[BladeCast - Interview] XiaoShanZha - Chinese Captain

Users who are viewing this thread

Contents_Header.png

With the recent announcement of Bannerlord Early Access set to March 2020, excitement has been growing inside the community for what could possibly be one of the very last tournaments on Mount & Blade Warband. Obviously, with Bannerlord itself having been announced a while back, the rumours of tournaments being hosted for the very last time go back far in time, so much so that it ended up becoming a well-established joke within the competitive community. For that reason, erring on the side of caution remains the safest approach as it still is to be seen how the game will be received once its access is spread to a larger public.

Nevertheless, there is no arguing that March of next year will be a month awaited by many players of the community, competitive or not, and for that reason, the upcoming tournaments set for the end of this year ( Nations Cup 2019 ) and the beginning of the next one ( Warband Native League 8 ) might be looked back at some of the very last competitions ever played on the game. In the case of the 10th edition of the Nations Cup, applications just closed the Saturday 28th of September, and we are now in the second week of the competition.

To accompany you in this competition, BladeCast_TV will be publishing a series of contents which we hope will help you to enjoy this tournament to its full extent. Below, you can find a list of some of our upcoming articles, as well as those already published.

In this article XiaoShanZha, the captain of the Chinese team, answers a few questions about the Chinese scene in general and about his teams chances in this NC.

BladeCast Interview - XiaoShanZha | Chinese Captain

This is the first Nations Cup that a Chinese team has entered. Why did your team decide to take part in the competition this year?

First of all, I'd say it's a very fantastic experience to join an international tournament. Warband mp is not very popular around the world, I think it's good for everyone to have worldwide communication. And we know maybe it's the last NC because of Bannerlord, so we decided to make something together.

Most European and American players are unfamiliar with the Chinese scene; we know that in China matches are played 10v10, but how many teams are there which take part in tournaments?

In Chinese Warband League 7 which lasts from July to September, we have 22 teams covering more than 500 players in the tournament.

Since the Chinese scene is quite big, does the Chinese team in this NC take players from all over China or are the majority from one or two clans?

The majority of them including me are from HorN who has crowned three times in CWL history, also have some amazing players like Creeper or P from other clans. It's a pity that we can't pick all best players due to region and ping factors. Those that live in northern China could get better ping than the south.

Which class would you say your team is the strongest in (infantry, archer or cavalry) and who are your key players in each class?

I think our three classes are balanced because most of us have played together for years, cavalries may be the most important part because they are more stable than other classes under high ping even though bumpstab is very hard now. For archer is Shinvon_Wings, for cavalry is Mthao, for infantry is P and me, we also have Creeper who can play all three classes very well.

XiaoShanZha said:
"I think our three classes are balanced because most of us have played together for years"[...]

Your team impressed a lot of the international community with your performance (despite pings between 110 and 145) against UKII. Does this result give you confidence that your team can get a top position in Group C?

I don't think so, we have already lost one match and I think only the team who has no lose in Group Stage could be on the top. But we will practice more harder to adapt this match's rhythm and prepare well for our following opponents. The only thing we could do is do our best.

Do you think that your team, or other Chinese teams, might be interested in taking part in more international tournaments in the future?

For me personally, yes, I'm keen on taking part in tournaments. If we have chance we would like to take part in, but some of our players don't like to play under high ping.

Finally, who do you think will win the Nations Cup in the end?

I don't know much about EU nation teams, I bet on Turkey, France or UKI.

[size=6pt]ARTICLE BROUGHT TO YOU BY @BLADECAST_TV, CUSTOM GRAPHICS BY @ROSSLINGTON  ARTICLE WRITTEN BY @MaBGIBBY

Back
Top Bottom