? Red Dead Redemption 2 PC

Users who are viewing this thread

Piconi

Fashionista
Community Manager
The famous western game's sequel finally released for PC gamers out there yearning for years ever since the first game.

My hope is that this thread serves as a small meeting point for those who don't have friends that play RDR2 Online, or they play on a different platform, so they can't find anyone to team up and be in a posse with.

When we finnish singleplayer campaign we will all play RDR2 PC Online for many years to come, so i hope that this is where some serious long-term posses can be made  :party:

Be aware that Online runs approximately 20%-30% smoother than Singleplayer campaign at the moment, no real explanation from the company as to why.

Adorno said:
I assume there are bugs/glitches, and performance to be improved at first, so I'm waiting.
But definitely getting it at some point. It looks great.
There is surprisingly low amount of glithes and bugs, you really have to try to push it to encounter one.

Optimization on the other hand..... Very bad singleplayer performance. As i said, for some reason online performance is much better.

I was a little haste because my friend pre-ordered it, but you could wait for the new year or christmas discount, if they discount it in the first place, because it will be a very new title. . .

Terco_Viejo said:
I'll probably end up buying it for Steam next month...

84639bd1ba31a05d8ec04a880eecde21.gif

Considering how R* support handled my only issue with GTAV, I'm not touching RDR2 for multiplayer so I'll be content to wait for a 50% off sale sometime next year.

Orion said:
Considering how R* support handled my only issue with GTAV, I'm not touching RDR2 for multiplayer so I'll be content to wait for a 50% off sale sometime next year.
You are sort of spot on for RDR2 too. Rockstat went the onsole route long ago (although GTAV PC launch was a huge success, very well optimize), so RDR2 PC launc was awful, i was one of the lucky ones (almost 1/3rd of those who bought it on launch) to even start the game, let alone play it without crash, 2/3rds couldn't even start it.

That said, the game is WORTH it on PC. Will be even greater after some stability and optimization patches, and on 30%-50% discount, its gold.

I do not think it is worth on PC at this state. Hopwfuly when it comes to steam it will be better experience, but optimisation problems are a huge drawback. My Gtx 1060 is barely able to pull the game on 60 frames while having low-ish graphical preset, while, for comparison, new star wars game (which i did not buy, when its on sale i will) is able to pull 60 frames on ultra. Not to say anything about constant crashing to desktop and micro freezing, which were thankfully greatly reduced in the latest patch.

Wait for steam version i say, bugs will of course be fixed, but befoe of after steam release, hell if i know, but imo unlikely,, online is full of griefers and there is no solo or peaceful mode (yes you can not play alone, there are glitches and ways to do so, but thats not resource monitor glitch so yeah). There is defensive mode which reduces damage taken from players, but thats not enough. Lack of missiond and overall content is also an issue. I definitely wont touch rdr2 online for a long long time. Its garbage, dozen time bigger than gta online.

But even with all of the flaws, Arthur is definitely one of, and in my opinion most fullfilling, human-like and best rockstar character they have made. His actions are immersive, and karma system does wonders in my opinion, even it being shallow. Game is a masterpieve, port is not.

Not saying that i regret bying it, i was able to play it on day 1 without any issues appart from crashing once per one hour and micro freezing when the voice keeps going on. Still got balls deep into story, and was more than glad to play western open world rpg game, last one i did was Gun, and that was around a decade ago.

I'm sorry to hear about the performance issues you re having. I, on the other hand, have a constant 75fps on a 75hz monitor with a 70-80% gpu usage on vega 64.

Singleplayer is what is running little slower for me, with arround 70 -75fps with arround 95-98% gpu usage.

This helped me a lot, maybe you could try apply it and tweak it a bit more

i6FM5W1.jpg

p7YWmV7.jpg

Bought it on console at the start of the year. Mouse aim would be nice but I expect Rockstar to completely ruin the online like they did with GTAV. Can't really justify buying this again just to play through the story again with mouse aim and better graphics. Great story mode though, for anyone who hasn't played or had it spoiled for 'em.

I heavily considered rebuying it on PC for mods and convenience but I just can't justify it. It's a fantastic game but my PC's getting to be old enough that the graphics would be inferior anyway. My main factor was me realizing that Rockstar simply doesn't know how to make games that don't fully rely on auto-aim for shootouts. If I play Max Payne 3 or GTA or whatever, it's either really ****ing broken against me because I can't aim at a precise angle that auto-aim would instantly snap to, or it's broken in my favor because I can just take out an entire room of dudes without leaving the initial cover thanks to my precision aim with a mouse as opposed to just pressing RT and hoping for the best.

As someone who enjoyed it on console but hated the reliance on auto-aim, the game plays really well with a K+M on PC without auto-aim. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to get into it again (I remember I experienced very little replayability with the first RDR), but the past couple of weekends proved that I could.

But, I did have a bug where all of my mission and challenge progress was wiped clean half-way into act 3, right after I got the super satchel. I'm still continuing as normal in the missions and redoing the challenges, but none of them register as having completed in my game compendium. Also, all the animals I spotted, tracked, and killed are gone from the compendium. :neutral:

I picked up the original at a yard sale for $5, so by the time I've got a game center up and have played through it I imagine this one will be discounted cheap enough to buy. Go team "Poor, but too busy for that to really matter"!

Given the current launcher problems and other performance problems, my money is still in my pocket.
I'm going to wait a bit in the bushes to see if I hit with the right shot...  :razz:

Adorno said:
Okay. I'm in no hurry. Probably going to wait until the new year. 2-3 months for a stable PC port is not uncommon.

It's really the most sensible thing to do, and even more so considering what it costs...59.99€.

Back
Top Bottom