Bannerlord Beta Stream/Clips

Users who are viewing this thread

Great videos. After watching all 3 of the competitive vods, I have some thoughts on Skirmish:

1) Time between fights is too long. Currently it is around 3-4 minutes between the start of different fights.
2) When you are down 2-4 players (compared to the enemy) in the first fight, you will have lost most of the time. The remaining players may live fighting for some time by being defensive, but are very unfavored to win. Respawns are weaker and staggered units, meaning it’s very unlikely they will help turn the battle, but they will feel compelled to join the fight because teammates are still alive and fighting instead of regrouping in their spawn.
3) Fights last a long time and are sloppy thanks to the current respawn structure.

I think in an optimal world the gold system DOES allow for a comeback team fight to occur. But that is unrealistic because fights are never fast enough to wipe a team to that extent, and people will be inclined to run back and try and save their teammates even if futile.

For example if your team lost 3 teammates off to start and only killed one enemy, you would be very unlikely to win the 3v5. However, if the 3 players play defensive, you might respawn and be tempted to help them and make the fight a 4v5, which is much more winnable, but still unfavorable. That then creates a trickle and scattered effect across the map where the first team still has the numeric advantage and will often win in the end. This is fine for pub modes as it helps out individual players carry more, but is unfavorable for competitive team based modes.

Finally another clip. I tried my hand at some new editing software and I'm pretty happy with the way I've been able of using it.
It's far from perfect, and I'll keep trying to get better at it. Next step: commentary!

I hope you enjoy!

Brandis. said:
Great videos. After watching all 3 of the competitive vods, I have some thoughts on Skirmish:

1) Time between fights is too long. Currently it is around 3-4 minutes between the start of different fights.
2) When you are down 2-4 players (compared to the enemy) in the first fight, you will have lost most of the time. The remaining players may live fighting for some time by being defensive, but are very unfavored to win. Respawns are weaker and staggered units, meaning it’s very unlikely they will help turn the battle, but they will feel compelled to join the fight because teammates are still alive and fighting instead of regrouping in their spawn.
3) Fights last a long time and are sloppy thanks to the current respawn structure.

I think in an optimal world the gold system DOES allow for a comeback team fight to occur. But that is unrealistic because fights are never fast enough to wipe a team to that extent, and people will be inclined to run back and try and save their teammates even if futile.

For example if your team lost 3 teammates off to start and only killed one enemy, you would be very unlikely to win the 3v5. However, if the 3 players play defensive, you might respawn and be tempted to help them and make the fight a 4v5, which is much more winnable, but still unfavorable. That then creates a trickle and scattered effect across the map where the first team still has the numeric advantage and will often win in the end. This is fine for pub modes as it helps out individual players carry more, but is unfavorable for competitive team based modes.
Personally I think everything comes down to the first fight. It's as you say, you lose half your team and because of the respawn system it all seems very sloppy. It's useful in creating highlight plays if you're good at the game but I think overall it's gonna be very frustrating in the end. Then again Skirmish is supposed to be competitive so maybe the devs expect you to communicate with your teammates and regroup.

FBohler said:
Love your videos, thanks for that!

:party:

New map is looking cool IMO.

The game is looking way more polished than before. Is it just my impression?
Thanks!

Visually the game is really nice, and atleast on my setup it runs really smooth even when I'm recording or streaming so in that regard it's nicely polished yeah.

Uploaded a few more videos.
In the latest one I uploaded I tried explaining some of the choices I make when playing. I hope it adds something, I don't feel like uploading the same type of skirmish footage over and over.
I hope you enjoy!

FBohler said:
Only nitpick I would make to your videos is the graphic settings, what about cranking it up just for a couple of videos?  :ohdear:
Yeah I know, it's something I've been thinking about alot. I can probably up my game settings a bit without compromising on anything else. My biggest frustration is the quality loss when I upload to youtube, I record 1080p 60 fps and it looks gorgeous when I watch the edited videos on my pc but then on youtube it's immediatly way blurrier and I don't really know how to fix it.

Le Roux said:
FBohler said:
Only nitpick I would make to your videos is the graphic settings, what about cranking it up just for a couple of videos?  :ohdear:
Yeah I know, it's something I've been thinking about alot. I can probably up my game settings a bit without compromising on anything else. My biggest frustration is the quality loss when I upload to youtube, I record 1080p 60 fps and it looks gorgeous when I watch the edited videos on my pc but then on youtube it's immediatly way blurrier and I don't really know how to fix it.

Yep, it look like $!#^ when uploaded, i was wondering why ... probably because it's youtube, on the other hand twitch isn't better ... have you tried encoding in other formats ?

FBohler said:
You're pretty close to 200 fps in most of your videos, there's plenty of head room to improve settings assuming you aim for 60+ fps.  :fruity:
Yeah I have some room  :party:

AoC said:
Yep, it look like $!#^ when uploaded, i was wondering why ... probably because it's youtube, on the other hand twitch isn't better ... have you tried encoding in other formats ?
I've been messing around with it the past week or so, some of the other formats look marginally better but it's still very blurry when alot of movement is happening.
Alot of it comes down to youtube just doing their thing but I'm pretty sure it isn't optimized on my end either.

Updated with new videos, I'm going to take a deeper look at some of the changes in this patch.
I'm limiting myself to the perks as I don't think I have the time to make a comprehensive but short and understandable video on the arcs of swings.

Very good videos, thanks for that!

Did you crank up some settings? Looks way better than your previous videos, I wonder if it's the patch or just settings... it looks way smoother and less pixelated.

FBohler said:
Very good videos, thanks for that!

Did you crank up some settings? Looks way better than your previous videos, I wonder if it's the patch or just settings... it looks way smoother and less pixelated.
I cranked up my settings alot yes and I've been experimenting all week with different codecs and formats. Legit thrilled you noticed  :party:

Dudese said:
Great video!

But I liked that you went a little bit more in depth combatwise in your "skirmish with commentary2" video.
Though the new one is also informing :grin:

I'm just happy that I haven't appeared (and beeing destroyed) on your videos.
I'm working on a new commentary video!

In the meantime here are my thoughts on the Fiann, Battania's elite archer unit, and why I think it's too strong right now.

Here's another one, it's a small compilation of some nice TDM moments I had. As I say at the start of the video I have some real life responsabilities soon so I won't play/upload as frequently.
Hope you enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom