Managing your Kingdom Fiefs

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi everybody,

I have recently created my own kingdom. But I have a big problem, every time I give a fief to a vassal, most of the other vassals lose a lot of relation to me. So my question is simple, how do you give a fief to someone without everyone else hating you for it?

Thanks in advance.

There are 2 main methods:
1) Hold a lot of feasts
2) They way I do it

The way I do it 
High honor

Lords have different personalities...there are like 6 or 8 different types but I lump them all into 2 categories... 1) Honorable or 2)Worthless.

Honorable lords (they are called Upstanding or Good Natured in the game) have higher relation with you according to how high your honor is. They mostly don't lose relation with you when you give fiefs to other people (once in a while you lose a few points when you give a fief to someone they really don't like but it doesn't happen enough to be a problem.) These are the only lords I give castles or towns to.

Worthless lords I give villages to. They will lose relation with you every time you give a fief out and will eventually defect but, so what. They can't take the village with them and until they do defect they hang around keeping the bandit population down.

Well, I do things exactly as you!

I currently have 395 honor. Among my 15 vassals I have 9 devoted to me. I gave all my castles and the town I didn't want to them and gave villages to the others. So your advice would be to continue like this and not care about the others?

Also, you mentioned that they are called Upstanding or Good Natured. Where can I find this information? I searched but didn't find it.
EDIT : I saw in the wiki that personnalities are not explicitly told in the game, no wonder I didn't find it^^

The only way I've seen the personality labels of lords is in the mod system. I am not sure there is an in-game way to see it in Native.
I haven't used the Diplomacy mod but I think it lets you see lord personalities.
The wiki https://mountandblade.fandom.com/wiki/Vassals tells you how to figure out personalities based on their dialog.

But I just look at what their relation with me is...if a lord has over 50 relation with me they almost certainly are one of the Honorable types...unless I've rescued them from prison half a dozen times.

Only thing with this is that good natured and upstanding lords are very hard to get. I usually throw in a couple of high renown martial lords in too. The rest, like you said just give them villages and forget about them. Even if they have -100 relations with you they will still protect the lands and siege.

Back
Top Bottom