Disappointment and frustration in taleworlds

Users who are viewing this thread

As someone who has played m&b warband on console only and has no wish to purchase for PC, I must say you guys dropped the ball. And I believe at your current trajectory, you are gonna lose your console player base on your inability to at least consider getting us something as simple as cheats, let alone mods/dlc. I can see not giving us mods due constraints involving Microsoft and tech issues. But dlc? Cheats? Really guys? I hope you all the success in the PC community, but the console community is learning to tell the difference in how much care a company puts into its ports and y'all are gonna fail. Just my 2 cents.

Onikami78 said:
As someone who has played m&b warband on console only and has no wish to purchase for PC, I must say you guys dropped the ball. And I believe at your current trajectory, you are gonna lose your console player base on your inability to at least consider getting us something as simple as cheats, let alone mods/dlc. I can see not giving us mods due constraints involving Microsoft and tech issues. But dlc? Cheats? Really guys? I hope you all the success in the PC community, but the console community is learning to tell the difference in how much care a company puts into its ports and y'all are gonna fail. Just my 2 cents.

It was a crappy port made for some cash to support them more, they didn't expect as much people to buy it, at this point most people stopped complaining, you are not doing yourself any good spamming the forum

NUQAR'S Kentucky "Nuqar" James XXL said:
On the contrary, I don't blame anyone for venting about this. There was a whole trailer for this, even a mini hype cycle, and they're still selling it. Even the moderator of this board is mad.
I mean, I have played the console version since it came out, and I see a couple new people ever once in a while, my frustrations just went away

Booooooooooo they turned their backs on their own creation, sad part is 95%
Of us console players just want a dam cheat menu, were not asking to play as god.

A actually cheat activation menu no need for a bs excuse about controller layout for a menu.

****ter games have made it happen, your games are good your fans love what we can do were just asking for this that seems more then doable or reasonable for your fan base.

I feel your pain. I'm a console gamer through-and-through; I discovered this beauty for myself in the PS4 shop and after purchasing it I fell in love within the first 15 minutes of gameplay, and sunk more hours into it then I care to admit. Since then, however, I've picked it up for PC. Heck, I bootcamped my Mac just to play this game the way it was meant to be played (on the Windows platform). It's the ONLY game I play on the computer - I hate mouse and keyboard, I hate dealing with the Windows OS, I just detest gaming on PC, but this game is soooo worth it. The computer version is so much more than the vanilla experience, it's really multiple games in one. Its value far surpasses just about any single game purchase you could possibly make. It's truly a shame that the console version is in the state that it is in, and it most likely will not change in the future, but trust me when I say: this is not a console game. I loved playing this game on the PS4, but when I experienced it on the computer.... It became my absolute favorite of all time. Viking Conquest, Napoleonic Wars, A World of Ice and Fire, none of these will probably ever be experienced on the console, and that is a true shame (I'm not even going to go into how awkward and wonky the console controls are compared to the PC). If you have the means, even if you don't like PC gaming, get a rig, bootcamp your Mac, find a way because the console port is barely a shadow of what the PC version is.

What really sucks is that bannerlord wont be released on consoles when it drops for pc, and may never come to console at all. Ive been considering selling the xbox and getting a pc. I have thousands of hours in console though and hate the idea of relearning on keyboard and mouse

I've never really understood this. I've been gaming on console my entire life, as well as PC. Controllers, well, they blow. There's few inputs, they give you very little control over your aim or direction, they wear out fairly quickly, they give me tendinitis and carpal tunnel in a couple weeks and I never have issues with my M+KB. The only exception is when games have horrendously mapped controls and don't provide rebinding, which should be a mainstay of any PC game in this day and age. (cough, dark souls, cough.)

Honestly, once you use one for a few weeks, regularly playing games, it ceases to feel awkward and instead feels incredibly natural (to me).

What specifically do you not like about M+KB just out of curiosity?

At any rate, yeah, it sucks that they haven't provided proper support for you guys, but honestly, I'm greedy enough to throw consoles under the bus in favor of an earlier Bannerlord release.

Nocturnalx36 said:
I've never really understood this. I've been gaming on console my entire life, as well as PC. Controllers, well, they blow. There's few inputs, they give you very little control over your aim or direction, they wear out fairly quickly, they give me tendinitis and carpal tunnel in a couple weeks and I never have issues with my M+KB. The only exception is when games have horrendously mapped controls and don't provide rebinding, which should be a mainstay of any PC game in this day and age. (cough, dark souls, cough.)
Really? The opposite is true for me. I constantly get aches in my wrist when using M&K.

Nocturnalx36 said:
Honestly, once you use one for a few weeks, regularly playing games, it ceases to feel awkward and instead feels incredibly natural (to me).

What specifically do you not like about M+KB just out of curiosity?
I personally find M&K very, very clunky and uncomfortable. Yes it's true that you get more control over, well, the controls, but playing with M&K on let's say a couch... really annoying. You're kind of relegated to playing on a computer desk. It's much less comfortable compared to a dual analog controller. Playing FPSs with M&K is a lot less enjoyable in my opinion than playing with a controller (though aiming and moving is much faster and more responsive with M&K). I enjoy using the joysticks for movement, the triggers, bumpers, the feel of the rumble... all of that much more than WASD and mouse. It's really just personal preference. But, with that said, there are games out there that just don't work with controllers - Mount & Blade is one such game; the console controls are atrocious, and the game really shines on PC for so many reasons.

Nocturnalx36 said:
At any rate, yeah, it sucks that they haven't provided proper support for you guys, but honestly, I'm greedy enough to throw consoles under the bus in favor of an earlier Bannerlord release.
Ha! Agreed.

So I've decided I MIGHT rent bannerlord from redbox if it comes to console, but since you guys wanted to be pains about console editions, I'm done with taleworlds. You guys have an awesome game on xbox/ps4, but you let the console community down. In this day and age, can you afford that? If all you care about is PC, don't port to us without some commitment. This is me just ranting a little but my resolve is true. You lost a customer. How many more you interested in losing?

Back
Top Bottom