Noob help lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey anyone know if you can take a castle without swearing allegiance to a faction? ( I'm on ps4) and I really don't want to bow to another faction to get my castle. So if anyone knows tell me asap please. Much thanks kind ser/lady in advance.

You can, but you'll be fair game for any faction that wants a shiny new castle, and of course the faction you took it from will be at war with you for a very long time.

Oh thank you kind ser! Just 1 more question about it, how do you do it though? I've clicked on castles but it only gives 2 option. Either request a meeting or request entry. There's no attack option so I'm confused

Hello,

I think the simplest way is to attack a caravan or two, for example, that belongs to the faction of the castle you want to have.
Then, by clicking on that castle, you normally should be able to besiege it  :party:

Taking the castle is the easy part; holding it against all of the factions who decide that they'd like an easy acquisition will be harder.  First step (BEFORE you take that castle) is to get on good terms with someone in the faction of the castle you intend to take.  AFTER you take the castle, find that Lord and offer to pay reparations to end the war.  It may cost you several thousand, but it will put you at peace with your first and biggest threat.  THEN you need to worry about all of the other factions randomly declaring war on you, and building up a big enough garrison to make it seem like a bad idea to attack it.

Your strategic knowledge is valuable indeed my lord. This has been noted for the wars to come. However this faction that I am to take from, my intention is to wipe them out. I don't particularly want to play nice with them. Also by the look of it on the map, they seem to be slowly eaten by other factions. Their territory looks as though its become smaller. I basically want to eat them and take their place and to expand slowly bringing the people of Calradia under the banner of the Dova

Honved said:
Taking the castle is the easy part; holding it against all of the factions who decide that they'd like an easy acquisition will be harder.  First step (BEFORE you take that castle) is to get on good terms with someone in the faction of the castle you intend to take.  AFTER you take the castle, find that Lord and offer to pay reparations to end the war.  It may cost you several thousand, but it will put you at peace with your first and biggest threat.  THEN you need to worry about all of the other factions randomly declaring war on you, and building up a big enough garrison to make it seem like a bad idea to attack it.

I don't remember seeing the "reparations" option so I am pretty sure that must be in the Diplomacy mod.
(I might be the only long-time player who has never used Diplomacy)
Can ps4 players use mods?

There are no mods for ps4.  A moderator moved this thread to the wrong place.  The reparations he's talking about involve, e.g., attacking a caravan belonging to another faction without being at war.  Your relation with that faction drops below zero and you must pay a certain amount to bring it back to zero.

TalosOmega said:
Your strategic knowledge is valuable indeed my lord. This has been noted for the wars to come. However this faction that I am to take from, my intention is to wipe them out. I don't particularly want to play nice with them. Also by the look of it on the map, they seem to be slowly eaten by other factions. Their territory looks as though its become smaller. I basically want to eat them and take their place and to expand slowly bringing the people of Calradia under the banner of the Dova

That's a good way to do as well. I indeed tried it (and successed). From my experience, I think you should look up how they are BEING at war with other factions.

I find it annoying that even with only one castle left, if they are left to recover, the vassals of that faction can still form a big army, total up to around 1000, and they can recover quite fast. It's more convenient if there are other factions being at war with the faction you are planning to fight.

However, you should take notes whether they began the war recently or for a long time (read the game's notes on factions). If they have been at war for a long time, there's a high chance that they make peace so that the faction you are planning to fight can focus on fighting you. That indeed looks like they really hate you, their rather make peace instead of finishing off that declining faction so that that faction can beat you. (They would make peace even in cases where if you leave them alone, the losing faction would be eliminated, you reload from some time before, declare war and suddenly the winning faction decide to accept peace offer to peacefully keep what they took.)

Other thing you should mind when you choose your target castle/town if you plan to eliminate that faction: you better take a castle/town that has always belonged to that faction; Otherwise you would raise the chance the faction(s) who used to have that castle/town attack you to reclaim old territory (even if they are not the original owner, just hold it for a while then lost it to other faction).

Valuable advice my lord/lady. I just recently took my 1st castle but I was immediately attacked by 2 factions. Trying to defend my poor peasants. I stopped 3 attacks. 1st attack had 100+ men to my 80. Then straight after a army of 90+ attacked me straight after the 1st attempt. 90+ v 70. I beat them back, but the 3rd attack was pretty much right after beating the previous. 60 v 80. The 4th I had to abandon the village there wasn't anything I could do as this army had 100+  :sad:  I went on a recruitment campaign and told the common folk of a true king, Dova. My forces will deliver an appropriate response to my enemies. BURN THEM ALL! We do not sow.

That's the spirit!
I wish I could still do that.
I used to be an adventurer like you until I took an arrow to my knee.

TalosOmega said:
Hey anyone know if you can take a castle without swearing allegiance to a faction? ( I'm on ps4) and I really don't want to bow to another faction to get my castle. So if anyone knows tell me asap please. Much thanks kind ser/lady in advance.
M'lord I wouldn't recommend you to create your own faction early in the game, cuz even if you take that castle it will be really hard to hold it against the other kingdom, and besides, without Right to Rule nobody will swore allegiance to you, cuz in their eyes all they see is an usurper that they will not accept as their king/queen.

So first, work to any kingdom as mercenary, to grow your influence, and when you get a high Right to Rule and good influence with most lords start your kingdom.

Its funny u say this because I now have 2 castles lol. Although I made a mistake of being on bad terms with 2 kingdoms so they both came at me. But they eventually stopped and offered peace so I can catch my breath a bit and make the castle garrisons a nightmare for any kingdom getting any ideas to attack. I plan on wiping out vaegris 1st and then the nords

TalosOmega said:
Its funny u say this because I now have 2 castles lol. Although I made a mistake of being on bad terms with 2 kingdoms so they both came at me. But they eventually stopped and offered peace so I can catch my breath a bit and make the castle garrisons a nightmare for any kingdom getting any ideas to attack. I plan on wiping out vaegris 1st and then the nords
Then you've proved me wrong m'lord.

TalosOmega said:
Well u were not half wrong. It was really difficult. Towns constantly raided by filthy usurpers. They'll pay the price for the insolence! BURN THEM ALL!
The harder the better, right ?

Back
Top Bottom