Taleword's Partnership with NetEase Games, how should we interpret?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hulagu

Sergeant at Arms
Hi guys, just saw that announcement.
  We are pleased to announce a new partnership with NetEase Games, the online games division of NetEase, Inc. (NASDAQ: NTES), one of China’s leading internet and online game services providers.

NetEase will be helping us out so we can better serve our Chinese community with our existing and upcoming titles. This partnership will not effect our plans for other territories.

We are excited to begin this journey together with NetEase Games and look forward to many years of future success working side by side.
As I checked Netease games a company focused mobile platforms, what should they provide Taleworlds and Bannerlord?

DrINrhFU8AAAdll.jpg

Τhe same way Sekiro was released by activition in the west and had zero impact on pricing and content. Local translation/publish only. They say its only for servers.

China is a huge market and TaleWorlds wants to utilize it. Simple.

I imagine it's part of some marketing/publishing deal.

This is really a disaster for all mount&blade players in China Mainland.
NetEase's games department enjoys an awful reputation in our country.In the biggst forum of M&B in China,almost every fan felt shocked once the news came out.We are worried that NetEase will ruin this game,just like what this company had done to Minecraft
Recently,NetEase released a game called "Conqueror's Blade",what we called "Zhan Yi",on steam.This game adopted many similar elements in M&B.As a result,"Zhan Yi" will consider M&B as a competitor in the future.
What we are afraid is that once NetEase released a "China Mainland" version of M&B II,all "International" versions will become invalid(even on steam).We Chinese players will have to play a strange version differs from the ones in other parts of the world.Trust me,this version could be very strange and frustrating.
Yet there is another problem.Our government has a very high and special standards for foreign games.To be honest, it's hard for an original M&B II to pass the "check" of government if it is not going to be released through steam.

Tuvenal said:
NetEase's games department enjoys an awful reputation in our country.In the biggst forum of M&B in China,almost every fan felt shocked once the news came out.We are worried that NetEase will ruin this game,just like what this compay had done to Minecraft
Recently,NetEase released a game called "Conqueror's Blade",what we called "Zhan Yi",on steam.This game adopted many similar elements in M&B.As a result,"Zhan Yi" will consider M&B as a competitor in the future.
What we are afraid is that once NetEase released a "China Mainland" version of M&B II,all "International" versions will become invalid(even on steam).We Chinese players will have to play a strange version differs from the ones in other parts of the world.Trust me,this version could be very strange and frustrating.
Yet there is another problem.Our government has a very high and special standards for foreign games.To be honest, it's hard for an original M&B II to pass the "check" of government if it is not going to be released through steam.
This is quite interesting, but NetEase Games can be just a server provider right? I hope Chinese community wouldn't face such a situation

Hulagu said:
Tuvenal said:
NetEase's games department enjoys an awful reputation in our country.In the biggst forum of M&B in China,almost every fan felt shocked once the news came out.We are worried that NetEase will ruin this game,just like what this compay had done to Minecraft
This is quite interesting, but NetEase Games can be just a server provider right? I hope Chinese community wouldn't face such a situation
NetEase as a server provider is just wonderful.However,such big companies in China have much more ambitions and seldom pay attention to the players' feelings.That's why we never trust these companies and their own games.When NetEase ruined Diablo and many foreign Blizzard fans felt unbearable,we just sighed,"Once again!"
Now here comes such a brief and annoying announcement.It caused some chaos in our community.The chaos even affected other forums,such as Elder Scroll's and Total War's.

Not to be a pessimist, but expect a Chinese company in the next 2 years to sell a Chinese flavor of Bannerlord with suspiciously similary game features.

As Chinese, we also have a bit lot of antipathy.
If just rent servers, that's still acceptable.
A lot of people don't want to have a game you can one chop 999 with money anymore.

RkT said:
This company will be a great help for the distribution of bannerlord in addition to the economic contribution. Good action by Taleworlds.

Who are you? No offense, just wondering where you're coming from.

Besides that, it's going to be interesting to see how much the Chinese version differs from the original one.

TFK_Ted said:
RkT said:
This company will be a great help for the distribution of bannerlord in addition to the economic contribution. Good action by Taleworlds.

Who are you? No offense, just wondering where you're coming from.

Besides that, it's going to be interesting to see how much the Chinese version differs from the original one.
In addition to the language, hopefully the blood colors, special markings or patterns, broken limbs (I guess mb2 doesn't have them, or maybe not in the demo), and some other 18+ elements and etc will same the original. If not, mod. Of course, in the Chinese version multiplayer mode on China, the ping will not be too high (I guess that's the only benefit). All we know so far is cooperation on the server, which could be related to DLC, mod, newsfeed, patches, and more likely to be related to sequels or offshoots.
People always feel more deeply about their country than people from other countries.

Back
Top Bottom