Suggestion for a Mod or DLC. Most likely DLC ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Younes123 said:
Horrux said:
R4MPZY said:
While a co-op SP campaign, or MP campaign would be cool, i'm pretty sure the devs dropped that idea because of major syncing issues on both sides. ( pretty sure there was a dev blog about it years ago ).

So i'm not holding my breath modders can fix it.
True, and this is not a co-op or mp "campaign". It is a bit of a hybrid, bringing in both the best of multiplayer and the most essential mechanics of the campaign, without BEING a campaign. This seems like an objection rather than an inquiry as to how or whether this would be feasible. The short answer is YES.

How do I know this for a fact?

All of the mechanics involved exist, either somewhere in the M&B series or in other games. Is it a major rework (or rather, DIFFERENT TAKE) on multiplayer play? DEFINITELY! It is definitely so because it adds an element of strategic importance (or not, depending) to a battle. You aren't just "playing a match", you're defending Suno! If the enemy take it, they are that much closer to winning and you, to losing!

So as a lord, where you send your troops is important in many ways: are they going to get decimated and set you back financially and time-wise? Are they going to defend something that won't get attacked and therefore serve no purpose?

And as a player, if you are good and are part of a clan or group of skilled players, queuing for that all-important battle with evenly tied forces is going to make the difference. Or will it? Because the enemy is also looking at that same battle with interest.

There will be battles that are too unevenly matched to be of any interest to trigger an actual match for, but hey, I'm sure Bannerlord has autocalc!

Bottom line, this is a hybrid of the campaign, multiplayer, with some elements that belong in a co-op/MP campaign... Something for EVERYONE!

This sounds like the caladric campaign from the mount and blade subreddit. Keeping this as a community event is better then making this into a dlc.
How is it better? Again, you state an objection without full knowledge. Why do you do this?

I don't wish to sound mean but this is totally not the right time to be posting topics like this. It's closed beta testing and you're posting a topic about a complete overhaul, pretty much an entirely new game.

Reuven said:
I don't wish to sound mean but this is totally not the right time to be posting topics like this. It's closed beta testing and you're posting a topic about a complete overhaul, pretty much an entirely new game.
Which is why I am opening the discussion of it AS A DLC, an EXPANSION, a... NEW MODE. It's not going to distract anyone from TaleWorlds from working on and finishing Bannerlord, to DISCUSS where we are headed ONCE IT IS DONE. But it's a massive idea, and DISCUSSING IT is the way to make people understand that this is going to be THE ULTIMATE multiplayer Bannerlord experience. This is something you yourself obviously do not understand. If you did, you would say, yes, we need to polish the idea so that once Bannerlord is done, we can present our vision to TaleWorlds and it will be something they can see happening.

I'm not hindering anything today. I am providing the foundation for a wonder of tomorrow. And as a community, discussing it and polishing the idea is not going to harm anything.

What you still don't like it? FINE, THERE ARE OTHER THREADS. Go away. WTF is this about "I WANT TO SHUT DOWN YOUR THREAD"? Normally when you see something that's not worth discussing, the normal reaction is to move on. No, your antagonism signifies that you are envious that this is not your idea and it does have the potential to become THE ULTIMATE BANNERLORD EXPERIENCE.

And please, anyone whose stance is "I don't think we should be discussing this"... ----> ] Door to the rest of this vast forum.

By saying "THE ULTIMATE multiplayer Bannerlord experience", you're setting a pretty high goal but it seems to me, you're not beating a dead horse, you're beating a horse that hasn't been born yet.  How many players to you envision participating simultaneously?

Lord Brutus said:
By saying "THE ULTIMATE multiplayer Bannerlord experience", you're setting a pretty high goal but it seems to me, you're not beating a dead horse, you're beating a horse that hasn't been born yet.  How many players to you envision participating simultaneously?
The number is unlimited. You can have 10 million players simultaneously.

Not on the same battlefield of course, since the Bannerlord servers will support however many it supports. Will it be 256 players? If so, then yeah, that many. How do we have 10 million players participating then? Well on the overland map, the number of lords that the game COULD support is... I don't know! Do you? This is one reason I speak of a truly massive map size. Say you have 200 factions (independent lords, barons, counts, dukes, kings) with an average of 10 lords each, that's 2,000 lords (players) moving their armies on the overland map simultaneously, visually in (semi) real-time... "Visually" because of course the fog of war prevents you from seeing very far around your party or parties. Remember, it doesn't have to be just one warband, it could be multiple, as in one plus small scouting parties, reinforcement parties, and so on. Or maybe the map is the size of actual Europe, the UK, Western Asia, Northern Africa and the Middle-East and that brings us to a possibility of many thousands of lords?

So, wait, say we're limited to a war with "only" 25,000 concurrent players moving their war parties on the overland map? What if we have 50,000 players wanting to join? Obviously you can have any number of "Medieval War for the Known World" events ongoing at any moment. You join a war, you join a faction, build your warband with your share of your faction's resources, out of your faction's culturally appropriate troop tree, you pay their maintenance from your war funding from your kingdom and whatever else you earn from winning fights for example.

