Author Topic: Dev Blog 29/08/19  (Read 8034 times)

FBohler

• Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
  • WBNWWF&S
Re: Dev Blog 29/08/19
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2019, 01:29:19 AM »
My questions are:

1) on cloth physics: is this feature still in the game? Can we expect any kind of human hair physics?

2) I didn't noticed the pommel bashing in any Gamescom / beta video so far, is it still a thing?
Nitpickers gonna nitpick.
Video games aren't perfect counterparts of reality.

Benjamin Bones

• Veteran
  • Something must be done about Bannerlord's Banners!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2019, 04:23:43 AM »
The excitement is real; the anticipation palpable.

Questions regarding early access:
How long is it planned to be in early access?
Will the price change upon full release?
Any perks for purchasing early access (like free DLC)?
How complete will the single player experience be?
The only reason we die is because we accept it as an inevitability.

Killbotter

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2019, 05:25:23 AM »
I really had fun playing it the few times I was able to :fruity: wish I could have played once more  :lol:

Thank you for this awesome game! Keep it up!
You're beautiful!  :fruity: :fruity:  :lol:

Oh thank you! You too!  :fruity:

Killbotter

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2019, 05:30:13 AM »
 :?:
Killbotter (guy from picture) was streaming the other day, and seems like a cool guy. He had nothing but positive things to say about Taleworlds staff and Bannerlord.

Edit- didnt realize he commented above me lol

As for questions:
How long is it planned to be in early access?
Will the price change upon full release?
Will beta be ongoing until (or very close to) the launch of EA? If not, when will it close?
Will beta include an early iteration of ranking system for the matchmaking game modes?

I could ask a million question if I wanted, but I'll stop here.

Lol thank you :D

As for the questions: The beta will probably last till ea.
And for the ranking systen: one guy that was standing with me asked that too, they said they will discuss it. Hopefully we get some kind of ranked mode.

Hope my answers were satisfying enough :P

Sad Lad

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Khergit
  • WBNWVC
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2019, 06:16:43 AM »
Glad to hear that Gamescom went really well for the TaleWorlds team, and for everyone who got a chance to play! Now I’m just waiting for my chance to try the beta and then early access!

Here’s my questions as of right now:

1. What criteria are you basing the waves of invites for the beta on? I’m assuming computer specs mostly.

2. As others have asked, what systems are in place for reporting bugs etc. from within the beta?

3. Will the beta expand to include other game modes? I would love to get a look at captain mode, and possibly some multiplayer sieges etc.

4. Roughly what percentage of single player features and gameplay mechanics will be in game upon early access release? Many of the blog posts make it seem as though it will be nearly feature complete, while some suggest otherwise.

5. What challenges do you anticipate during the beta and leading up to the early access release, and how do you plan to overcome them?

6. What guidance can you provide to those who get invited to the beta to ensure that they provide you with the best possible feedback for improving the overall experience?

That’s it for now. Again, congrats for a successful expo, and I can’t wait to experience the game myself and to help perfect this long awaited masterpiece!
A man can do as he wills, but not will as he wills

Blead

• Count
  • Einherjar at heart, Shieldings as brother
    • Steam - killerblead
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
  • MP nick: Blead
  • M&BWBWF&SNW
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2019, 06:51:59 AM »
Aaahhh I am so jealous, I wish I could have been there myself.

It looks great guys, you can give yourself a pat on the back
(click to show/hide)
The axe is mightier than the pen.

Hulagu

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Khergit
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2019, 07:45:06 AM »
Nice blog, also nice to see that Gamescom went well for you.

My question is that;

1- Will you give a chance to SP players to like MP and hear their opinion as well as MP players or will your first choice be MP players to select for Beta ?

I select that "I prefer SP" in beta application form as I was SP guy in previous titles, but I am curious and extremely exited about MP too this time as the MP looks nice and fun, also I am sure there are many SP players in my situation.

JustinTime49

• Regular
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2019, 07:59:44 AM »
Though this was an overall disappointing gamescom, and I have many gripes with the game in its current build, the future looks bright and I look forward to see what becomes.

Do not look here

• Duke
  • Well, ich bin dobry cattolico, as well now
    • View Profile
  • WBVCM&B
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2019, 08:07:54 AM »
Looking forward to see the vid next week.
Naprawdę dobry cattolico!

4ECH

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2019, 08:52:02 AM »
First of all - great Gamescome recap ;)

I have some questions too:
The most important - Will you be offering Exclusive/Legendary/Special/Collectors/etc. Edition of the game ? I mean in boxes with for example statue, SteelBook, ArtBook, map, etc. ...  If yes - what players, that buy game on Early Access, can do if they want this extras? Maybe there will be two versions of game on Early Access ?

And the second question - Are you planning release DLCs in the future? That will be rather DLCs like new weapons in game or skins to MP, or maybe like in Warband - almost new games(Viking Conquest)?

Iberian Wolf

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2019, 09:04:57 AM »
Congrats guys, the game looks amazing and I'm sure it'll be epic in no time!

My question is about the 6 new attributes - all the nitty gritty, and how will it influence its related skills?

Tejbegrizzly

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2019, 09:37:04 AM »
Okay so where do I begin..

I've been following Bannerlord for 3 years now I think, and I literally registered and made an account, just so I can ask this simple yet very important question.

The Question would be: In earlier installment of M&B it was always bothering me that I had to choose a flag that has already been used by a lord. I don't know how this will go in Bannerlord, but since it has the word BANNER in it, will we be able to choose our very own unique banner?:) Or even better, create one without modding tools? I think this would be a small yet great addition to the game!

Can't wait to get the Early Access  :D

zabfalat

• Sergeant
  • (amateour) Artist
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
  • MP nick: Oatmeal
  • WBNW
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2019, 10:01:31 AM »
We had a wonderful Gamescom, we have amazing videos to watch about it and there is more coming next week. Can't wait to see it!
The others had already asked almost everything important, but...
                    MY Questions:

Will reins physics be implemented upon early access?

Remember that Heat Maps blog? Will that thing be available for modders too when you release the modding tools?

Will Ruwa be in the game upon early access? Or she was only a prototype by the developers?

In next weeks video, can you show us the options menu? Are the arrow trails togglable?

I don't quite remember... were those board games you could play in taverns scrapped? I know they were not popular.

Can we see some footage of animals? Animal animations, please? The ones you talked about in the "Q&A with Abdullah Nakipoğlu" blog.

And finally, can we see dem cape physics in work, please?

(click to show/hide)

edit: I just realized that last year the videos were just linked in from others from youtube. For a second I thought that you are going to make one just for the blog's sake.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 10:07:18 AM by zabfalat »

Count Delinard

• Lord of Uxkhal
  • Global Moderator
  • The bane of forest bandits
    • Steam - countdelinard
    • View Profile
  • WBNWVC
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2019, 10:06:13 AM »

And I give you this little tribute I made for you:
(click to show/hide)

This is Terco level memery :lol:

John the Roleplayer

• Knight at Arms
  • The one who bought the book
    • Steam - thedukeofm
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2019, 10:35:54 AM »
[...]
6. What guidance can you provide to those who get invited to the beta to ensure that they provide you with the best possible feedback for improving the overall experience?
[...]

That's a very good question, I would like to ask too.
If I do actually get into the beta, I'd feel responsible to be at least of some use there.