SPEEDWOLF™ - Brainstorming & Sign-up

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi guys,

so as described, my idea for a Werewolf game that should ideally be the equivalent of a "daily chess problem", meaning that the real game starts at the lynch or lose situation and we try to "solve" the game based on the info we have. The game can then end either with a wolf victory, or play itself out if the innocents manage to get a decent lynch.

Now while that sounds appealing (at least to me), the tricky part is where to get the information that the players have at that stage. If I distribute it to them, my information might be skewed in one way or another, and thus one side or the other might be at an advantage. Also, as much as I can say "you did this on day 1 and day 2", it's hard to hold people accountable for something they never really did. Discussions would inevitably end up like "what do I know why I did that, I didn't do it". The alternative would be heavy RPing, but that's not really WW anymore.

Soot mentioned something about skills or items to help gather information, but that would not really be a game at lylo, but just a one-day game with the potential to either win or lose that day. Not quite what I had in mind.

Here's my idea for the moment: you know all those sports games (or whatnot), that have you play like 82 regular season games before you even get to the playoffs? Now if you don't want to hand in all your life to do so, you need to start simming those games, and that's what I had in mind here.

What if we say the first days and nights of the game run in ultra-high-speed (as much as its possible on a forum with people from different timezones), so 24 rl hours a day. The clue is: no discussion ALLOWED, only votes. The only exception would be "claims", so on day 2 one could say "Claim: Seer. Player X = Wolf" or something like that, thus making a claim that he's a seer that has scanned another person that turned out to be a wolf. Others can believe it, or not, or make counter-claims (same formula), whatever. Nights follow a similar formula, even though I'm considering allowing a minimum of discussion there to come to a consensus. Again, 24hrs max. Once the game hits lynch or lose, we turn off cruise control and drive manually, meaning a full length day to discuss and decide. The difference to starting with just this is, that despite there being no discussion, we still have people voting this way or that way, and thus something we can hold them accountable for.

I could also imagine very simple LoS systems, like literally just giving us three (or whatever, depends on the size of the game) names they suspect, e.g. "LOS: Xardob, Bodrax, Zardoz", possibly with colors if you wanna go fancy, so again we've got something to hold people accountable to, so when the "real" game starts at lynch or lose, we're not just fishing in the dark.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Wanna sign up? Let me know, would be cool to have a few people (7 would be great, for starters) to give this a shot. In a 7 player game we should be hitting lylo after 4 real life days, add to that another 4-5 days for the game itself, and altogether we're looking at something that would take less than two weeks to play out from start to finish, and half of the time you wouldn't even have to read or write a lot  :wink:

Last, but not least, it'd be interesting to see about one of my theories...that too much discussion dilutes the game. Who knows, maybe you'll have all the wolves eliminated within two days without ever reaching lylo. I think it's worth a try, at least for that alone  :party:

Sign-up:

1. Rocco
2. Vieira
3. Hamlet
4. Lupo
5. Jock
6. Dickus

Sign me up, sounds interesting.

While I thrive on discussion, it's where I pick my targets, I completely understand how info gets lost when too many people are posting. 24 hr days would be an interesting way o try and fight that.

Edit;
Also, I promise no self voting this game. I'm surprised that the guy who got me to self vote and could turn ghosts didn't want me in his army  :meh: :iamamoron:

Roccoflipside said:
Sign me up, sounds interesting.

While I thrive on discussion, it's where I pick my targets, I completely understand how info gets lost when too many people are posting. 24 hr days would be an interesting way o try and fight that.
Cool, you're added. I understand your argument, hell, I'm the guy who wanted more discussion all game long, so I'm with you. But sometimes it's good to fight our inner demons, at least we might stand a chance against them  :iamamoron:

Any suggestions setup/rule-wise?

Edit;
Also, I promise no self voting this game. I'm surprised that the guy who got me to self vote and could turn ghosts didn't want me in his army  :meh: :iamamoron:
Well, given enough time you would have been definitely a candidate, but I already screwed up in the beginning when I picked Brutus instead of Arch3r, the latter being almost unanimously considered innocent, while the former was in the running for a perma-ban. Silly me had to actually waste precious energy to defending Brutus on day 2, just so he didn't get banished the moment I converted him.