It could be that everybody starts with only recruits and they get leveled up either through training or through battle experience. Then just like in SP their equipment, stats, skills and cost all increase. You could have a small number of elite troops, a large number of low tier troops, anything in-between, you decide. Only, don't go bankrupt. There could even be capturing troops and, upon bringing them back to a faction city, adding them to the kingdom's pool of manpower... or simply ransoming them for some cash.

So you have thousands of players moving their warbands around on the overland map, and then enemy warbands meet up, triggering a battlefield. Then for the next half-hour of real time, other players can bring in their forces. The setup I have seen didn't have a time limit, players could add troops during the whole affair, but whatever. Then after that, say 30 minutes of "getting ready to fight" time, the battle opens for being played on a server. When the server populates enough, the battle starts, say 800 Germans against 1100 Bohemians, with whatever troops were brought in by the players. Field battle, Village, Castle, City, whatever. The multiplayer match begins, with whatever number of players the Bannerlord servers allow, soldiers are killed, wounded, knocked out, captured, and so on until one side wins.

So at any given moment, as a player, you may move or not move your warbands. Then you look at the map, see what battles are open to populate for your faction, you bring your buddies to where you want to play, you fight that battle. The frontline moves. You have succeeded or failed to bring your faction closer to victory.

Horrux said:
Lord Brutus said:

Not on the same battlefield of course, since the Bannerlord servers will support however many it supports. Will it be 256 players? If so, then yeah, that many. How do we have 10 million players participating then? Well on the overland map, the number of lords that the game COULD support is... I don't know! Do you? This is one reason I speak of a truly massive map size. Say you have 200 factions (independent lords, barons, counts, dukes, kings) with an average of 10 lords each, that's 2,000 lords (players) moving their armies on the overland map simultaneously, visually in (semi) real-time... "Visually" because of course the fog of war prevents you from seeing very far around your party or parties. Remember, it doesn't have to be just one warband, it could be multiple, as in one plus small scouting parties, reinforcement parties, and so on. Or maybe the map is the size of actual Europe, the UK, Western Asia, Northern Africa and the Middle-East and that brings us to a possibility of many thousands of lords?

So, wait, say we're limited to a war with "only" 25,000 concurrent players moving their war parties on the overland map? What if we have 50,000 players wanting to join? Obviously you can have any number of "Medieval War for the Known World" events ongoing at any moment. You join a war, you join a faction, build your warband with your share of your faction's resources, out of your faction's culturally appropriate troop tree, you pay their maintenance from your war funding from your kingdom and whatever else you earn from winning fights for example.

It could be that everybody starts with only recruits and they get leveled up either through training or through battle experience. Then just like in SP their equipment, stats, skills and cost all increase. You could have a small number of elite troops, a large number of low tier troops, anything in-between, you decide. Only, don't go bankrupt. There could even be capturing troops and, upon bringing them back to a faction city, adding them to the kingdom's pool of manpower... or simply ransoming them for some cash.

You know, sometimes i dream about those kind of massive campaigns in multiplayer and think about how i could lead my own men and have thousands of players listening to my orders and have some epic fight.

But it's a dream.

Lord Brutus said:
you're setting a pretty high goal but it seems to me, you're not beating a dead horse, you're beating a horse that hasn't been born yet. 

Pretty much this

Younes123 said:
Horrux said:
Lord Brutus said:

You know, sometimes i dream about those kind of massive campaigns in multiplayer and think about how i could lead my own men and have thousands of players listening to my orders and have some epic fight.

But it's a dream.

Lord Brutus said:
you're setting a pretty high goal but it seems to me, you're not beating a dead horse, you're beating a horse that hasn't been born yet. 

Pretty much this
Yes, that's a dream. Did I say other players would obey you or to anyone? Hello?

Such massive campaigns ALREADY EXIST in multiplayer games. Nobody is the boss of anybody. You send your warband where you want it, and you go play whatever battle appeals to you.

But of course there needs to be a faction chat, where players agree on actions they want to take. Or play solo agent if that's their thing, obviously.

Horrux said:
Younes123 said:
Horrux said:
Lord Brutus said:

But it's a dream.

Lord Brutus said:

Pretty much this
Yes, that's a dream. Did I say other players would obey you or to anyone? Hello?

???

I'm pointing out that your dream is not feasible on such a massive scale.

Younes123 said:
Horrux said:
Younes123 said:
Horrux said:
Lord Brutus said:

But it's a dream.

Lord Brutus said:

Pretty much this

???

I'm pointing out that you are ABSOLUTELY wrong, since there is already an implementation of a similar idea that exists.

See, if instead of going "NO BECAUSE", you went "Wait, what about...?" or "I don't understand how...?" Then we could have a conversation. But you are taking a very adversarial angle on this. Instead of imaginary objections, questions are MUCH more productive.

Horrux said:
Younes123 said:
Horrux said:
Younes123 said:
Horrux said:
Lord Brutus said:

But it's a dream.

Lord Brutus said:

Pretty much this

???

I'm pointing out that you are ABSOLUTELY wrong, since there is already an implementation of a similar idea that exists.

