New Ali Erkin interview

Users who are viewing this thread

+1
Thank you for bringing this information. I join the request of Insider.
Varrak, Hulagu, khergite,...etc...someone who can make an accurate translation?

Insider said:
Link to reddit post with the gist of the video in the comments:

https://www.reddit.com/r/mountandblade/comments/c4c24s/merlinin_kazani_a_turkish_tech_news_site/

Link to the interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW-1-2Ew4Pk

A full transcription of the video would be very welcome if any of the turkish forum friends here would be so kind to provide it, even though the gist of it is old news by now (closed beta has started, open beta soon, open access to Gamescom multiplayer, etc)

Reporter: from "Merlin'in Kazanı", welcome. My name is Murat Oktay, today we are going to speak about an important subject. We have had interviews for you before with him. He is both the president of ''Toged'' and the general manager of Talewords. We would like to get some information from him directly about some subjects. As you can see there are quite a bit of people behind us at the ground floor.  Dear Ali, first off, greetings. Welcome.

Ali: Greetings, thank you for having me.

Reporter: In a quick matter, I would like to ask you about the ''leaks'' that happened yesterday, do you have any comments about this as a company?

Ali: Our dear friends at the forum already took note of this and they have discussed this. As you know, the picture about the beta, where we announce that we are going to start a BETA in short term has been surfacing. We can call this the first stage of our announcement. In short time, we hope to announce more information about the beta and what's going on with it.

Reporter: Great news! This is honestly something I did not know about, and something that I couldn't know about. So if I understand correctly, in short term we will get more information on this BETA, or am I misunderstanding?

Ali: Correct, Allah willing.

Reporter: Very good! Great, even.

Reporter: Now, without extending this subject too long, I would like to honestly talk more about Mount & Blade: Bannerlord to be completely honest with you, if it pleases you.

Ali: *humms* agreeing.

Reporter: Now, the game is at a stage where it has come to life. And, whilst the BETA is closed right now, it is still at a stage where it can be played in this BETA stage. How long do you think the players will have to wait for the game's release? Can we expect the game to release either this year, or maybe at the start of next year? Can we (slowly) expect the game to come out in the near future?

Ali: In truth, the ones who want the game to come out as soon as possible is us. We say this every time. Through blogs we will let the people know that the they can play the game at Gamescom. This news actually also makes us happy. Allah willing, this will also be great news for our players. We can't wait for all the players to play our game at Gamescom. After that, we will have a good look at our program. We will do all we can to make sure that the game enters its next stage.

Reporter: Understood. I can tell that you don't want to spill too much information, understandably.

Reporter: OK then, this will be my last question regarding Bannderlord: the players will be able to play (and test) the game at Gamescom. If I understand correctly, there will be no such thing as a sign-up list for the playtesting, correct? They can just come to the stand and play there?

Ali: Yes. As you know, Gamescom will open their doors at around 10 o'clock. After that, all players can go in line to play whichever game they want to play, and play them. In the same fashion, they can come to our booth and wait in line to play our game.

Reporter: So, to confirm, this means that there will be no need for a sign-up to come play your game. This is great news, I have to say.

The rest of the questions are about his other endeavours  :lol:

Doğacan said:
Insider said:
Link to reddit post with the gist of the video in the comments:

https://www.reddit.com/r/mountandblade/comments/c4c24s/merlinin_kazani_a_turkish_tech_news_site/

Link to the interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW-1-2Ew4Pk

A full transcription of the video would be very welcome if any of the turkish forum friends here would be so kind to provide it, even though the gist of it is old news by now (closed beta has started, open beta soon, open access to Gamescom multiplayer, etc)

Reporter: from "Merlin'in Kazanı", welcome. My name is Murat Oktay, today we are going to speak about an important subject. We have had interviews for you before with him. He is both the president of ''Toged'' and the general manager of Talewords. We would like to get some information from him directly about some subjects. As you can see there are quite a bit of people behind us at the ground floor.  Dear Ali, first off, greetings. Welcome.

