Question regarding Laminar Armor, Southeast Asian Armor

Users who are viewing this thread

-Can someone give me an example of Laminar Armor?
  how they different with their Lamellar cousin and how common they are in Asian and Southeast Asian region, and their production cost compare to Lamellar,
  Scale or Plated Armor.

-And can someone give me some example of Armor wore in Southeast Asian Region, Particulary in region of Indonesian, Malaysian, Thailand, and other
peninsula country

i was rather skeptic when i ask some people or general bias said that people in those region above fight bare naked wearing nothing but underwear and not even a cloth. I couldnt believe such opinion, given most of Southeast Asian was home of many empire such a Majapahit. How could a nation that produce one of important product such nutmeg in ancient time defend themselves from invader if they wore no armor? No nation in the world no matter how "Primitive" they are, stupid enough to let their army fight without armor or cloth if they can afford one, Even the Native American and Aztec Empire equip their soldier with some sort of armor before the battle.

Wise_apple said:
-And can someone give me some example of Armor wore in Southeast Asian Region, Particulary in region of Indonesian, Malaysian, Thailand, and other
peninsula country

:arrow: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,325171.0.html

Wise_apple said:
No nation in the world no matter how "Primitive" they are, stupid enough to let their army fight without armor or cloth if they can afford one,
:party:

load1454970575_016-06.jpg

load1463438814_003-04.jpg

Wise_apple said:
How could a nation that produce one of important product such nutmeg in ancient time defend themselves from invader if they wore no armor? No nation in the world no matter how "Primitive" they are, stupid enough to let their army fight without armor or cloth if they can afford one.
There's a few cases of some of the Celts fighting naked to unnerve an disrespect the enemy while showing there tatoos, war paint an scars.
Every one knows that your brave/crazy comeing to battle nude and they can see your warpiant and all your scars to scare them.
i will note that it was only a tiny amount of the celtic armys that fight nude.

Nudity is mostly a phycological weapon see General Butt Naked.
The other reasons for nudity on the battle field are stealth or river crossings

funk said:
Wise_apple said:
How could a nation that produce one of important product such nutmeg in ancient time defend themselves from invader if they wore no armor? No nation in the world no matter how "Primitive" they are, stupid enough to let their army fight without armor or cloth if they can afford one.
There's a few cases of some of the Celts fighting naked to unnerve an disrespect the enemy while showing there tatoos, war paint an scars.
Every one knows that your brave/crazy comeing to battle nude and they can see your warpiant and all your scars to scare them.
i will note that it was only a tiny amount of the celtic armys that fight nude.

Nudity is mostly a phycological weapon see General Butt Naked.
The other reasons for nudity on the battle field are stealth or river crossings

yea i've heard about celtic naked warrior, but is not like all of celtic warrior fight naked right? even there's still those who wear cloth, i just mean in general, since i found most of explanation on other forum was too biased about common attire of people on that area

Captured Joe said:
Didn't the Spartans also fight without pants?

is joke right? you mean 300 movies?

matmohair1 said:
Wise_apple said:
peninsula country

:arrow: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,325171.0.html

Wise_apple said:
No nation in the world no matter how "Primitive" they are, stupid enough to let their army fight without armor or cloth if they can afford one,
:party:

load1454970575_016-06.jpg

load1463438814_003-04.jpg

thanks for information mate!, about the naked topic, i just too warry when people start to overgeneralize archipelago people, in that topic.

EDIT: when i asking for reference, i was asking for common armor/attire those people wore during 800-1300 AD, when they still haven't influenced by western arms and armor. But anyway thanks.

Rules said:
No Spam
Spam clogs up the forum, makes relevant and accurate information harder to find and causes the forum to slow down for everybody. The definition of ‘spam’ includes, but is not limited to, the following actions:
  • Multi-posting — if you need to add something, and yours was the last post in the thread, edit your last post instead of adding a new one

They made the big deal out of not wearing pants and I really doubt warriors would wear anything that could get their legs tangled in. Most of the contemporary art shows... uhh... skirts that barely cover anything, if they do cover it at all.

Do not look here said:
They made the big deal out of not wearing pants and I really doubt warriors would wear anything that could get their legs tangled in. Most of the contemporary art shows... uhh... skirts that barely cover anything, if they do cover it at all.

I see on some illustration, ancient warrior who wear tunic (or long tunic) often tie the lower part of their tunic when they go to war or fight so their legs isn't going to tangled in, just like or mesopotamian assyrian-babylonian warrior. Isn't it also count as wearing pants?

Captured Joe said:
Wise_apple said:
Captured Joe said:

is joke right? you mean 300 movies?
tumblr_npak83KhlV1u6oeoao2_1280.jpg
There's also an image from an Osprey book called "The Spartan Army" which is however NSFW and probably against forum rules because... you know... no pants...

:shock: hmm... that's interesting, i never thought those spartan warrior depicted in 300 was actually have come from real evidence. But it doesn't that common right?

Rules said:
No Spam
Spam clogs up the forum, makes relevant and accurate information harder to find and causes the forum to slow down for everybody. The definition of ‘spam’ includes, but is not limited to, the following actions:
  • Multi-posting — if you need to add something, and yours was the last post in the thread, edit your last post instead of adding a new one

Wise_apple said:
Do not look here said:

I see on some illustration, ancient warrior who wear tunic (or long tunic) often tie the lower part of their tunic when they go to war or fight so their legs isn't going to tangled in, just like or mesopotamian assyrian-babylonian warrior. Isn't it also count as wearing pants?

Absolutely accurate, it's where the term "gird your loins" comes from.

As for the main point, tribes in Africa, including the Zulus, would often fight with little to no clothing, and their are still tribes in the out of the way parts of Polynesia and such that have "ceremonial" battles (they shoot real arrows at each other, but the point isn't really to kill the other side, just scare them) where they fight with little or no clothing. There was a video of one of these "battles" I watched, I think it came from a post here but I can't remember, but it was quite interesting.

Captured Joe said:

Spartans did not wear pants at all. Nobody in the Mediterranean wore pants, they wore tunics. Pants were worn by Northern and Eastern people like Celts, Scythians or Persians. Greeks, Romans and everybody else in the Mediterranean was considering pants as barbaric custom. They became to wear pants only after massive migrations of Germanic people during late Roman Imperial era well in to AD.

Back
Top Bottom