New Blog Schedule

Users who are viewing this thread

[parsehtml]Let me start by apologising for the lack of a blog last week. We are truly sorry to have kept you waiting and I am personally sorry for announcing that it would come 1 day later. We have been discussing switching to a new schedule so we can divert some more attention to the ongoing beta and there was some confusion about whether this new schedule went into effect last week. So, the new schedule... From now on, we will be posting blogs every fortnight. We feel that this will be much more manageable in the long term and allow us to put more effort into both the blogs and with engaging with our players in the ongoing beta. We know this might be a little disappointing for some of you, but we feel that this is the best option moving forward. [/parsehtml]

It's not us that need to manage our expectations, it's TW that needs to learn to not set expectations they can't keep up with. They set the blog to be on Thursday every two weeks, not me. Neither did community demand that to be the rule, though need for more regular devblogs was quite vocal. Keeping your own schedule is something that one should at least be expected to do, so I really don't see how they 'don't have to'.

Horik6697 said:
FBohler said:
This doesn't take out the fact that TW is failing miserably at delivering half baked devblogs in a loose schedule.

Yeah, but is TW a game dev. company or a entertainment blog? They don't have to excel at the art of writing blogs, neither they have to deliver it in schedule. The community must learn how to manage their expectations...

My expectations were 3 paragraphs of news (maybe refurbished from old blogs) every two weeks. My expectations didn't come from my dreams, TW has set them.

And I'm not even demanding a devblog, I'm just stating the obvious: they're having a hard time keeping their simplest promises.

JuanNieve said:
Where is the madafaking devblog?
f66.png

Back
Top Bottom