Ali: Greetings, thank you for having me.

Reporter: In a quick matter, I would like to ask you about the ''leaks'' that happened yesterday, do you have any comments about this as a company?

Ali: Our dear friends at the forum already took note of this and they have discussed this. As you know, the picture about the beta, where we announce that we are going to start a BETA in short term has been surfacing. We can call this the first stage of our announcement. In short time, we hope to announce more information about the beta and what's going on with it.

Reporter: Great news! This is honestly something I did not know about, and something that I couldn't know about. So if I understand correctly, in short term we will get more information on this BETA, or am I misunderstanding?

Ali: Correct, Allah willing.

Reporter: Very good! Great, even.

Reporter: Now, without extending this subject too long, I would like to honestly talk more about Mount & Blade: Bannerlord to be completely honest with you, if it pleases you.

Ali: *humms* agreeing.

Reporter: Now, the game is at a stage where it has come to life. And, whilst the BETA is closed right now, it is still at a stage where it can be played in this BETA stage. How long do you think the players will have to wait for the game's release? Can we expect the game to release either this year, or maybe at the start of next year? Can we (slowly) expect the game to come out in the near future?

Ali: In truth, the ones who want the game to come out as soon as possible is us. We say this every time. Through blogs we will let the people know that the they can play the game at Gamescom. This news actually also makes us happy. Allah willing, this will also be great news for our players. We can't wait for all the players to play our game at Gamescom. After that, we will have a good look at our program. We will do all we can to make sure that the game enters its next stage.

Reporter: Understood. I can tell that you don't want to spill too much information, understandably.

Reporter: OK then, this will be my last question regarding Bannderlord: the players will be able to play (and test) the game at Gamescom. If I understand correctly, there will be no such thing as a sign-up list for the playtesting, correct? They can just come to the stand and play there?

Ali: Yes. As you know, Gamescom will open their doors at around 10 o'clock. After that, all players can go in line to play whichever game they want to play, and play them. In the same fashion, they can come to our booth and wait in line to play our game.

Reporter: So, to confirm, this means that there will be no need for a sign-up to come play your game. This is great news, I have to say.

The rest of the questions are about his other endeavours  :lol:

Thanks a lot for transcribing it!

[SOTR] Roy said:
~Lawrence~ said:
at least we know we are getting close. I feel much better now than I did in 2015.
That’s what we said in 2016.
And 2017.
And 2018.
And now.

Sure, but this time around the public will be able to play the game at Gamescom, and if for the first time they're confident enough in letting everyone play the game, I believe it's probably not far-fetched to say that we are getting close.

No it’s not far fetched at all, in fact I imagine they will give some type of inclination when the game will be released at gamescom, all I’m saying is that we thought it was close to release back then, and even though it is closer than then, we still can never be sure what will be announced at gamescom, if anything, until it happens. And yes, that is obviously common sense, but I still don’t want to get my hopes up in case they are disappointed.

Thanks for the translation. True its nothing new, but more confirmation that the path to beta is going well. If they're willing to let anybody play it at Gamescom, maybe they will start beta for the fans at around the same time.

The only reasons I could see not to is for technical issues (servers and whatnot) or if full release is far off so they wouldn't want such a big gap between beta and release.

vicwiz007 said:
Thanks for the translation. True its nothing new, but more confirmation that the path to beta is going well. If they're willing to let anybody play it at Gamescom, maybe they will start beta for the fans at around the same time.

The only reasons I could see not to is for technical issues (servers and whatnot) or if full release is far off so they wouldn't want such a big gap between beta and release.

I agree. Seeing as there's going to be a playable version of multiplayer at Gamescom, and multiplayer is what the the Beta is, I think if I were Taleworlds I'd want as short a delay as possible, if any at all, between punters trying the game at the expo, and punters being able to play the game at home - in order to make the most of the publicity.

Once again, thank you for bringing this topic to debate and for providing a translation. It seems that there is not much relevance in Mr. Erkin always "institutional" statements. We will be tuned™, won't we?  :iamamoron:

Back
Top Bottom