[BladeCast - Interview] LaPache - German Captain

Users who are viewing this thread

Tardet

French Toast
Count
Contents_Header.png

With the recent announcement of Bannerlord Early Access set to March 2020, excitement has been growing inside the community for what could possibly be one of the very last tournaments on Mount & Blade Warband. Obviously, with Bannerlord itself having been announced a while back, the rumours of tournaments being hosted for the very last time go back far in time, so much so that it ended up becoming a well-established joke within the competitive community. For that reason, erring on the side of caution remains the safest approach as it still is to be seen how the game will be received once its access is spread to a larger public.

Nevertheless, there is no arguing that March of next year will be a month awaited by many players of the community, competitive or not, and for that reason, the upcoming tournaments set for the end of this year ( Nations Cup 2019 ) and the beginning of the next one ( Warband Native League 8 ) might be looked back at some of the very last competitions ever played on the game. In the case of the 10th edition of the Nations Cup, applications closed the Saturday 28th of September, and we are now in the fifth week of the competition.

To accompany you in this competition, BladeCast_TV will be publishing a series of contents which we hope will help you to enjoy this tournament to its full extent. Below, you can find a list of some of our upcoming articles, as well as those already published.

Yesterday we posted two interviews about the decisive match for Group B between Sweden & Norway and Poland 2. Today we wanted to hear about the huge confrontation in Group A happening tonight between Spain and Germany, this time with one of the German captain, LaPache.

BladeCast Interview - LaPache | Germany Captain

To get this interview started, I had like to touch your captain role a little bit. Last year Firunien was leading the team and the year before that, Fabio was in charge, so the captains have been changing a bit for Germany over the last couple of NCs. What was the process of gathering a team like for you and bullez this year?

Hey, at first I was just asking around if anyone plans on making a team which wasn’t the case so I decided that I wanted to create a team on my own because at this point it seemed like none had really any interest in making a team. So, Eder and me pretty much asked anyone that we thought is good and fits in the team if they would want to join us for the NC.

Germany has been an ever-consistent team in the Nations Cup, but besides a dominant performance against Poland during the first week, things have been looking tough for you guys in that group stage. How do you explain that?

It is true that we had a rough experience in group A fighting the other top teams of this Nations Cup. I mean we are clearly missing some top German players like Scar and Razer which would really help a lot here. But nevertheless, this is only the group stage yet and we still got some time to practice and can put up a good fight with the other top teams. Against Poland I feel like our performance was brilliant and for some reason everything just seemed to work perfectly. But of course, it’s also true that Poland didn’t really play that well on that day and that they can play much better than they did against us.

There was also an interesting talking point in Kawaii deciding to play as infantry for every match, every map, of this NC19, in order to facilitate the in-game calling on his side. How has it been working for you guys so guys, does it still feel like a worthy trade?

Kawaii is leading our matches and he personally feels like he can do that better as infantry and I think he always wanted to play infantry in one tourney and kind of get a break from cavalry. But for me I don’t think it’s a worthy trade at least on open maps. But it’s his decision after all and if he feels more comfortable on leading as infantry then we should respect that.

LaPache on Kawaii's switch to infantry said:
"I don’t think it’s a worthy trade [...] But it’s his decision after all and if he feels more comfortable on leading as infantry then we should respect that."

Obviously, your upcoming match against Spain is going to be one of the most anticipated encounters this week. A victory - or a draw – would be enough qualify you over them but a defeat would send Spain to the playoffs, in your place. Knowing the stakes, how has your preparation been for this specific match-up?

We have constantly been doing training matches and apart from some flaws I think we are in a really good spot to beat Spain today. But still this will be a very important match for us, and I hope we can put up the same performance than we did against Poland, today.

Even with a win, a tough playoff week is waiting for you guys, with two potentially really difficult match-ups. Have you and your players started projecting yourselves a little bit on that or not at all?

We will continue doing training matches and of course also train on Warband Matchmaking. I think our team can do much better than we did against the other group A teams. Of course, we are also aware that the matches will get tough for us and we need to practice more for them.

[size=6pt]ARTICLE BROUGHT TO YOU BY @BLADECAST_TV, CUSTOM GRAPHICS BY @ROSSLINGTON  INTERVIEW CONDUCTED BY @TARDET

It's worth mentioning that not every players/captain enjoy being interviewed so I do appreciate those who make the effort to answer our questions nonetheless. Big kudos to LaPache for taking the time to do it so that we can hear from both sides and a warm best of luck for their match against Spain tonight.

Back
Top Bottom