Reducing experience points gained.

Users who are viewing this thread

I am wondering what is the best way to slow experience point gain significantly. My play style is to solo for a period initially. And I don’t really enjoy becoming very powerful and high level so quickly. There is much in the game including size of lord’s parties which scales with level. So I want to stay relatively low level for a while despite building some wealth and getting good equipment.

I checked out reducing the player experience number in the ini file. Reduced it to 0.2 but it seems not to divide experience by 10 compared to the default 2.0.

Sorry if this has been addressed. I did search the forum to no avail.

Thank you for any suggestions.

First, this is a question for the Q&A-thread
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,6575.0.html

Second, you suck at searching  :razz:

NPC99 said:
FleshbobSkinpants said:
A question about troop editing:

I'm using Morgh's to add some troop trees to a mod that doesn't have its module system available publicly.  Is there any way I can set the experience level at which the new troops level up, maybe through the text file?  Or do I just have to use old troops with close enough values as templates?

kalarhan said:
Topper said:
As far as I know, it's hard-coded and cannot be changed.

it is defined on module.ini, so it can be changed (XP for player, companions or troops) and the points gained per level.

Code:
    ## LEVELING SYSTEM
    skill_points_per_level              = 2
    attribute_points_per_level          = 0.195
    weapon_points_per_level             = 5
    level_boundary_multiplier           = 2.0
    attribute_required_per_skill_level  = 2

## XP FOR TROOPS
    player_xp_multiplier   = 1.0 
    hero_xp_multiplier     = 2.0
    regulars_xp_multiplier = 2.0

you can find more flags on VC module.ini, instead of the Native one.

The rate experience is gained determines the speed of levelling up. You can see the levels here: https://mountandblade.fandom.com/wiki/Experience

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3OlgKUar70

Does the number have to be a whole number?  0.2 seems not different from 0.5.

I have VC. And those are excellent new tools. Are the commands backwards compatible to regular Warband?

I have never made a mod before and apologize if my questions are basic.

CalvinG said:
Does the number have to be a whole number?  0.2 seems not different from 0.5.

I have VC. And those are excellent new tools. Are the commands backwards compatible to regular Warband?

I have never made a mod before and apologize if my questions are basic.
The number has to be a whole number at the places at which it doesn't make a sense otherwise.
VC is basically a mod, if you see something inside there you can also put it into the Native module.

CalvinG said:
And those are excellent new tools. Are the commands backwards compatible to regular Warband?

should be if you are using the latest Warband .exe, so just remember it wont work if you are playing a old mod with Warband 1.153 or a MBF&S (Fire and Sword) mod.

CalvinG said:
I am wondering what is the best way to slow experience point gain significantly.
you can also edit the script script_game_get_upgrade_xp

Code:
  # script_game_get_upgrade_xp
  # This script is called from game engine for calculating needed troop upgrade exp
  # Input:
  # param1: troop_id,
  # Output: reg0 = needed exp for upgrade
  ("game_get_upgrade_xp",

Back
Top Bottom