SP - Player, NPCs & Troops The Great Poll about textile Colour

Users who are viewing this thread

I really dont care whether this is historically accurate or not, it's just ridiculous and an eyesore. The peasants all match and have more flamboyant clothing than the royalty and elite troops.
John the Roleplayer said:
blog_post_97_taleworldswebsite_03.jpg
^Probably my favorite example. The sergeants' all look really nice with either dark red overcoats or a bit peaking out from under chainmail. The peasants on the other hand... All wearing the same shirt, brighter red than the fresh blood on them  :sad:

Big old NO from me as well.

I think disabling the colours would be an easy mod. I’d like it to be an option but I don’t like the whole telly tubby power ranger look. I can see why people would want it though so I think it needs to be an option.

I find it very, very, very interesting that people get their immersion destroyed by dyed cloth but are okay with hundreds of flat sprites floating over troops heads.

:shifty:

Ps: yes, the yellow peasants looked ridiculously bad  :lol:

Didn't know the results of this poll could be so ambiguous, i really tought everyone hated this implementation of colors...
But hey, that's why we have polls in the first place.
Nice OP and the following meme, damn it Terco, now i have to up my game in OPing in new threads . . .

Terco_Viejo said:
This vote is mainly focused on the SP section of the game
This change my opinion about it but I did a mistake and voted "yes".
However, as I already stated, I'm not really against it but it could toned down for lower tier units like peasants.

FBohler said:
I find it very, very, very interesting that people get their immersion destroyed by dyed cloth but are okay with hundreds of flat sprites floating over troops heads.

:shifty:

Ps: yes, the yellow peasants looked ridiculously bad  :lol:

Even in the Beta options, I have it turned off.  :lol:
3uj1c.jpg

---
I really don't understand when, this:

mount-blade-warband-25081.jpg

mount-blade-warband-25083.jpg

mount-blade-warband-25092.jpg

1.39-inf4.jpg

It mutated into this:
327384.jpg

blog_post_77_taleworldswebsite_03.gif

Certainly, and I say this with the hand over my heart I would not want Bannerlord (in this aspect) to ultimately become the eschatological result of enormous proportions as seen here.
maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

The problem is this solution is applied in practically all models. If you notice the color faction visually burst on all the white linen fabrics (white/natural color).
I don't know if Taleworlds is willing to handle the "problem"; of course a step forward would be to "drastically" reduce the saturation of the color faction applied to the fabrics as well discussed here.

My opinion: There is no place for teletubies in mount and blade SP.

Hell no!

This:
ss_8a6172316e586a468a70ec007668e0dff97152d7.1920x1080.jpg

is a hell of a lot better than this:
thumb-1920-727344.jpg

Just add a couple good looking banners to the first pic and we've got ourselves a game!

Speaking of which, Terco is it possible to Tercosketch some banners into the first image?

I think the differentiation should be very subtle. Like with small patches of colour here and there, not fully coloured uniforms. Terco's points are very good, only the banners and the design on shields may be enough.

RoboSenshi said:
Hell no!

This:
ss_8a6172316e586a468a70ec007668e0dff97152d7.1920x1080.jpg

is a hell of a lot better than this:
thumb-1920-727344.jpg

Just add a couple good looking banners to the first pic and we've got ourselves a game!

Speaking of which, Terco is it possible to Tercosketch some banners into the first image?

Amen to this !
Maybe Lancer approval may not be as valuable as a Terco approval but there you have it  :wink:

I wouldnt turn banners on neither, pressing alt to see who is friendly is more than enough for me !

Sure they went a bit over the top with saturation and lack of diversity, but this is very easy to work around.

The ideal game would be 100% playable without circles above troops heads without severing anybody's eyes with saturated armies on the screen.

Even though I applaud using colors for clothing in game, (dye was available during the period in which the game is set, and wasn't that expensive apart from some colors), I don't think every single piece of cloth/wood should be the same bright color just to see which soldier to stab and which to not stab.

All brown/grey-ish is terrible too though, middle ages were not brown, and there was not some kind of brown light shining that made everything have some kind of 'muddy look'. There were colors, but I think as some said don't 'paint' the entire outfit. Small parts, like shields with heraldry, parts of clothing with heraldry stitched on it, the type of clothing/armor they use, the type of weapons they fight with. Combine those things together and you get recognizable troops, while not ending up with a battlefield painted by a 3 year old. (note, Do not introduce 3 year old children to battlefields like Bannerlord has :wink: ) And at the same time, you can change up the color of the clothing, gambeson with different colors for everyone, while still being able to tell who fights for/against who. Should make for a much more realistic looking battle in my opinion. and in this case, more realism will make the game much more fun to play I think.

I'm not opposed to using color in clothing on the battlefield to denote sides. The amount and vibrancy of color (especially on recruits) though definitely needs to be toned down, otherwise it seems too cartoonish.

An idea :idea: what if we use the banner carriers, which we know are coming back new and improved, better than ever (as Callum said), as a focus point for faction color? 
Recruits and most units would have 90% natural, neutral colors -- if there is 10% of color, it would be on their shields, sashes, helmets, or scarf. But the banner carrier in each unit would be in fully dyed clothes to represent the faction.

To me it preserves the immediate recognizability of what side a troop of units is on, while avoiding the cartoonish monocolors we've seen recently.

FBohler said:
[...]

The ideal game would be 100% playable without circles above troops heads without severing anybody's eyes with saturated armies on the screen.

I agree. However, I always played Warband without the friend indicators, it was absolutely playable that way. That's why I also think some subtle distinctions between factions and clans would be enough.

I would agree with scheme of colors for factions but  not a single one that don't fit well with a medieval game. So i answered yes but maybe i should have say no.

I don't like those colours distinctions, we had them just in campaign map and it was enough, if you want to know who is on your side just activate banners on friendly troops (I always play without that for an obvious reason: inmersion). But making each faction so colourfull makes the game less inmersive, I don't think that peasants on those times were able to paint so much their clothes. Anyways, it looks like taleworlds is always trying to make their game more family friendly and breaking inmersion. Hope they think twice about those kind of things. As Terco said, green good, red bad... what the **** guys, aren't we able to know which faction are we fighting for? I'm a Sturgian Lord so do I need to all Sturgia to be green and the rest of the factions I'm fighting with red? Or can I know that sturgia is blue and the rest has it's own colours? I would admit it in mods like 1257 a.d. but in native with 6 factions???

FBohler I don't think that people that hates this colourfull differentiation enjoys floating banners on each troop. I think that we all agree that this could be in the "Alt" function. Anyways I absolutely understand that people enjoys the colourfull textiles and the green/red ally/enemy function. But we are here to give our opinion.

As always sorry for my english.

Back
Top Bottom