Users who are viewing this thread

Sure they did, for many of the same reasons. Unless you mean from Spain? In that case, they did end up having a decent amount of immigration of Jewish "conversos" into the southern European ghettos.

Captured Joe said:
Well it is claimed that there were no stealing incidents at all during the reign of Vlad III "The Impaler" too...

I would believe in that though. At least any ''recorded'' stealing incidents.

Any sane person would basically prefer his children starve to death rather than get caught by Vlad.

The dude implanted her children's heads to where her breasts used to be after cutting them off to a woman.

On another occasion made children eat their mothers by force.

Once invited all the homeless and impaled them.
One thing is for sure he didnt spend a day without impaling multiple people.

Some of these may be exagerration but one thing is for sure that the guy was a monster.

I think his cut head was buried to Istanbul by Ottomans.

Edit:
I will never understand the Romanians who like this guy. Because their ancestors probably hated and feared him. I respect Mikhail Vitezul but not this man.

Dont get me wrong I am not a softie who criticizes killing in medieval era. Everyone, every king did it. But this psycho was enjoying it too much.

Those are probably exaggerations (as is the legend that his methods somehow made his realm crime-free); he was known mainly for impaling thiefes and his enemies and pretty much anyone who looked at him the wrong way. Abroad he subsequently gained a reputaion as an absolute monster who ate kids and murdered puppies for fun: Back in the day impalement was already rightfully considered a barbarous method of execution by the west... which was however still in use by the Ottoman Empire by the time of the Serbian revolt of 1804! :party:

Constantinople was officially called Kostantinniyye(Qustantiniyya) until the very end of Ottoman period. Istanbul has been derived from Greek 'Stim boli' which meant "to the city" and was used unofficialy from the byzantine period throughout the Turkish period and only became the official name after the modern Republic of Turkey was formed.

Artizan said:
Constantinople was officially called Kostantinniyye(Qustantiniyya) until the very end of Ottoman period. Istanbul has been derived from Greek 'Stim boli' which meant "to the city" and was used unofficialy from the byzantine period throughout the Turkish period and only became the official name after the modern Republic of Turkey was formed.

Yeah I dont know what the big deal is, both names are Greek.

Thinking about a kebab shop in Scotland, Istanbul express.  I think they had multiple locations, but we had this real turk working at this place.  Rare in Scotland. 

Gee, better read up the wiki on kebabs.  Did they invent kebabs in turkey?

Back
Top Bottom