished yet).  :iamamoron:

Very much expected to have a re-re-re-cap, "happy holidays", "see you next year" (in 3 weeks from now) and stuff like that. Not surprised at all.

A snowy map for the Beta would've been awesome to leave us with until next year tho  :fruity:

What's going on over in Taleworlds' HQ?! Have they begun their festivities early being the last friday till Christmas break!?

Has this re-re-recap blog been pushed under the carpet and flooded with cheap cava ,cocktail sausages and bad office banter (a la UK The Office Christmas special)  :party:

tumblr_mc07sw7Ct11rx9ah1o1_400.gif

I thought the bi-weekly schedule was put in place to allow more beta
involvement  and more coherent bloggedy blogness.

I'm sure Taleworlds will rock our socks off with early access but I have to admit my foundations are being shaken a bit when they are failing to commit to a bi-weekly deadline. The new forums which were slated for release what, three weeks ago? I can't be the only one who is beginning to have healthy skepticism about the early access end of March release window.

Then again,  I of course don't  know what's holding things up and I'll support Taleworlds in their endeavors regardless.

Richarddear1994 said:
What's going on over in Taleworlds' HQ?! Have they begun their festivities early being the last friday till Christmas break!?

Has this re-re-recap blog been pushed under the carpet and flooded with cheap cava ,cocktail sausages and bad office banter (a la UK The Office Christmas special)  :party:

tumblr_mc07sw7Ct11rx9ah1o1_400.gif

I thought the bi-weekly schedule was put in place to allow more beta
involvement  and more coherent bloggedy blogness.

I'm sure Taleworlds will rock our socks off with early access but I have to admit my foundations are being shaken a bit when they are failing to commit to a bi-weekly deadline. The new forums which were slated for release what, three weeks ago? I can't be the only one who is beginning to have healthy skepticism about the early access end of March release window.

Then again,  I of course don't  know what's holding things up and I'll support Taleworlds in their endeavors regardless.

At this point I think it would be better to just wait until March or last weeks of February to say something about the game, it just seems pointless to blog about anything so close to release of the Early Access

I agree with you, by shifting the multiplayer beta up a gear, making it open to collect more data would  probably benefit them more than focusing on blog entries. However it would put my mind at rest if they would communicate such an intent first  :cool:

Well at this point it is not even a good idea to change forums. Best to wait until after new years, vacations, holiday, whatever they do. Who wants to see this forum die, a new one born, and bugs/crash servers/issues pop up without tech support for a few weeks?

Its not like there is any hurry to release the new forums anyway, as long they do that before March 2020 (with all the new people that will come with EA).

Repeated post #7364-

How is it that moving to a fortnightly blog has made them less on schedule, rather than more? Yippee-do if you're in the beta but I want more single player info as it's the only mode I care about.

Back
Top Bottom