[SinglePlayer] Custom Kingdom Troop Trees

Users who are viewing this thread

One of the few things which I thought was severely lacking in SP warband when creating a kingdom is the lack of uniqueness for your own kingdom. What I'd like to see is the possibility to create your own 'custom troops' for you and your vassals which would recruit. How would such work?

- Well there are a few things which would be done because I know of the limitations there. Firstly, depending on what culture you make your kingdom will depend on what pool of items you can use to form your units. With the addition of items which aren't really connected to a certain faction/culture (capes and the like).

- You should have each unit have a certain amount of money assigned to each unit which you can decide what armour and weapons you can assign to the unit. (So you can't put crazy high armour on peasants). As well as such, perhaps in the terms of experience and attributes, you can choose from a selection of options which would give you the attributes of that general class so the player wouldn't be overwhelmed with all the different options and the units can be balanced well with the player and the other factions.

- Lastly, with the way with how recruitment would work? There are several ways which such could be done. Perhaps you could convince other recruiters to change their gearing to your recruitment and units. This could be done with coins or maybe quests which you'd have to do. Maybe you could limit it to depending on the culture your kingdom, this would be the only recruiters which could be convinced to recruit your own troop types. Something which could have more thinking on.

Let me know what you all think, a lot of questions but it could end up being an amazing addition and feature, especially for mid-end game.

I think only mod can do that. Of course, I hope the original version can do the same. I think TW intends to give each faction its own (regular) characteristic, just like before, something that produces some of the characteristics of the original faction for the original positional area of the faction, even independent. The npc in the team is the same as before, but there is a newly added faction mercenary that can be customized.

This is one of my favorite features in some mods. It can be a lot of fun to customize them, but I don't even want to think of how long they would need to implement this in a way they are happy. I would assume 2022 given their track record. It could work well if they had templates you could choose from for a rough outline that you can customize further if you have the money or renown to change. That way those who don't want to spend a lot of time customizing could just pick one and those of us who want to spend our time customizing them we could.

3TElb.png

It's a good idea and a good way to deal with customization.

Not trying to add micromanagement here, but it would be cool if troops needed each and every piece of hardware available in the fief they are going to be "recruitable", so you won't make super equipped units because they would make for a very slow "production" rate.

Lone_commander said:
AxiosXiphos said:
Well making your own faction won't be available at launch so perhaps this is the reason?

Oh wow, that feels like a huge feature not to have at launch even though it's early access

It is written on their steam page, main ones are weapon crafting and kingdom creation not available at ea launch. I suppose with its complexity, they need time to perfect it as it effects all aspects of the game.

Bjorn The Hound said:
3TElb.png

May be an old comment, but have we got any updates since then? If custom troops haven't been officially ruled out, I hope they are still considering them if they haven't already added them.

I don't think the custom troops should be overpowered, they should be decent but allow us to tailor their loadout to suit our needs, as well as name the unit for the sake of roleplaying. I like the idea of OP, where the particular level of troop has a 'budget' and can increase as the troops get upgraded.

I think custom troops are not a difficult feature to implement, and they will add a lot to the game. It's always bothered me how if I want to play an invading power from outside of Calradia, then I'm limited to using mercenaries in order to represent my 'foreign' army.

FBohler said:
I don't think you're getting foreign equipment so basically your foreign forces will look like some mixed culture Calradian at best.

I appreciate that, but even if I can mix and match equipment from Calradia, I think it’s possible to create a unique troop.

I would definitely want the option to decide which existing culture my kingdom's own troops are derived from and "similar to", rather than having to recruit "foreign" troop types from all of my own villages for the rest of the game.  Whether I can customize them further is a lesser issue, in my opinion, and could easily be exploited if not restricted.  I could see having one or two options at the time you declare your own kingdom, and those would remain in effect for as long as your kingdom lasted.  That might involve a preference for either swords, axes, or maces, raising the chances of various units spawning with those types of weapons, or a choice between bows, crossbows, or thrown weapons as the most prevalent ranged weapon type.  That could make your kingdom slightly different in flavor than the kingdom it chose to emulate, without requiring a lot of extra development time to implement or unbalancing the game.

Back
Top Bottom