Since you're delusional and believe having 2000 lords, 200 factions and "10 million players simultaneously" all in multiplayer is feasible i believe we should just let all the developing in your hands.

Younes123 said:
Horrux said:
Younes123 said:
Horrux said:
Younes123 said:
Horrux said:
Lord Brutus said:

But it's a dream.

Lord Brutus said:

Pretty much this

???

Since you're delusional and believe having 2000 lords, 200 factions and "10 million players simultaneously" all in multiplayer is feasible i believe we should just let all the developing in your hands.
Across an appropriate number of servers, yes.

See, once again an imaginary objection instead of a question. Why take such an adversarial approach? Oh I get it... Your objective is to make my thread unreadable so that other people can't realize how fantastically awesome this idea is. And it isn't even hard to implement.

Most of what it needs is the battlefield management from the overland map correctly creating the right battles on servers. Most of the rest is already in Bannerlord itself. Or at least, it's in Warband, so I'm counting on it being in Bannerlord. :wink:

Horrux said:
Younes123 said:
Horrux said:
Younes123 said:
Horrux said:
Younes123 said:
Horrux said:
Lord Brutus said:

But it's a dream.

Lord Brutus said:

Pretty much this

???

And it isn't even hard to implement.

Honestly since this seems like a joke, i will just leave it to this quote

Younes123 said:
Horrux said:
Younes123 said:
Horrux said:
Younes123 said:
Horrux said:
Younes123 said:
Horrux said:
Lord Brutus said:

But it's a dream.

Lord Brutus said:

Pretty much this

???

Which part seems hard to implement to you? Thousands of people looking at an overland map and clicking to move their troops around?

Or the part where these warbands trigger battlefields which are then each played on its own game server?

Horrux said:
Younes123 said:
Horrux said:
Younes123 said:
Horrux said:
Younes123 said:
Horrux said:
Younes123 said:
Horrux said:
Lord Brutus said:

But it's a dream.

Lord Brutus said:

Pretty much this

???

Which part seems hard to implement to you? Thousands of people looking at an overland map and clicking to move their troops around?

Or the part where these warbands trigger battlefields which are then each played on its own game server?

You said its yourself.

"Thousands of people looking at an overland map and clicking to move their troops around"

There is a reason why warband had no co-op campaign. Desync is one of them

Horrux said:
Reuven said:
Which is why I am opening the discussion of it AS A DLC, an EXPANSION, a... NEW MODE. It's not going to distract anyone from TaleWorlds from working on and finishing Bannerlord, to DISCUSS where we are headed ONCE IT IS DONE. But it's a massive idea, and DISCUSSING IT is the way to make people understand that this is going to be THE ULTIMATE multiplayer Bannerlord experience. This is something you yourself obviously do not understand. If you did, you would say, yes, we need to polish the idea so that once Bannerlord is done, we can present our vision to TaleWorlds and it will be something they can see happening.

I'm not hindering anything today. I am providing the foundation for a wonder of tomorrow. And as a community, discussing it and polishing the idea is not going to harm anything.

What you still don't like it? FINE, THERE ARE OTHER THREADS. Go away. WTF is this about "I WANT TO SHUT DOWN YOUR THREAD"? Normally when you see something that's not worth discussing, the normal reaction is to move on. No, your antagonism signifies that you are envious that this is not your idea and it does have the potential to become THE ULTIMATE BANNERLORD EXPERIENCE.

And please, anyone whose stance is "I don't think we should be discussing this"... ----> ] Door to the rest of this vast forum.

You are nuts mate. As Lord Brutus said, you're beating a horse than hasn't even been born yet. Have fun with your 10 million players and YOUR overuse of capital LETTERS. I'm out :lol:

Younes123 said:
Horrux said:
Younes123 said:
Horrux said:
Younes123 said:
Horrux said:
Younes123 said:
Horrux said:
Younes123 said:
Horrux said:
Lord Brutus said:

But it's a dream.

Lord Brutus said:

Pretty much this

???

You said its yourself.

"Thousands of people looking at an overland map and clicking to move their troops around"

There is a reason why warband had no co-op campaign. Desync is one of them
How are other games doing it? Magic? I want to add that one such implementation is by much less talented and less well-funded or established coders than TaleWorlds. And this is *NOT* a co-op campaign. How many times do I have to write that?

Such adversity. It seems nobody can discuss an idea; instead everybody comes with THEIR preconceived ideas of what this is or isn't, and imagine objections that have nothing to do with the matter at hand.

Wouldn't it be better if we had constructive conversations instead of purely adversarial interactions?

Horrux said:
Such adversity. It seems nobody can discuss an idea; instead everybody comes with THEIR preconceived ideas of what this is or isn't, and imagine objections that have nothing to do with the matter at hand.

Wouldn't it be better if we had constructive conversations instead of purely adversarial interactions?

We telling you the idea is unachievable.

Younes123 said:
Horrux said:

We telling you the idea is unachievable.
But achieved elsewhere. Nice.

No, what you are telling me is that YOUR idea of what I present is unachievable. Instead of asking about my idea to get a better understanding of WHY it is very very achievable, you remain stuck in your imagination that it isn't.

It's not productive at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom