[Asian Interviews] Vinland Conquer | Vinland_Steve (China)

Users who are viewing this thread

Shiroin

Section Moderator

uhxZk9.png

Reported and Translated by Shiroin.
Steve is a famous cavalry player in the Asian community. Also, he is the founder and captain of an Asian active clan Vinland.

Although Vinland didn't get a high score in Horn'cup, Vinland gives everyone a great impression.

Steve is the first time to join a tournament outside of China. Everything is new and dangerous to him.

Recently, Steve joined Nation's Cup tournament as a Chinese team player. Let us see what will he say.

Hello Steve!  After all these years, it is the first time a Chinese team joined Nation's cup tournament. As a player on the Chinese side, what do you think about the Nation's Cup?

It is a great pleasure to join this global tournament. I feel high pressure because of both my opponents and teammates are high-grade players. Tactics, Rules and methods everything is new to me, I need to fit them.

I heard most of the Chinese tournaments' format is different from the European community. Mostly, the Chinese team format is 10v10 above, fastest battle speed, and 1600 default start gold. So this is your first time to join a global tournament, do you feel any maladjustments or differences between them?

First of all, it is a ping issue. Except for ping, the most difference is battle speed. I used to fastest battle speed, but switch to regular made me always missing on attack timing.

I heard you are the founder of a famous clan Vinland. Also, you are a high-level cavalry player in China. Can you do a little introduction to us?

Well. I am just an ordinary cavalry player in China. Many players are better than me. I will keep exercise until everybody accepts my cavalry skills.

What do you think about the European community? And how do you feel about the Chinese community? Any differences or advantages you felt between them?

The most thing that impressed me is there are many people from different countries unites as one community because of the game. In China, most of the players even don't know there is a multiplayer mode on this game. The advantage of the Chinese community is we do have a significant amount of players on Mount&Blade. Even multiplayer players are a small amount; there still too many admins. (Bad thing) About the disadvantage,  Multiplayer is little-known at all. No technical exchange between clans and clans. I heard there are many European players keep playing this game for years; it is not similar in china. Many Chinese clan players their relationships more like a family. Chat like a family, play other games even have dinner in reality.

If there is an opportunity in the future could make Chinese players and European players have a fair match, which side is more competitive?

We do have a lot of high-level players, but they are low key most of the time. If there is an opportunity to make us fight in the same environment, I don't think the Chinese team will much weaker than the European side. Although I think it is hard to get a champion, we will make an impression on global players.
In the end, I hope the Chinese teams could have more opportunities to join a global tournament such as the Nation's Cup. We do have a significant amount of players; hope game companies take their responsibility on organization and publicity.

Thanks for the interview Shiroin. With the China team partaking in the NC, it's the perfect timing to have interviews with people the Asian community, especially for people like me who are not familiar with the scene at all.

Back
Top Bottom