Author Topic: Dev Blog 13/06/19  (Read 11930 times)

JuanNieve

• Knight at Arms
  • Winter Comiket is coming
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
Re: Dev Blog 13/06/19
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2019, 10:52:48 PM »
Me after reading the blog:

Something that is not clear to me is, if an NPC or the player has the rank of Marshal should he pass directly to command the battle?

In case we have a mercenary contract like in the native, I think it would be better if we could keep control of our units
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 10:57:21 PM by JuanNieve »
Hashire sori yo kaze no you ni tsukimihara wo Padoru Padoru~

AmateurHetman

• Knight
  • Pro Fide, Lege et Rege
    • Steam - HetmanAmatorski
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
  • WBNWWF&SM&B
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2019, 10:53:47 PM »

It's not clear to me. Battle orders = Sergeant mode? An undercover freelancer?
I would have to see it in action...I want to like it; however it is not well explained...or I have not understood it well...

Yeah, I’m pretty sure this is what we saw in the sergeant gameplay. If the player is not commanding as a whole, they become a sergeant.

Terco_Viejo

• Spanish Gifquisition
  • Knight
  • Muchas gracias... pero ésto es un Tercio español.
    • View Profile
    • Caballeros de Calradia (Comunidad Mount & Blade en Español)
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2019, 10:54:45 PM »

Callum_Taleworlds, this week I promise to be a good boy if you come to clarify a couple of doubts that have arisen between fellow users on the subject that concerns us ...
Rejoice, the coming of the Lord is near

dr4gunov

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2019, 11:11:16 PM »
It's not clear to me. Battle orders = Sergeant mode? An undercover freelancer?
I would have to see it in action...I want to like it; however it is not well explained...or I have not understood it well...

Was it not similar with warband? When you joined battles with multiple lords you pressed 0 (all of you, listen) and than 3 (charge) and only some of troops listened (unless you had greater renown or sth). Now you officialy get to command specific branch of realm's forces. Seems legit. Hope it's fun as well.

NUQAR'S Kentucky "Nuqar" James XXL

• BioAfrikaner
  • Duke
  • 🖕IF YOUR EASILY OFFENDED...GROW SOME BALLS...!!🖕
    • Twitter - yaqobhyndes
    • View Profile
    • Artwork Gallery
  • Faction: Khergit
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2019, 11:13:14 PM »
Even if this just ends up being a mana farm essentially, I like the idea of being able to control a smaller part in a larger battle. It's a lot of fun to (occasionally) fight alongside the AI in total war or an RTS even when the AI itself sucks. Still, I have a couple of concerns:

1. If the AI can control your troops how do you disincentivise the player from just dropping off their soldiers off prior to the battle so they don't get wrecked by uncontrollable decisions?
2. Will the player ever be in a position where they can control the entire army, or at the very least more than one troop type?
3. Does this apply during sieges?

上原亜衣

• The Most Wrong
  • Archduke
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandit
  • WBNW
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2019, 11:25:45 PM »
4. Do the Sturgians deploy in ordre profond or ordre mince?
5. How many piquet companies are there in a Vlandian manche?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 11:27:53 PM by 上原亜衣 »

JuanNieve

• Knight at Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2019, 11:27:13 PM »
What will happen to our companions? Will they also be assigned as simple soldiers? Or will there be the possibility that we can take control of them if our character falls unconscious?

Will there be the option that our companions with roles of doctor or engineer do not participate in the battle? It would be a pain in the ass, losing our best doctor in that way.

Rabies

• Knight at Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2019, 11:30:14 PM »
Even if this just ends up being a mana farm essentially, I like the idea of being able to control a smaller part in a larger battle. It's a lot of fun to (occasionally) fight alongside the AI in total war or an RTS even when the AI itself sucks. Still, I have a couple of concerns:

1. If the AI can control your troops how do you disincentivise the player from just dropping off their soldiers off prior to the battle so they don't get wrecked by uncontrollable decisions?
2. Will the player ever be in a position where they can control the entire army, or at the very least more than one troop type?
3. Does this apply during sieges?

These are guesses, but I would say:
1) If you leave all your troops behind so as not to have them killed, you're not contributing as much to the war effort, and therefore get less credit for positive results; you also lose "rank" points within the army.
2) Yes, you can lead the entire army - it says so in the blog. If you're commanding a group within the army, it looks like it's one troop type - but that might just be default settings. In Warband you could compose custom groups of whatever troops you wanted, and they could be mixed types, so maybe that's possible.
3) Good question! Though I don't see why it wouldn't?

NUQAR'S Kentucky "Nuqar" James XXL

• BioAfrikaner
  • Duke
  • 🖕IF YOUR EASILY OFFENDED...GROW SOME BALLS...!!🖕
    • Twitter - yaqobhyndes
    • View Profile
    • Artwork Gallery
  • Faction: Khergit
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2019, 11:40:41 PM »
6. How many buttons do the Sturgian 5°eme L'infanterie de le lígne de l'fusilierie á cheval 47,624th Grenadierie adjutant drummers have on their wallets?

JuanNieve

• Knight at Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2019, 11:50:19 PM »
I believe that if you are the commander of the army you should be able to choose the groups or blocks of the army. Even select who will command them and the quality of troops that each group will have. Of course also having the automatic option for players who do not want to waste a lot of time. Perhaps the option could also be added that if we choose a lord instead of another who has more prestige, he will take it badly.

jujumoooyee

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2019, 12:14:41 AM »
You guys know that most of your potential customers are gone now right? Look at the steam charts, no one cares about your game anymore. Unless you release this game in a year then Bannerlord will become outdated, Look at Mordhau, satisfying combat and great graphics, eventually someone is going to make a better Mordhau and you are still going to develop and develop until you die of old age? How many years has it been?

golan4840

• Regular
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2019, 12:16:48 AM »
Can I complain about release date?

Nevermind complaining about release date is sooo 2016 lol

Triune Impurity Rites 999

• Sergeant
  • Domedon Doxomedon
    • Steam - painkiller31
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Golgathian
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2019, 12:19:58 AM »
Okay, I really like this blog. Contentwise (text vs images vs video), it was lacking. However, the idea conveyed by this blog is amazing! I love this idea!
The three obscure states of Mankind in Malkuth:

Adam in Darkness 9
Eve in Damnation 9
Seth in Death 9

Davic

• Knight
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Davic
  • WBNW
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2019, 12:21:31 AM »
This seems like an interesting addition in terms of realism, but I wonder what it actually means for gameplay. Is there a difference between the performance and AI of a formation being controlled by the commander in a single lord's army versus a formation that is being directly controlled by a lord in a multi-lord army? Related, when the player becomes commander, are there any benefits from lords controlling your formations versus the player directly controlling them all like in solo battles?

vicwiz007

• D
  • Knight
  • Lord Jar Jar Binks, 52 BBY - ∞
    • Steam - 0900730
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
  • MP nick: M&B Wars Ep IV - No Hope
  • WBNWVCM&BWF&S
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2019, 12:43:44 AM »
You guys know that most of your potential customers are gone now right? Look at the steam charts, no one cares about your game anymore. Unless you release this game in a year then Bannerlord will become outdated, Look at Mordhau, satisfying combat and great graphics, eventually someone is going to make a better Mordhau and you are still going to develop and develop until you die of old age? How many years has it been?
I don't know what steam charts you're looking at, but the average player count has remained very constant at around 6k for several years now. If the only thing you're going to contribute is a complaint, at least make it a valid one.

https://steamcharts.com/app/48700#All