Author Topic: Dev Blog 18/07/19  (Read 19454 times)

Noudelle

• Master Knight
  • Poutinier Professionnel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • WBM&BWF&SNWVC
Re: Dev Blog 18/07/19
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2019, 03:05:16 AM »
I'm not sure I agree with all the design decisions here, but I like the general idea. I'm looking forward to seeing my other clan members do their own thing and increase the clan's renown. I feel like this will lead to much better character stories than in Warband.

CaptainLee

• Sergeant Knight
  • Calradia is real.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandit
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2019, 03:36:33 AM »
Glad there's hard limits I've found making money too easy and I like the idea of beginning small and earning your clan's prominence. I can appreciate how others would find this restrictive though.

Also, Eren's boob armour looks a little... off. Doesn't seem practical and looks redundant.
'Calradia, the continent where Mount & Blade takes place, is a low-fantasy setting deeply rooted in history: its past and factions are inspired by real kingdoms and conflicts of old, but it also adds its own doses of imagination.' -Steve Negus

Rabies

• Knight at Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2019, 04:05:06 AM »
I'm looking forward to seeing my other clan members do their own thing and increase the clan's renown.

I don't know for far they'll be doing their own thing, really. I think it's more likely they'll be following your orders and doing tasks you set them. At least, I'm hoping to be able shovel off some of the more boring missions (cattle delivery?) on to my Clan members so I can get on with the interesting stuff.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 04:24:49 AM by Rabies »

MatrixAwpington

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2019, 04:22:44 AM »
Quick question, did Taleworlds already talk about whether or not you can customize future characters appearance upon switching to them or is it left to chance?

Doğacan

• Recruit
  • Always salty
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Khergit
  • WB
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2019, 05:01:11 AM »
Huge fan of all the changes and added systems. I never felt like I had any sort of connection with my companions in Warband, hopefully this will help change things.

The_BlackThorn

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2019, 05:07:23 AM »
I think this will be an improvement over the warband system as it it expanding from singular focus you to multiple focus clan. Which will expand everything going on in all the other connected game systems

John.M

• Master Knight
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: John_M
  • WBNWVC
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2019, 05:30:21 AM »
(click to show/hide)
The player banner gives me hope that clans will vary in colour from their faction, though I know it is unlikely.
(click to show/hide)
Makes the clans feel bland and uninspired.

IblisBane

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Khergit
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2019, 06:26:03 AM »
I would like to see the clan renown (I really like the idea) but then also have a way to see how much each character has accomplished or have npcs treat us differently if the heir not “worthy of the name” like there were great Kings but just because they were great didnt mean that their heirs were as strong or great.

Pretty much agree. And what about "Infamy?" You can be famous for being a terrible warrior, or being cruel to your enemies, or executing prisoners, or raiding caravans etc. If actions like those reduced your renown, it's not the same as being unknown, if you know what I mean.

Regardless, as always, keep working hard guys. Just waiting for the pre-order announcement...no pressure... ;)

Grumpy181155

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
  • WBVCWF&S
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2019, 06:35:20 AM »
I'm looking forward to seeing my other clan members do their own thing and increase the clan's renown.

I don't know for far they'll be doing their own thing, really. I think it's more likely they'll be following your orders and doing tasks you set them. At least, I'm hoping to be able shovel off some of the more boring missions (cattle delivery?) on to my Clan members so I can get on with the interesting stuff.

I think it important to see how other clan members are affecting the clan renown.  For example if one of the clan is running from battle, not keeping his word etc and adversely affecting the clan renown I would like to know so that he can either be spoken to or be kicked out of the clan.  Is it even possible to give a clan member a 'pep' talk? 

Ah .... so many questions and so few answers.  Come on TW, nose to the grindstone and all that.   :)

Do not look here

• Duke
  • Well, ich bin dobry cattolico, as well now
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
  • WBVCM&B
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2019, 08:54:23 AM »
Well then, glad that I had one of my greatest concerns confirmed, cause I felt like I'm just fearmongering every now and then.

You no longer play as character, you play as a clan. Everyone plays as a clan. Clans are just like lords, only with multiple avatars. How would individual relationships, their costs and benefits work in that setting? Doesn't matter, there's diplomacy mana, just use your spare change in influence. I really dislike that, wasn't playing M&B for feeling of being friendly household ghost possessing people.
Naprawdę dobry cattolico!

ombror

• Regular
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
  • WB
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2019, 08:55:55 AM »
The 2018 Gamescom demo Encyclopaedia listed Playerland as a clan
Hello,

i wonder i you have some screenshot from your own test of this demo, or if a wiki (or else) has been made from this demo. If yes, do you have a link ?
Thanks in advance.

Cause i found a wiki, but with very few informations, and nothing on clans.

Insider

• Sergeant at Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2019, 09:38:28 AM »
(click to show/hide)
The player banner gives me hope that clans will vary in colour from their faction, though I know it is unlikely.
(click to show/hide)

Callum dropped by Discord last night and said your clan has an emblem that you design, and the colours in the background are assigned with the colours of the faction you are associated with

(click to show/hide)

He also said that the player has to choose an in-game culture when creating a character, that there are not mixed cultures, and that permadeath for your character can be turned on and off in mid-game (if you are alone in the game world and get killed is game over, so it is an option). Mind you that permadeath off is only for your player character, the rest of people will die (from old age or in battles)

Another thing said was the game is set to be 8 game weeks = 1 year, though is not final, no limit on sons or daughters that you can have, that character relations are not inherited by your heir once your main character dies, and they are REWORKING the game map to add more water body features
(click to show/hide)

This screenshot of a skill from the skill tree was shared as well
(click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 08:26:46 AM by Insider »

hansolo223

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2019, 09:39:05 AM »
One potential issue is max renown of your clan near the endgame. Will difficulty increase make it easier to lose renown and harder to gain? A lot of these sandbox kind of games ESPECIALLY TOTALWAR series I am looking at you CA suffer from boring ass end game.

Insider

• Sergeant at Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2019, 10:01:07 AM »
The 2018 Gamescom demo Encyclopaedia listed Playerland as a clan
Hello,

i wonder i you have some screenshot from your own test of this demo, or if a wiki (or else) has been made from this demo. If yes, do you have a link ?
Thanks in advance.

Cause i found a wiki, but with very few informations, and nothing on clans.

(click to show/hide)

KucukEniste

• Sergeant Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sarranid
  • WBNWVCWF&S
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2019, 10:39:03 AM »
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Callum dropped by Discord last night and said your clan has an emblem that you design, and the colours in the background are assigned with the colours of the faction you are associated with

(click to show/hide)

He also said that the player has to choose an-ingame culture when creating a character, and that they are not mixed cultures, and that permadeath for your character can be turned on and off in mid-game (if you are alone in the game world and get killed is game over, so it is an option). Mind you that permadeath off is only for your player character, the rest of people will die (from old age or in battles)

Another thing said was the game is set to be 8 game weeks = 1 year, though is not final, no limit on sons or daughters that you can have, that character relations are not inherited by your heir once your main character dies, and they REWORKING the game map to add more water body features
(click to show/hide)

This screenshot from a skill the skill tree was shared as well
(click to show/hide)

Thank you very much.