?Gamescom 2019 (20-24 August)

Users who are viewing this thread

Matt13 said:
Yeah now i see. My bad. Are they gonna upload the video at least so i can check it out later ?
Yeah, there is the link to the stream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4Dv3-oU_20
And it starts around here https://i.imgur.com/vmAMNCC.png

The streams were on youtube so you can just go back in the timeline and watch the parts with blord in it, as I did. Pretty fun, seeing an actual competent player was a breath of fresh air. In the time when the invited 'journalists' fought a few looters and a 30v60 batttle, the TW guy sieged 2 castles and fought a 600 v 500 battle. It was fantastic. Though, it seems like the battlesize wasn't as high as it could've been, judging by the amount of reinforcements. Still, great fun, now I'm just waiting for the reddit guy with all of the info to come out with their vid.

party-speed.png

decision-outcome.png

So voting can be bypassed.

Honestly and with the hand over my heart; if this has been all you are going to show at GC19, it would have been better to have stayed in the studio working or going on vacation. Absolutely nothing significant. Not counting the appearance of the trebuchet on scene, the 2016 siege gameplay seemed to me infinitely better.

p.d. Tell me again that the AI works so badly because the game is set to low difficulty.  :meh:

One thing I noticed was that after the siege and battle, the number of men in the army (with the different lords) seemed to increase in number as they were travelling around the map with no obvious opportunity to recruit new soldiers. There could be a couple of reasons for this.

1. AI lords don't actually follow the same rules as the player when it comes to recruiting.
2. In contrast to Warband, the number of soldiers displayed on the over-world map could just be the number able to fight (ie. does not include wounded), and the increasing numbers are just the wounded recovering. Could be the case considering prisoner numbers aren't displayed.

Do any of you have any insights into this?

I also thought it was very interesting when he brought up that attacking at night would mean that his archers would be at a disadvantage because they couldn't see that far. More tactical considerations is always a good thing, and would mean no longer being sniped by AI during fog without being able to respond.

Bjorn The Hound said:
party-speed.png

I still can't get over the fact they put 'game difficulty' in there as a variable. It's so jarring to see them go into almost pointless immersion in some cases and then having something so incredibly arcadey as well.

MulticastOgre said:

that's already posted footage with some commentary over it. Still, good effort.

Man they didn't really talk about any of the stuff I wanted to hear  :meh: I would've at least liked them to mention the closed beta... I mean the beta.taleworlds.com link is up and running but afaik there has been no announcement about it, has there? Edit- of course I get a discord notification just a few minutes after the post about a tweet they made for beta  :facepalm:

Gameplay looked just ok. Sieges were admittedly lackluster but the defenders were outnumbered heavily and they had a very wide wall to try to defend. The sieges shown back in 2016 were much more action packed. Both sieges and field battles felt like they were way too quick, and way too easy for the player (another product of low difficulty hopefully). Overall it looks good of course, very streamlined. I just think that, yet again, the presentation wasn't great.

One thing i noticed and which i also wanted to ask is battle size. And iy seems it is around 450. Do u guys think its maximum number we can get or is it also because game could be running on lower settings ?

Matt13 said:
One thing i noticed and which i also wanted to ask is battle size. And iy seems it is around 450. Do u guys think its maximum number we can get or is it also because game could be running on lower settings ?

Not sure, but this is what is mentioned in the FAQ thread:

How many soldiers will be in a single battle?
We have previously demonstrated battles of around 600 individual units in singleplayer battles – each with their own detailed AI, controlling the swings of their sword and expressions on their face. The number this will reach at release is not yet defined, however we are optimistic that our custom engine, developed in-house, will enable us to exceed that figure and reach even higher, depending on hardware.

Back
Top Bottom