?Gamescom 2019 (20-24 August)

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm really loving the new sieges being shown - sieges seem so much more alive (ik I just love sieges if you didn't notice). Love the cloth physics of the banner on the world map too, nice touch

Although, the kill feed looks nice, I still prefer the old warband (and earlier verisons) of the kill feed, idk, seems a bit out of the way in the top right - would have thought at least the top left to keep things all alligned.

Fortnight said:
I still can't get over the fact they put 'game difficulty' in there as a variable. It's so jarring to see them go into almost pointless immersion in some cases and then having something so incredibly arcadey as well.

Agreed. I think they should have gone for no difficulty settings. Even if they didnt they should have melted this difficulty stat to the other stats. I mean instead of increasing our speed 0.02 they could have make setbacks less effective or advantages more stat wise.

Though I say I wouldnt want any stat changing but only ai changing.

Matt13 said:
One thing i noticed and which i also wanted to ask is battle size. And iy seems it is around 450. Do u guys think its maximum number we can get or is it also because game could be running on lower settings ?

At 4:53, Enis Kirazoğlu have talked with some devs and he said battle size will be 1024.

Matt13 said:
One thing i noticed and which i also wanted to ask is battle size. And iy seems it is around 450. Do u guys think its maximum number we can get or is it also because game could be running on lower settings ?

From the custom battle blog, the battle size appears to be 500v500 max

Bjorn The Hound said:

At 4:53, Enis Kirazoğlu have talked with some devs and he said battle size will be 1024.

That seems oddly specific, but it holds up with previous info, so confirmed, I guess?

1024 is great news ! It was 800 before I think. I didnt pay attention but it seemed to me in the gamescom battle even though both sides in total were over 1000 in campaign map only sth like 500 participated.

KhergitLancer99 said:
1024 is great news ! It was 800 before I think. I didnt pay attention but it seemed to me in the gamescom battle even though both sides in total were over 1000 in campaign map only sth like 500 participated.

Maybe there is a slider like Warband and it was set low.

Flavberg said:
Bannerlord Dev Blog said:
Currently our aim for battle sizes on current generation high end gaming CPUs is at 800 characters, at 60FPS.

https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/25

So, probably around 800.

This blog is almost 2 years old so it may not reflect actual situation.

4NyGm.png

Someone with a minimum of restlessness about the game who presses the damn three point button at once.

Hulagu said:
Flavberg said:
Bannerlord Dev Blog said:
Currently our aim for battle sizes on current generation high end gaming CPUs is at 800 characters, at 60FPS.

https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/25

So, probably around 800.

This blog is almost 2 years old so it may not reflect actual situation.

Neither does everyone else guessing, this is the best thing we have to represent official information regarding it. If 800 is what they aimed for 2 years ago, and they have achieved it, we can safely assume it's at least 800.

It's not guessing if it comes from official info, which blogs are considered to be. In the much more recent custom battle blog the battle size was quite clearly set at 500v500. The only way for that information to be false is mild innacuracy (such as it actually being 1024 rather than exactly 1000), changes of the actual stat (certainly possible), or the battle size slider being non-linear for some reason only armagan can comprehend (not likely, I hope)

I liked the sieges we saw today, especially that Byzantine style castle/town.

In the last 15 seconds of that video, the host says he looks forward to seeing Taleworlds again next year- Armagan thinks this over for a moment then nods, and says "with another game", and laughs. I think that's a good sign that they don't intend to be far from a full release this time next year, and therefore not coming to Gamescom.

Back
Top Bottom