[MEDIA] [fans-retexture] Prophesy of Pendor Armor Retexture Screenshots

Users who are viewing this thread

robertidaniel said:
I on the other hand, love your work Dare2Die. Not everything may be exactly for my taste but subtle changes to Knights of Lion armor (beautiful work), Knights of the Falcon (double shoulderpads - magnificent idea) or spikes for Eventide armor are absolutely great. I am also a great fan of your Pendor ghost army. Can't wait when a submod with your retextures will come out :smile:.
Thanks robertdaniel. And there's already a Pendor submod dev team that contacted me. So, just be patient :smile:.
But, I kinda agree with sher. A lot of assets from that KHO project that I don't like. A lot. And that's why I have a plan to remake them when I'm in the mood.

sher said:
Don't take my words as insult or complaint - you don't do rubbish, at first glance, and there is some quality in your work so take it just as feedback, even if kinda unfavorable one. I cannot see direction in your work and there is certain harmful tendency in your changes that you may not be aware of. First part is the reason while there is no point in applying your changes atop what Konrad is doing in the mod - who cares about recolored arm guard to bother?

Second part may be a tricky one and first time I've noticed it in Skyrim with some of very quality armor mods - abundance of details. It exists even with very quality models which look absolutely stunning on screenshots with right angle, scale and lightning but turn whole thing into a complete mess on the move. On the move in battle, especially with large number of soldiers around, eyes cannot register large number of tiny details and final impression is drastically different from static. At best you'll remember color while in case of model with absence of unnecessary (and sometime unreasonable) additional details you'll register whole picture. So such things like only one pauldron for sword arm can be registered and add to experience but tripple pauldrons make them unnoticeable instead of something like "pauldrons made of steel". So when you add numerous decorations on top of Konrad's work you actually mess with structural information that can be registered in a fight. There should be balance and purpose in adding details to prevent this and I dare to say that Konrad's approach is very close to optimum already so it's a hard task to beat it or at least to not mess things up.

To not sound like "total negativity": I actually liked new Kraken Armor much (both heraldic torso and metal breast plate), just not sure if it's authentic to have such plate for order which uses heavy mail but it sure looks good. That's an example of changes worthy to bother with.
Thanks for the feedback. And I agree with you. some of it is unnecessary and insignificant. Damn, Konrad Armor is already great as it is. But, I really like some of it especially the Kraken Armor, my fav KHO and I have a plan to actually remake some of it. And what are your feedback for other project? The Rune Project? The Heraldic Project? The Heretic Project? The Old Pendor Ghost Project? The Random Project?

In your feedback, it only focused on KHO project. what about the other?

Zapper said:
So, i don't understand....Are they downloadable, and most importantly, are they usable in the PoP base game?
Read the first post of the author and you'll understand... At least his own intentions.

As for me, I'd like to publish Dare2Die's latest works in form of an addon on Nexus. Just like I did with the "more Rune items" project. But he is not finished with everything planned yet, and personally speaking I haven't even started doing my part, such as preparing item entries, setting item stats and flags, giving them to troops, or adding them to the player via scripts when certain conditions are met (i.e. the fate of KO grandmaster armors), etc.

I'd like to wait with that until Dare2Die is fully finished as it would be easier when those models would be in my possession, to check how they look and if everything works as intended. But I'm not rushing anyone, I got my hands full with other tweaks currently, and v3.9.5 is upon us, which would require me to update everything once again. As such, I wouldn't mind it either if this whole pack would get published after v3.9.5.

Not a total replacement. But it's texture is surely more clearer, and the rune is more sharp. Impressive works anyway.

Some of your textures (e.g. size 513KB) don't have minimaps.
can you explain to this newbie texturer? what is minimaps? how to set it up? and is it different than mip maps? but I don't even know what mip maps too.
Just some of my older texture I save as DXT5 when I can save it to DXT1 to save some space, and to DXT3 when the texture have transparent part.

Sorry, mipmaps not minimaps (thanks to phone auto correct).
They are like LODs for meshes - there is no need to display fancy 1024x1024 texture when model is far away an visible as few pixels.
When you save your texture there is an option, tick box, like "generate mipmaps". Later you can check this texture in OpeBRF or Windows Photo Viewer to see if maps are present.
"DXT1 with alpha channel" is used for all PoP textures. It saves transparency as well, so no need to use high quality (and bigger) DXT3.
Overall 1024×1024 DXT1 with alpha channel is 683KB.

Sorry, mipmaps not minimaps (thanks to phone auto correct).
They are like LODs for meshes - there is no need to display fancy 1024x1024 texture when model is far away an visible as few pixels.
When you save your texture there is an option, tick box, like "generate mipmaps". Later you can check this texture in OpeBRF or Windows Photo Viewer to see if maps are present.
"DXT1 with alpha channel" is used for all PoP textures. It saves transparency as well, so no need to use high quality (and bigger) DXT3.
Overall 1024×1024 DXT1 with alpha channel is 683KB.
dang, new important knowledge for me. lod for texture? I like it.
btw, when I tick the mipmaps checkbox, there's a few choice. "Fant", "Super Sampling", "Bilinear", "Bicubic", "Nearest Neighbor". Can you explain any of it? or can you tell me which one is the most optimize option, or which one is used by Pendor texture.

And what do you say about saving the spec map texture to 512x512? it sure save some space and I don't see any noticeable different in how the spec map work on a model. In OpenBrf at least. I just found some modder do this to their spec map textures.

And You're right about the DXT1. The first time I use it, I check the material, and it's not transparent that's why I save it later as DXT3.
Looks like I really need to redone all my texture, even if it just save as to more optimized version.

I am using "Triangle" filter for mipmaps.
Smaller spec maps may work for some items, but e.g. I already put 2 armours on one 1024x1024 sheet so don't want to degrade overall experience any further.

Back
Top Bottom