The castles visit

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi all,

I have to admit that every time, i am frustrated that i cannot visit my own castle. Having access only to the main room is not enough !
Not the whole castle, hmmm, but at least some rooms like, for exemple, our own bedroom, the kitchen, weapons room, etc...

What about you ? Is it possible ?

Thanks, have a good day  :grin:

Is wasting developer resources on something you are going to visit once in a play-through really necessary? It's not like you can cook in a kitchen or something.

There are features that add much more value to the game-play then a kitchen that you can't interact with. If Developers will have spare resources, I would like it much more if they spend it on a AI, naval combat or something of that importance.

If there would be nothing more important than a castle kitchen that can be added or improved in the game, sure. But that's not the case.

Good idea for a Bannerlord expansion mod. I ve also thought this would add some good depth to the game, especially if there were engaging activities to perform in different parts of the castle.

Maybe not for all of them, but some keeps could have living areas as part of scenes. Chaotic fighting to the last in the kitchen as others man the barricades in the main hall or slaying the lord in his own bedroom sound like cool story moments to me.

Hmmm... not sure this will ever be in the official game personally, but would be great as mods...

I wonder what exactly happened to being able to freely walk in and out of main areas (i.e the tavern to the marketplace) without leaving a scene? This was mentioned several times before...

hruza said:
Is wasting developer resources on something you are going to visit once in a play-through really necessary? It's not like you can cook in a kitchen or something.

There are features that add much more value to the game-play then a kitchen that you can't interact with. If Developers will have spare resources, I would like it much more if they spend it on a AI, naval combat or something of that importance.

If there would be nothing more important than a castle kitchen that can be added or improved in the game, sure. But that's not the case.

Yes yes, i agree, but.......

elcapo29 said:
Good idea for a Bannerlord expansion mod. I ve also thought this would add some good depth to the game, especially if there were engaging activities to perform in different parts of the castle.

Yes, it reminds me a game named "Suikoden" on Playstation... very good game  :grin:

Do not look here said:
Maybe not for all of them, but some keeps could have living areas as part of scenes. Chaotic fighting to the last in the kitchen as others man the barricades in the main hall or slaying the lord in his own bedroom sound like cool story moments to me.

Exactly !!!!
I think many scenarios could emerge with this possibility.
Fighting during sieges, assassination of a character, search fot an object, etc.... Lot of possibilities !

Captain Obvious said:
Hmmm... not sure this will ever be in the official game personally, but would be great as mods...

I wonder what exactly happened to being able to freely walk in and out of main areas (i.e the tavern to the marketplace) without leaving a scene? This was mentioned several times before...
you mean this one?
https://youtu.be/aTpt6urzgv4?t=129

fedeita said:
Captain Obvious said:

you mean this one?
https://youtu.be/aTpt6urzgv4?t=129

Yeh, wondered what happened to this... perhaps a little too buggy.

hruza said:

This is straight bad project management philosophy.

Every detail in a game counts. Look at GTA V for example, their systems have flaws for sure, but they did go for each and every detail in the game.

If Taleworlds decide to put in some less important details like visiting the kitchen and quarters in the castle, it's not granted that they'll miss more important stuff.

FBohler said:

Every detail in a game counts. Look at GTA V for example, their systems have flaws for sure, but they did go for each and every detail in the game.

If Taleworlds decide to put in some less important details like visiting the kitchen and quarters in the castle, it's not granted that they'll miss more important stuff.

:facepalm:

FBohler said:

TW have limited number of people working on the Bannerlord, limited amount of time and money. If they spend them making kitchens in castles, then those resources will not be available to make something else. It's matter of priorities. Is there nothing more important to work on then dozens of scenes with nothing for player to do inside them?

KucukEniste said:

Any argument there?

hruza said:
TW have limited number of people working on the Bannerlord, limited amount of time and money. If they spend them making kitchens in castles, then those resources will not be available to make something else. It's matter of priorities. Is there nothing more important to work on then dozens of scenes with nothing for player to do inside them?

They took time to model, rig and make animations for random animals such as dogs and sheep. These are details that add to the overall experience.

Ignoring the details and going 100% to the main aspect may make the game feel too limited or empty.

And believe me, each and every game has a budget limitation. Taleworlds' budget is very low compared to other companies, but good project management goes through good budget management.

True, everyone use the limited resource excuse to hand-wave away legitimate concerns. Flavor do matter, and when these things are taken away what's left is a very barebone sandbox where you've got only a handful of sand to play with. If that's their route they should not make a sequel to M&B because M&B is definitively highly-flavorful non-fantasy medieval-themed sandbox game. Next you'd tell me we also don't need the medieval theme and put aliens and plasma pistols into the game.

And as brought up before, the devs made specific promises before about allowing players to roam around cities if they choose to. That is now taken away because "development limitations", in spite of the fact that we saw footage of players walking through town. These features were already in-development and what we are seeing now are nothing less than a serious sign of terrible, terrible business management on Taleworld's part that has evidentially resulted in them abandoning progress they've already made.

Now think on this: they'd also promised that the player can use companions to manage cities, either running criminal enterprises or legitimate. How about taking that away as well? How about we take away procedural lord and lord execution next because Taleworlds run into another development hurdle? You keeping giving them excuse is nothing but giving them ropes to hang themselves with. Give TW some bloody incentive to work harder, and do the right thing damnit.

"Development limitations" is BS.

They promise complex features like character aging and fully dynamic dynasties (which sounds great btw), and all of sudden they're not able to make some interior for their scenes with some context sensitive NPC activity?

C'mon, next thing they're cutting will be the clouds from the sky because they're too complex to simulate and the players barely look at the sky after the first 2 hours in the game.

FBohler said:
They took time to model, rig and make animations for random animals such as dogs and sheep. These are details that add to the overall experience.

Ignoring the details and going 100% to the main aspect may make the game feel too limited or empty.

I don't think that's the same thing. animals are part of the scenes that player will spend lot of time in doing something game wise important. As such they add atmosphere and make perfect sense and there I agree with your point. Kitchen is a place where player will go once -to see the kitchen. He will not return there any more. There's nothing to do there.

lcmiracle said:
[...]
And as brought up before, the devs made specific promises before about allowing players to roam around cities if they choose to. That is now taken away because "development limitations", in spite of the fact that we saw footage of players walking through town.
[...]

What? Where does that come from?

The only reason I can see for spending the time and resources to make and model a large castle that you can strut around is if they make a reason for you to want to do that from a gameplay perspective, such as, holding court, crafting, cooking, sleeping, watching paint dry. I can't think of much but if more creative minds thought about it they could come up with several ideas.

Maybe we will see this in a DLC or more likely a Mod, but for the base game, it is not integral for the core gameplay loop and adds no real immersion unless there was a reason to spend a lot of time in a really bustling, dusty, and cold castle instead of defeating your enemies. So I wouldn't hold much hope for seeing this, but I would love to be proven wrong.

I wouldn't say 'resources best used elsewhere' is an argument that works in general, but in this particular situation we are aware that scene-making is lagging behind (it was true last year and judging by this year's demo they're still not complete). This is why my idea was to include some kind of living areas within the keep scene - when it makes sense, of course.

Back
Top Bottom