A patch set in 1880

Users who are viewing this thread

I have been thinking a lot and I think this mod could be a success if there where patches to set it in other dates still in the heighten hundreds like in 1880 1890 and it has a great potential because of ranks and I think that if it where set in the colonial era with a greater map and of course more factions it'l be cool anyway tell me what you think. :grin:

It's a good idea and I like it but I think the AI will either make it or break it - with the brain dead vanilla style of the AI from the mod it would feel like commanding a firing squad rather than an army  :roll: Also I think you will need larger scenes for the battlefields and you will have to face the problem with sieges. I think it would be even more interesting if we make something like a Victoria II mod - from flintlocks to percussion cap to breech loading rifles and so on. I think the L'Aigle dev said some years ago that uniforms can easily be changed during the course of the campaign so I don't see why we can't do the same with weapons. Good luck!

I was fiddling with an idea similar to this, albeit set 20-30 years earlier, just so it could cover the Crimean War, or Bismark's wars. It was just some personal test work, and I was importing models from the Blood and Iron mod, but encountered some troubles with shaders. I think it's certainly a doable thing, you'd just need to find period-appropriate uniforms for all the nations, and maybe do the heavier work of adding more factions. Blood and Iron also has some great animations, just some simple OpenBRF exporting and importing. Goodness, I'm suddenly reminded of that Schleswig War mod a while ago, shame it never panned out.... Anyways, all of this I tried some year or so ago. With the release of the Imperial Grandeur 1853: Total Conversion mod, you'd have even more access to later 19th-century uniforms.

Not quite the answer you're looking for, just some personal rambling, but again I think it's doable. Just a lot of dedication redoing all those uniforms and some other tweaking with factions and scening, but oh gosh are L'Aigle's models gorgeous. If only even a fraction of Warband mods had that much polish.

Back
Top Bottom