After that I had to play it safe and go for the one guy everybody thought was innocent. And then we even thought he was a seer, which would have been an even better addition to the team.

But I promise, once we reached like what...night 6?....you would have been my next candidate  :iamamoron:

What if we say the first days and nights of the game run in ultra-high-speed (as much as its possible on a forum with people from different timezones), so 24 rl hours a day. The clue is: no discussion ALLOWED, only votes. The only exception would be "claims", so on day 2 one could say "Claim: Seer. Player X = Wolf" or something like that, thus making a claim that he's a seer that has scanned another person that turned out to be a wolf. Others can believe it, or not, or make counter-claims (same formula), whatever. Nights follow a similar formula, even though I'm considering allowing a minimum of discussion there to come to a consensus. Again, 24hrs max.

This reminds me of the first days of a real life Werewolf. Almost only votes and claims, glances, some staring and minimal discussion. Yet, I doubt I will manage to take part in this game.

Opinions: I doubt that the setting I quoted will be easily doable. Maybe you could use it for the first two games and deliver some crafted Los and the votecounts of the previous days. A mixed system.

Id say LoS's and claims only seems best to me. Without any way to discuss it'd be hard to reach a consensus. I see everyone claiming seer because that's the only way to tell people what you think.

It also might be interesting if you stole Soot's idea and let the dead people talk as much as they want during the 24 hour night.

Dago Wolfrider said:
This reminds me of the first days of a real life Werewolf. Almost only votes and claims, glances, some staring and minimal discussion. Yet, I doubt I will manage to take part in this game.
Why? Only (self-)voting sounds perfect for you, no?  :iamamoron:

Opinions: I doubt that the setting I quoted will be easily doable. Maybe you could use it for the first two games and deliver some crafted Los and the votecounts of the previous days. A mixed system.
I'm not exactly sure I understand that feedback...could you rephrase?

The Doge of Benis said:
Sounds interesting. Also sounds quick and something I can do even if i don't have much time.

I'm in.
Woohoo  :party:

Welcome aboard, Vacuumiera  :iamamoron:

Roccoflipside said:
Id say LoS's and claims only seems best to me. Without any way to discuss it'd be hard to reach a consensus. I see everyone claiming seer because that's the only way to tell people what you think.
I don't think you need to claim to show what you think. A vote is still the most concrete bit of information you can get out of anybody. And shortlists of suspects would be an enhanced way of doing so.

It also might be interesting if you stole Soot's idea and let the dead people talk as much as they want during the 24 hour night.
Possibly. But no special roles for the night, just a deceased-chat of sorts, right?

Using both systems: giving some initial Los and vote counts of the "previous" days and then having some quick days with only votes and claims.

You maxed out your speech skill, haven't you? Even if I am not interested in quick days, well count me in. Let's see if I can control my self voting addiction and get to play as a wolf. :iamamoron: and :twisted: respectively. Gonna pm Dark_Hamlet.

You could have come up and said "I'm a wolf", and Hawk would still have shot Moose, so yeah...  :roll:

Other than that, hell yeah!  :party: Welcome to the party, Hamlet & Lupo!

I think the LoS system with colours and claims would be decent, but there could be one more added element which would help people decide. Not sure what that element should be.

I'm up for it though.

Crassius "Biggus Dickus" Curio said:
Maybe have only los, votes and claims allowed in text, and discussion only in the form of memes.
36rarw.jpg

I take it, that's a sign-up?  :iamamoron:

Jock said:
I think the LoS system with colours and claims would be decent, but there could be one more added element which would help people decide. Not sure what that element should be.

I'm up for it though.
Thanks to Dickus, we found it  :iamamoron:

Welcome to da party!

Dark_Hamlet said:
Jock said:
, but there could be one more added element which would help people decide. Not sure what that element should be.

I'm up for it though.

The narration could give some ambiguous hints about each player.
Yeah, that's something I've been thinking about already 10 years ago, but the problem is then, that it becomes a host-driven, rather than player-driven game. Plus, people will always be able to accuse me of giving away too much or too little, so it's inevitably going to be a frustrating experience. If you have a solution for that, however, I'm all ears!

Back
Top Bottom